Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suddenly BSOD! (On game startup)

PSO2 was working just fine yesterday. I try to log into it today and get BSODed 4 times on game startup right after GameGuard decides to update itself... I know that is not a coincidence, and it is 99.99999% chance a GameGuard issue. I looked through these forums about BSOD issues and the most current one that seems to be involved with BSOD and starting up PSO2 was from 2013, so without necrobumping a post I am wondering if anyone knows any helpful hints now other than wait for it to randomly start working again?

I have already tried all of these already:
    1) Simply restarting my PC
    2) Full Virus Scan
    3) File Check (Non Tweaker)
    4) Tweaker GameGuard Fix (Which did help with random App Crashes)
    5) Made absolute sure nothing else is running while launching PSO2
    6) Kicking it
    7) Probably more that I am forgetting because it is 3 AM currently...

None of these worked, and I have never been BSODed before due to GameGuard or anything else... so it is a new (and annoying) experience.

There has to be some way of fixing this or getting around it inquiring minds would like to know, any help (or attempted help) is appreciated.
    *+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*
    "The eyes are the window of the soul." (...but these are pixels, so they are a window to Albums.)

Take a look at Event Viewer, Fault modules or any misbehaviors are listed there. The one which caused BSOD should be marked with a red X button as it was critical error
    Last edited by HentaiLolicon; Aug 15, 2015 at 04:09 AM.

I'm having the same problem, I'm using Windows Vista, what do I search in event viewer? and I dont see any RED X only Red exclamations.
    Last edited by Hucast-Kireek; Aug 15, 2015 at 07:33 AM.

It's in Administrative Tools, you can find it in Control Panel

Do you use Avast?

If so, uninstall it, it's causing BSODs for a lot of people recently: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229995

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

It was AVAST! I completely UNINSTALLED THAT SUCKER!

I can play PSO2 again, no more BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

Glad it was an easy fix, I was afraid it was my PC!

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    Do you use Avast?

If so, uninstall it, it's causing BSODs for a lot of people recently: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229995
    Thanks for the help everybody, this has seemed to fix it for now. It did completely reset all my settings and the game thought this was the first time I logged into PSO2 for some reason (complete with the "Welcome to PSO2" welcome screen), but no BSOD anymore... I liked avast, I guess I'll try to reinstall it in about a month or so and see if works again.
    "The eyes are the window of the soul." (...but these are pixels, so they are a window to Albums.)

Now I'm getting the same thing...
    But I'm not sure if it's Avast. I do have it, I do like it. What other TRUSTWORTHY AV is also free? This computer does everything for everyone, it can't afford to take risks just because of a game.
    Plus, why would avast suddenly cause problems? It's worked for YEARS literally, with pso2 never giving a peep of trouble.

Earlier, Hentai mentioned looking the event viewer, I did, and when it happened these 3 messages all appear at the same time stamp

"The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not start due to a logon failure."

"The nvUpdatusService service was unable to log on as .\UpdatusUser with the currently configured password due to the following error:
    Logon failure: the specified account password has expired.

To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC)."

"The HP Network Devices Support service hung on starting."

But, I don't know what any of them means.
    Gameguard also says "Errors do you want to report them" (I pick no) opens up IE with their GG helps page in it, downloads 2 things (with its tiny window) and then the whole PC just BSOD out. It then says "Windows recovered from a error start in safemode/start normally" I pick normal & it boots the rest of the way up eventually.

So my main suspect is GG.
    I ran the tweaker with:
    Fix GG errors
    Fix PSO2 EXE's
    Redownload the launcher thing

What else can I even do? I super suspect it's GG...do you think it may resolve itself after the update on Tuesday?

Because Avast sneaked in some update which is causing it to kill GG which makes it stop some critical windows process that its attached to resulting in a bsod everytime you start up PSO2, i don't want it doing that to my PC everytime i start up pso2 so i removed it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    Now I'm getting the same thing...
    But I'm not sure if it's Avast. I do have it, I do like it. What other TRUSTWORTHY AV is also free? This computer does everything for everyone, it can't afford to take risks just because of a game.
    Plus, why would avast suddenly cause problems? It's worked for YEARS literally, with pso2 never giving a peep of trouble.
    I am currently running Avast with PSO2, the trick is just getting an outdated version of Avast with the most current Virus Definitions... search around on Google for a Avast version 2015.10.2.2215 it will be about 143 MB, if it is 151 MB that is the most current version and will still BSOD. (I had many websites say that I was downloading version 2015.10.2.2215 when I was really downloading the most current version.) Also don't forget to set it for manual updates after you get it .

Also, yes this is all on GG being GG... when Avast finally does decide to gib another update keep around the outdated versions' executable just in case.