Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast
    The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Man, I hope it's not just extra damage. Gu needs some deep fixing to be good again.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Looks like they intend to buff katana through katana gear with power increase, pp recovery, and making gear easier to manage. Gu information not present yet but looks like they are finally budging to buff it.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSS

Ninja insert:

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    Aside from playing Braver extensively, I also main Gunner. Here's my comprehensive take on buffing Gunner:

Currently there are issues with Gunner:
    1. Chain Trigger as main DPS / burst vs Boss is very strong but unreliable.
    2. Poor mobility on the ground, which in turn harms mobbing capability.
    3. PP regeneration is still not enough, amazingly.
    4. Showtime Star provides good damage sustenance (prevents that 1.3x TMG Gear damage boost dropping) but in turn also creates another problem: its 1.2x damage boost dropped if you get hit by stray attacks.
    5. Elder Rebellion and Satellite Aim strong but throws enemies everywhere, preventing you to actually use them for mobbing. :|

While PSO2 developers improved Gunner playstyle DRAMATICALLY by nerfing SRoll-JA and buffing everything else, (gameplay was monotonous, now MUCH more exciting) those issues mentioned above has not been fixed.

Chain Trigger itself is a minigame: it requires you to focus fire on a specific coordinate on the enemy part. Upon success, you're rewarded with huge damage burst and speeds up the cooldown cycle for the next chain session. This begs a question: What if you fail?

When you failed Chain Trigger, not only you missed a potential for dealing damage, but you also need to wait for quite a while before you can use your next Chain Trigger. Not fun.

Chain Trigger can be fixed NOT by actually letting you to hit anywhere on the enemy it applied and stacks (doing so will remove the 'fun' of Chain Trigger ), but can be fixed by removing the cooldown altogether. If you fail, you can reattempt. If you success, you get damage burst. Sounds OP? Tell that to those boss OHKO-ing RA / JB BO / FO.

As for the second issue, I love how bow works. It actually has side step. Why can't we have that on Gunner?

Third issue can be fixed by increasing TMG Mastery PP recovery. We need Deband PP Restorate level of PP recovery. While at that, please buff that critical damage; 5% doesn't cut it.

Fourth issue can be fixed by just scrapping Showtime altogether. The core concept of the skill is flawed and is just a big bad band-aid. Make TMG gear doesn't drop when you get hit by damage dammit. What about that 1.2x High Time damage boost? Make Aerial Advance works when you're airborne instead of hitting airborne enemy.

And finally, fix Elder Rebellion and Satellite Aim to stagger the enemy instead of launching them. Problem solved.
    Last edited by elryan; Aug 13, 2015 at 12:46 AM.

I hope this works out well and they don't get overbuffed.

Braver... maybe it's slightly weak, but Counter and gear are already superstrong. Heck, it was strong enough before its latest buff. They should be focusing on something else. For example, making Bows more useful for non-Bow specs.

If nothing is said about Gu, then it must be something major. Like, fixing hitboxes, buffing speed of PAs and S-Roll, changing skill trees to actually support PAs like Reverse Tap and Heel Stab... or at least I hope so. So many TMG-exclusive skills, yet in many situations you'd rather use Gunslash, Rifle or even Partizans and WLs. Even if they plain double TMGs' damage all around, those problems will still be causing frustrations.

Still, good news are good.
    Last edited by isCasted; Aug 12, 2015 at 02:29 PM.

Honestly they should just bring S-Roll JA back up to 200% and bring guld milla's potential back to tank status. Oh, and make shunka super OP again

RIP episode 2 meta

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Honestly they should just bring S-Roll JA back up to 200% and bring guld milla's potential back to tank status. Oh, and make shunka super OP again

RIP episode 2 meta
    I can't tell if you're serious or not.

That said, I do think S-roll JA should be 20 or 25% instead of just 10%. >_> Like, yeah it was OP before, but now it's useless. It should be like tech arts JA. Something you take advantage of when it's convenient but not something that's the majority of your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    That's basically even out the playing field again, given that they nerfed the shit out of shunka, and then released an assload of OP PA's. I never got why they nerfed gul milla but not elder pain though.