Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 216168697071727374 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    Edit2: I lied, I actually realized what you're doing now and automating this is time and effort and it'll still probably break after every other update. Uh. If you've got time to rewrite this to be more dynamic friendly, let me know, but I now have a deeper respect for your diligence.
    That's very kind of you to say so. You are actually correct in that I could automate finding those last 4 addresses given a bit of time and effort. The two data pointers and the GetProcAddress function pointer could be found with a basic memory scan. The K32 pointer is a bit tougher to deal with as it's easy to mistake for a common integer, but there are ways of finding it that don't depend on data stored in local memory. At the end of the day though, it only takes a few minutes to find them by hand. The main parts that take the most time are the breakages in either the patch signatures or the actual patch logic which can't really be fixed through any automated means.

I've still got a ways to go to make this thing more maintainable. Both you and Aida have been kind enough to reach out with advice keep this thing up to date and compatible with the Tweaker. I still haven't had a chance to make good on some of your suggestions, but hopefully we can continue to help each other out.

I downloaded the linked source code (version 1.2.0.10) and got it to run, like you mentioned I set ORIGINAL_CRC = PATCHED_CRC in line 30 in Form1.cs.

But that just makes it exit without a sound the instant I launch PSO2. I have no idea what really happens because it seems to be no exception or visual studio would break with my current settings.

I tried starting the tweaker first, running the mod tool and then starting pso2 from the tweaker and I also tried usign the tweaker to start pso2 and then start the mod tool once pso2 was running, but it makes no difference.
    What's happening? You made it sound so easy

Does anyone else have a working version? All I care about is disabling e-trial messages so if other stuff is broken I don't mind.

Mod tool isnt updated yet as far as im concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    I downloaded the linked source code (version 1.2.0.10) and got it to run, like you mentioned I set ORIGINAL_CRC = PATCHED_CRC in line 30 in Form1.cs.

But that just makes it exit without a sound the instant I launch PSO2. I have no idea what really happens because it seems to be no exception or visual studio would break with my current settings.

I tried starting the tweaker first, running the mod tool and then starting pso2 from the tweaker and I also tried usign the tweaker to start pso2 and then start the mod tool once pso2 was running, but it makes no difference.
    What's happening? You made it sound so easy

Does anyone else have a working version? All I care about is disabling e-trial messages so if other stuff is broken I don't mind.
    I'm taking that you took into account that "ORIGINAL_CRC = PATCHED_CRC" are values, not text...
    Therefore, you have to find the NEW CRC values to update the program...
    That, so far, has been the real problem for those who try to update the program, AFAIK...

So, my question is: if you did indeed take that into account, how did you manage to get the new values?

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

I did not. In the linked post said to do it and that's what I did. He made it sound like it would automatically work if you launch it "beside" the tweaker which I assume means starting it while the the tweaker is already running.

He also did not mention where to set the values.
    So my actual question is, how to get it to work? Hardlight said the tweaker would take care of hiding this from GG (now that I think of it, quite possibly GG killed the process) but evidently this isn't happening and it's working even less than when I use the last of his versions.

TBH I have no idea what is happening.

So, no one that knows how to make the mod tool work is willing to share the knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    So, no one that knows how to make the mod tool work is willing to share the knowledge?
    Don't worry, I'm sure the tool is not dead and that HardLight620 is just busy with some real life matters.
    I wouldn't say that those who know won't share, I would say that so far no one has managed to find out how, or, to find a good alternative way to update this more easily and faster...
    I myself thinked of trying it, but I lack the compiling tools, and also, the knowledge to get the updated values... To add to that, my experience in programming is not much, and the little experience I have is rusty: it has been years since I've worked in programming and at the time all I did was some simple Visual C++ stuff, I won't even take into consideration PASCAL since that's been dead for decades now.... My forte is really in web programming so... Yeah... =S

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

Default update?

is there going be any more updates?

Quote Originally Posted by cx8p View Post
    is there going be any more updates?
    Not in the near future. Learn to cope with EMERGENCY CODE flash.

Arks Mod Tool says "Patch Error" for me. I updated it when I opened it, to whatever the latest version is. Did I do something wrong, or is this just not working with PSO2 anymore?