Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 175764656667686970 ... LastLast

Yay, you're da man HardLight

Thanks for the hard work. I have a quick question. Would it be possible to fix PSO2's camera height bug, where the camera sometimes doesn't move up when you gain height with mechguns or daggers? Since Arks Mod Tool is already manipulating the camera, I wonder how easy or hard this would be to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Thanks for the hard work. I have a quick question. Would it be possible to fix PSO2's camera height bug, where the camera sometimes doesn't move up when you gain height with mechguns or daggers? Since Arks Mod Tool is already manipulating the camera, I wonder how easy or hard this would be to add.
    Certainly possible as I had to override that exact behavior when working on the Oculus Rift mod. That being said, updates to the tool outside of regular version updates have been suspended indefinitely until I am able to come back and properly devote some time to this. Sorry to disappoint anyone who was looking forward to getting some new features in the near future.

Thanks for keeping it updated at all, really, especially given it's a tool that gives functionality that shouldn't be excluded from the game to begin with.

They're finally implementing an in-game feature that toggles radar map switching at the start of an e-trial. That's one thing that can be taken off AMT.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    They're finally implementing an in-game feature that toggles radar map switching at the start of an e-trial. That's one thing that can be taken off AMT.
    But they still did not give an option to disable the EMERGENCY flash.

Default Arks Mod Tool causing significant performance degradation

Hey HardLight, I know you're not really doing much with the app right now besides retargeting it for us -- and believe me, we appreciate that tremendously -- but I wanted to see if you had any idea what could be the cause of an issue I'm having.

Basically, running PSO2 normally, I can keep the game over 100 FPS at all times and generally over 200 FPS. This is important to me because I have a high-speed gaming monitor. I'm using a Core i7-5775C @ 4.3 GHz and a pair of Radeon R9 Fury X cards.

But when using AMT, I struggle to maintain 60 FPS. To make matters worse, the frame delivery is really inconsistent, so even when it's ~60 FPS it feels like 30 or less. It's a HUGE difference.

Obviously when disabling object culling you're going to put more load on the hardware, but my machine is, well, beefy. I don't see any reason it should run this poorly. I thought it might be down to Radeon drivers or Crossfire but the problem persisted with a GeForce GTX 1060 on the same machine. I'm playing in Borderless mode on Windows 10, if that matters.

What really makes me think it must be some kind of buggy or erroneous behavior is because occasionally, for brief moments, the game will lurch for a long second, and then for 5-15 seconds it will run at the full proper framerate. There's no apparent pattern to this; it doesn't happen in periods of low activity or high activity particularly. One of the most affected places is My Room.

Anyway, thanks again for all the work on AMT past, present, and future. Any assistance you can provide troubleshooting this would be -grand-.

Quote Originally Posted by auxy View Post
    Hey HardLight, I know you're not really doing much with the app right now besides retargeting it for us -- and believe me, we appreciate that tremendously -- but I wanted to see if you had any idea what could be the cause of an issue I'm having.

Basically, running PSO2 normally, I can keep the game over 100 FPS at all times and generally over 200 FPS. This is important to me because I have a high-speed gaming monitor. I'm using a Core i7-5775C @ 4.3 GHz and a pair of Radeon R9 Fury X cards.

But when using AMT, I struggle to maintain 60 FPS. To make matters worse, the frame delivery is really inconsistent, so even when it's ~60 FPS it feels like 30 or less. It's a HUGE difference.

Obviously when disabling object culling you're going to put more load on the hardware, but my machine is, well, beefy. I don't see any reason it should run this poorly. I thought it might be down to Radeon drivers or Crossfire but the problem persisted with a GeForce GTX 1060 on the same machine. I'm playing in Borderless mode on Windows 10, if that matters.

What really makes me think it must be some kind of buggy or erroneous behavior is because occasionally, for brief moments, the game will lurch for a long second, and then for 5-15 seconds it will run at the full proper framerate. There's no apparent pattern to this; it doesn't happen in periods of low activity or high activity particularly. One of the most affected places is My Room.

Anyway, thanks again for all the work on AMT past, present, and future. Any assistance you can provide troubleshooting this would be -grand-.
    I find it very weird you having those problems, when I'm in a ROG Laptop with a i7 4720HQ @ 2.60 GHz CPU with a nVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M and don't experience any of those issues, mantaining a >100 FPS all the time... And I'm in Windows 8.1...

Have you checked your eventvwr to see if it's any other program that's stealing resourses of the machine?
    I had some issues weeks ago during gameplay and it turned out to be a "rogue" program malfunctioning. Had to re-install the program in question and everything went back to normal.
    Check the "Application" section and "System" section and check for any errors or warning, specific to a program that might not be common to be there.

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

Quote Originally Posted by MDashK View Post
    I find it very weird you having those problems, when I'm in a ROG Laptop with a i7 4720HQ @ 2.60 GHz CPU with a nVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M and don't experience any of those issues, mantaining a >100 FPS all the time... And I'm in Windows 8.1...

Have you checked your eventvwr to see if it's any other program that's stealing resourses of the machine?
    I had some issues weeks ago during gameplay and it turned out to be a "rogue" program malfunctioning. Had to re-install the program in question and everything went back to normal.
    Check the "Application" section and "System" section and check for any errors or warning, specific to a program that might not be common to be there.
    Haha. It's a clean Windows install. It's actually been doing this for me the whole time I've been using it which if you check the thread is quite some time. It's also done it to me across multiple machines and setups.

Are you playing in Borderless mode? Or maybe it's Windows 10-related.

Quote Originally Posted by auxy View Post
    Haha. It's a clean Windows install. It's actually been doing this for me the whole time I've been using it which if you check the thread is quite some time. It's also done it to me across multiple machines and setups.

Are you playing in Borderless mode? Or maybe it's Windows 10-related.
    Well, if that's the case, I have no idea... =S
    Yes, I play it in Virtual Full-Screen @1920x1080.
    Hmm... Maybe...

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997