Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 185865666768697071 ... LastLast

After doing some targeted testing it seems like it might be Windows 10 Anniversary Update that caused the problems. I set up a machine here with Windows 7 Ultimate and it doesn't happen on that machine. (Also: what a FAFF! I am so glad I'm not using that junk OS anymore. Well, aside from this problem with ARKS Mod Tool...)

I'm not using Defender or Smartscreen or any of that, so it's nothing like that. I suspect it has something to do with the library changes to DirectX 9 in Windows 10 AE, probably the same ones that broke the Illusion games. Uhh, not that I play those or anything. ('◇')ゞ

HardLight, I'm very savvy (I'm a semi-pro systems integrator and consultant) but I am not a programmer. Any chance you could take a look and see what the deal is?

Quote Originally Posted by auxy View Post
    After doing some targeted testing it seems like it might be Windows 10 Anniversary Update that caused the problems. I set up a machine here with Windows 7 Ultimate and it doesn't happen on that machine. (Also: what a FAFF! I am so glad I'm not using that junk OS anymore. Well, aside from this problem with ARKS Mod Tool...)

I'm not using Defender or Smartscreen or any of that, so it's nothing like that. I suspect it has something to do with the library changes to DirectX 9 in Windows 10 AE, probably the same ones that broke the Illusion games. Uhh, not that I play those or anything. ('◇')ゞ

HardLight, I'm very savvy (I'm a semi-pro systems integrator and consultant) but I am not a programmer. Any chance you could take a look and see what the deal is?
    Have you discarded a possible issue in the GPU drivers?
    Some months ago there was a release for nVIDIA GPUs that was causing major lag and framedrop in the game...
    Not only PSO2 but other major games.
    For my GPU, fortunatelly, nowadays is fixed, but maybe your's isn't. Best to check out though.

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997

Quote Originally Posted by MDashK View Post
    Have you discarded a possible issue in the GPU drivers?
    Some months ago there was a release for nVIDIA GPUs that was causing major lag and framedrop in the game...
    Not only PSO2 but other major games.
    For my GPU, fortunatelly, nowadays is fixed, but maybe your's isn't. Best to check out though.
    Ah, thanks for your replies. I use a Radeon. (*'▽') I've tested this over many driver versions. It definitely seems to be related to Windows 10. I'm going to test something here in a moment that could fix it. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

[edit] Well, I tried copying over a much older version of the d3d9.dll to the PSO2_bin folder. It actually seemed to have improved performance during character model loading while running the game normally, but when loading ARKS Mod Tool it was in fact actually even way way worse! The title screen was running maybe 30 FPS if I'm being generous. It was rough!

[edit the 2nd] Saying "30 FPS" got me thinking -- one of my side monitors is a 30Hz display, and that's the one that AMT was on. Moving it over to my 144 Hz display and restarting the game seems to have more or less resolved the problem! It looks like ARKS Mod Tool will limit the framerate to the refresh rate of whatever display it's on. Interesting!

[edit the 3rd] Well, it still runs worse with AMT loaded but it might be a little better than before with the new DLL. I'm not sure. In any case, a tip for anyone, at least with a Radeon on Win10 -- don't leave AMT on a lower-refresh side monitor! Hehe. ( ;∀; )
    Last edited by auxy; Mar 1, 2017 at 12:14 PM.

weird.. the mod tool works perfectly fine in windowed but as soon as i go virtual full screen non stop patch errors

Quote Originally Posted by auxy View Post
    Ah, thanks for your replies. I use a Radeon. (*'▽') I've tested this over many driver versions. It definitely seems to be related to Windows 10. I'm going to test something here in a moment that could fix it. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

[edit] Well, I tried copying over a much older version of the d3d9.dll to the PSO2_bin folder. It actually seemed to have improved performance during character model loading while running the game normally, but when loading ARKS Mod Tool it was in fact actually even way way worse! The title screen was running maybe 30 FPS if I'm being generous. It was rough!

[edit the 2nd] Saying "30 FPS" got me thinking -- one of my side monitors is a 30Hz display, and that's the one that AMT was on. Moving it over to my 144 Hz display and restarting the game seems to have more or less resolved the problem! It looks like ARKS Mod Tool will limit the framerate to the refresh rate of whatever display it's on. Interesting!

[edit the 3rd] Well, it still runs worse with AMT loaded but it might be a little better than before with the new DLL. I'm not sure. In any case, a tip for anyone, at least with a Radeon on Win10 -- don't leave AMT on a lower-refresh side monitor! Hehe. ( ;∀; )
    After further testing it seems like the issue is primarily just having my 4K monitor connected. It doesn't affect other games, nor PSO2 without AMT, but for whatever reason having it connected while playing PSO2 with AMT nukes my framerate. Using AMT right now on my main gaming monitor (Samsung CFG70) and getting >100 FPS at all times!

somehow my copy has lost function on camera height control, the view point always stacked above my character's head... any idea?

I've been getting a 404 error page, when trying to download the latest version of the Tool. Anyone else having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    somehow my copy has lost function on camera height control, the view point always stacked above my character's head... any idea?
    Height control in ARKS Mod Tool isn't working for me either, but you can still use the 4-stage camera height control built into the game.

There also seems to be a peculiar bug with the tool after this update that wasn't present last version: when you do an osusume quest, the prize box reward text box flat out doesn't show up now (so you can only see your reward in the chat box). I didn't change anything between this and the last, so I found it a little odd.

Is it me, or are you people trying to use this tool when the latest version of PSO2 is not even working with the tool?

"The only thing necessary for lost data to prevail, is for good men to share nothing."
    Alucard, Internet Bible 03:20:1997