Page 1 of 75 12341151 ... LastLast

Default Arks Mod Tool v1.2 - Camera Controls

A simple mod tool to support some basic, but useful client-side adjustments to the game.

Features
    - The option to toggle off startup intro videos.
    - Graphical options to disable near/far culling and force maximum terrain LOD.
    - Options to toggle between walking and running for keyboard users.
    - Options to hide the UI and toggle the command palette.
    - Options for adjusting the camera settings in both regular and shooting modes.
    - An always-on adjustment that prevents the minimap from switching states when an ECode mission begins.
    - An always-on adjustment that prevents the log window from automatically reappearing when a boss battle starts.
    - An option to disable ECode UI visuals.

Planned Features
    - Graphical controls for adjusting the amount of PA effects that get shown
    - Extended UI options for positioning certain HUD elements.
    - An option to disable character pushing (same as the Vita version)

Download Links

Current as of pso2.exe v4.0801.0
    - Arks Mod Tool v1.3l 64-bit
    - Arks Mod Tool v1.3l 32-bit

Additional Dependencies
    - Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013
    - Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Source Code
    - Arks Mod Tool

Troubleshooting

- If attempting to run the mod tool causes it to throw an error and close, it may be a compatibility issue with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable or the Microsoft .NET Framework. Try redownloading those two and see if it helps.

Notes

- This mod cannot be used with the PSO2 Virtual Connect virtual reality mod tool.

- This mod cannot be used with the PSO2 Tweaker plugin system (Compatibility options are currently being investigated).

- The option to disable far culling currently only disables first stage far culling. Game objects will still vanish after exceeding the second stage boundary approximately 2 map grid spaces away. Terrain will still show up properly beyond this boundary though.

- Similarly, occlusion culling is still enabled meaning objects and terrain may still pop in if the occluding volume of an object is larger than its visible geometry.

- "Update Culling" is a made up term that refers to the way objects that are far away from the player will have a reduced refresh rate in their animations and movements. It becomes more noticeable when you have far culling disabled.

Known Bugs

- Under certain conditions, viewing specific events with the "Hide Screen Nofications" option ticked may cause the game to soft lock.

- PSO2 appears to have a hard asset limit built into the game. If too many assets appear onscreen at once, some parts of ingame models may appear absent. More investigation to follow.

- Color adjustments will only be applied on graphics settings greater than 1.

- AIS and Rideroid camera distances will be incorrect when custom camera positioning is enabled.

- Gamepad camera rotation speed does not account for distance when using customized cameras. As a result, rotation speed will be slower when zoomed out and faster when zoomed in.

Version History
    Major.Minor[Revision]

Spoiler!

Credits

- Special thanks to Gama for the awesome app icon.

Disclaimer

This project is strictly the work of a fan and is not affiliated with Sega or any other game development organization. I respect the rights administered to Sega as both the developer and publisher of Phantasy Star Online 2 and will cease development on this project immediately if requested to do so by an appropriate authority.
    Last edited by HardLight620; Mar 8, 2017 at 11:06 AM.

Oooh cool I'll try this out, thanks

does it prevent culling enemies and item boxes?
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    does it prevent culling enemies and item boxes?
    To a certain extent it does. Definitely further than usual, but after about 2 map grid spaces away they still vanish. I plan on adding an option to disable this second stage culling as well, but right now, doing so causes a few unwanted side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    - Extended UI options for positioning certain HUD elements.
    Please big area map, please big area map!

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Wow, thanks for the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Dude.

I love you.

But I have to ask: is it at all possible you could somehow get Reshade/SweetFX/[insert shader mod here] to hook to the game without Gameguard throwing a shitfit? Radeonpro works, but it's finicky and only works with older versions of SweetFX. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler!

This is so awesome... can't wait to spend my playing hours with this!

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    - Graphical options to disable near/far culling and force maximum terrain LOD.
    I'm not sure what you mean by near/far culling. Should I tick those 2 as well as the Disable Update Culling tick Disable LOD Reduction?

Many many thanks though for making this.