Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affixing

Default Affixing

I haven't done affixing in a while. Mainly because I haven't played in some time but I see that it's a little different. By that I mean I noticed that you can use more than 2 fodder items. Got a few questions about this.
    I'm going to try get about 5 affixes onto my weapon but I'm curious about if the method have changed for doing so.

1 - What is the total number of fodder items that can be used now?
    2 - Is it still possible to search for tech boost etc? I searched all of them and got no results.
    3 - Is the use of having more available fodder items changed the success % that you get?
    4 - is there a special method of creating ability 3? Never had to make it before.

For the sake of ease, I'm looking to get Tech boost, Diabo soul, Technique 4/5, ability 3, vinculum.
    Would I be right in saying just get the target weapon with the soul and any other 4 abilities > get at least 2 fodder items with each of these other things > Using a 30% affix boost.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Name: ナユキ
    Hu: 71 Fi: 75 Ra: 70 Gu: 75 Fo: 75 Te: 75 Br: 75 Bo: 70
    Race: Newman
    Ship 2

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Uhg, affixing... The only thing I have to say about it is, the difficulty isn't linear. You aren't going to have to work five times harder for a 5 affix item. You'll have to work the amount you worked, to the fifth power, times.
    I know you know this, but I still need to complain. It's a terrible system, which only exists to drain money from the economy and have an excuse to pad gameplay length. No part of it creates fun. Not being undergeared for ignoring it, not going through the process, and not even being overpowered because you subjected yourself to it.

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    I haven't done affixing in a while. Mainly because I haven't played in some time but I see that it's a little different. By that I mean I noticed that you can use more than 2 fodder items. Got a few questions about this.
    I'm going to try get about 5 affixes onto my weapon but I'm curious about if the method have changed for doing so.

1 - What is the total number of fodder items that can be used now?
    2 - Is it still possible to search for tech boost etc? I searched all of them and got no results.
    3 - Is the use of having more available fodder items changed the success % that you get?
    4 - is there a special method of creating ability 3? Never had to make it before.

For the sake of ease, I'm looking to get Tech boost, Diabo soul, Technique 4/5, ability 3, vinculum.
    Would I be right in saying just get the target weapon with the soul and any other 4 abilities > get at least 2 fodder items with each of these other things > Using a 30% affix boost.
    1. You can use 6 items. This includes any main item you plan to use.

2. Do you mean the item that adds it or an item that already has it applied to it?

3. Can't tell what you mean. So I'm going to talk about two things. Using more than one fodder (up to 3) will increase the base chance of affixes. That said using more than one of the same affix will increase it even more. Using nothing but the exact same unit or same weapon will increase it even more, but not useful for final affixing.

4. You can make Ability 3 with Power 3, Shoot 3, Technique 3 or Body 3, React 3, Mind 3. Building Ability 3 with these two sets of affixes will grant you a base chance of 60% Ability 3 success.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    1. You can use 6 items. This includes any main item you plan to use.

2. Do you mean the item that adds it or an item that already has it applied to it?

3. Can't tell what you mean. So I'm going to talk about two things. Using more than one fodder (up to 3) will increase the base chance of affixes. That said using more than one of the same affix will increase it even more. Using nothing but the exact same unit or same weapon will increase it even more, but not useful for final affixing.

4. You can make Ability 3 with Power 3, Shoot 3, Technique 3 or Body 3, React 3, Mind 3. Building Ability 3 with these two sets of affixes will grant you a base chance of 60% Ability 3 success.
    Oooo neat tips

1. It's easier to just say 5.

2. Yes, but enter the name entirely as it is, like technique III, or technique boost.

3. Yes, more of one ability increases the percentage, but it caps at 3 for a max boost. Having 4 or more will do nothing. Usually it's a flat increase, like power III will be 60% -> 80% -> 100%

4. What Vatallus said.

T atk boost doesn't transfer over, is that why you were asking to search for it? You need the special ability add item, 特殊能力追加(法撃), to apply it to a weapon/unit.

You're trying to affix hell, and unless you're rich and can use all 5 slot fodders, or crazy lucky and want to gamble, I would try affixing something else. Hell, I'm pretty sure 4 slot with modulator and flict magia would be easier to succeed. No idea about the cost though.

http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu...FA03&o=A05.B06

Cheers guys. I was about to press the affix button and take a chance for 5 slots, but even with a 30% boost it was still a really dodgy % and didn't to risk it. I stuck with 4 slots and it worked out fine. Got a HP boost, Technique 4, Mutation 1 and Diabo soul. Still cost me a fair few million but I don't mind.
    I realized just how bad it is trying to go from 4-5. It's like that's a new milestone altogether. Now I wonder what's up when I see people with 6 slotted items.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    Now I wonder what's up when I see people with 6 slotted items.
    if it came untekked with 6 slots, its actually very easy to pull off, the hardest part of a high slot affix is purely the upslotting to get there.

Inside of boost week 5 -> 6 slot upslotting is 95%x6 which is Pretty decent. obviously that drops to 85% which opens up alot more room for failure and being rng screwed when you try it without a boost week. (Assuming 30% booster).
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

How does affixing souls work o3o

You need at least 2 copies of a soul to transfer it over. It has a bad chance. Get a third copy of the same soul and it goes up to 80% I believe it is. Get a wee 20% booster in there and you have your 100% of transfer for your soul.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    How does affixing souls work o3o
    Fay already said most of it, but just to reiterate. 2 Souls is a 50% chance. 3 Souls is a 80% chance. A soul receptor can make any single soul 100%, but these usually cost a great deal and not advisable unless you really need the ease of it or the price isn't that bad over all.

There really is nothing else to say about souls. Remember also that certain souls boost specific affixes. Like Vol Soul boost Power 3, Stamina 3, Burn 3, and I think Body 3. I have a list somewhere on my hard drive that contains most souls.