Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm certain this is somewhere but..

I'd like to get some opinions on force/techer (not exactly in that order) builds.

I would definitely say support is what's most important to me, followed by contributing damage but not exactly any one particular element outside of fire/light. Made a decent Magical Piece (plan on using the photon booster POT for compound techs) aaaaannnnd I hope none of those wants contradict each other.

Given that, I don't even know whether I should be maining techer or force once I hit 75/75...

Please go easy on me with my limited knowledge of casting classes. I've been playing for two years now, and I'm finally trying casting classes. And it's actually...fun.

Quote Originally Posted by (Idola) View Post
    I would definitely say support is what's most important to me,
    Main techer.

followed by contributing damage but not exactly any one particular element.
    Get multiple skill trees.

EDIT: I'd like to ask for a bit more clarity as to why Support is the first thing on your mind though. I don't feel like I can help properly without knowing more details.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 4, 2015 at 02:13 PM.

I'd like to get some opinions on force/techer (not exactly in that order) builds.

I would definitely say support is what's most important to me, followed by contributing damage but not exactly any one particular element outside of fire/light. Made a decent Magical Piece (plan on using the photon booster POT for compound techs) aaaaannnnd I hope none of those wants contradict each other.

Given that, I don't even know whether I should be maining techer or force once I hit 75/75...
    Force main for damage, Techer main for support. Magical Piece is not very good because with good equipment and damage you would be building composites almost as quickly (1-2s slower) while doing considerably more damage (Magical Piece is like 30-35% weaker than 13* rods). Stick with ordinary damage oriented weapons instead. Fire and light don't combo with composites very well either since they don't have a composite together. When using composite techs, generally you want to have three elements (1 Force 2 Techer). For this, Fire/Light/Dark would be good, so that you can have the maximum multiplier for Fomelgion while still having light techs available as well.

In case you don't already know, element mastery skills apply to the full damage of a composite tech as long as one of the elements matches. They're otherwise calculated as separate elements, so a 50 fire element weapon only gives a 12.5% modifier to Fomelgion's dark hits with Element Conversion, and fire weak enemies won't get elemental weakness from the dark hits either so no EWH.

I'd really rather not have to buy skill trees if I can help it. So I guess maybe I'm looking for a hybrid build. Any class that isn't braver is sort of just a side hobby kind of thing.

The more I think about it, the more I care about damage first, but I still REALLY want to support my MPA. Too many times I find myself wanting bits of support so I'm not dying, on fire, or lacking extra damage that I could have with shifta. I want to be able to give that to the 11 other players, because I feel like the right MPA could be more effective with the 12th person in that mindset of takin care of the 11, rather than the 12 who are all trying to brute force the quest.

Tl,dr; fire/light offense, but let me be REALLY good at supporting so I can bring the best out of the MPA I get thrown into.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Force main for damage, Techer main for support. Magical Piece is not very good because with good equipment and damage you would be building composites almost as quickly (1-2s slower) while doing considerably more damage (Magical Piece is like 30-35% weaker than 13* rods). Stick with ordinary damage oriented weapons instead. Fire and light don't combo with composites very well either since they don't have a composite together. When using composite techs, generally you want to have three elements (1 Force 2 Techer). For this, Fire/Light/Dark would be good, so that you can have the maximum multiplier for Fomelgion while still having light techs available as well.

In case you don't already know, element mastery skills apply to the full damage of a composite tech as long as one of the elements matches. They're otherwise calculated as separate elements, so a 50 fire element weapon only gives a 12.5% modifier to Fomelgion's dark hits with Element Conversion, and fire weak enemies won't get elemental weakness from the dark hits either so no EWH.
    Thanks for all the info, so what you're saying is that I should fully invest in fire light and dark in the tree? Or am I reading what you're saying wrong? Sorry if so. Also what's a good alternative to magical piece to where I'm not spending tens of millions? Doesn't have to be a wand, would be nice to be able to use it as fo and te though.

EDIT: Can I get a peak at what someone's subpallete looks like?

Going off your reply to Kondibon's post, there's a bit of a choice to be made. Techer main is best for support, but Force main is best for fire techs (Te/Br has superb light tech damage so no issue there). If you go Fo/Te, you'll have a powerful Resta and Super Treatment when restoring SEs, but no Shifta Strike. If you go Te/Br, you'll have Resta/Super Treatment/Shifta Strike, but subpar fire tech damage. Te/Br also has inferior composite tech damage compared to Fo/Te.

If you do go Fo/Te, then yeah fire/light/dark should be good if you're freemium. For weapons that both Force and Techer can use, Evil Staff Nochiuha (Magatsu trade-in) is a good choice and a trade-in weapon so it should be reasonably easy to acquire. Stuff like Bio/Live Rias (rod) and Psycho Wand (from the Zieg trade-in) should be good too.

For subpalette, I use PB/Photon Flare/PP Convert/Shifta/Zondeel/Ilzonde/Zanverse/Resta/Anti/Composite (change it before each quest). The other two palettes are for Te/Br.

Ah... Garuga gave better advice than I ever could for this.

Maggy rod seems like a good choice, thanks.

So, as far as skill trees go, something along these lines for a FO/TE build?

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00doIb0000000j

PLEASE, feel free to modify...XD

Force tree:

-Reduce T-ATK Up 1 from 5 SP to 3 SP. Only need 3 SP to get all the skills you're going to use.
    -Get Flame Tech S Charge. That is the most valuable fire skill you can get and the whole reason classes lacking Force have bad fire techs. Absolutely necessary!
    -Photon Flare After Burst would be a good idea. Ditch an SP in Photon Flare (Advance) in favor of that. It's 100 T-ATK for 30 seconds, pretty good.

Techer tree:

-Like with Force, reduce T-ATK Up 1 from 5 to 3. Only skill that requires 5 SP is Reverser Field, which you aren't using (nor should you).
    -Don't touch Resta Advance. Even without it, with a Brilliant craft, you can heal upwards of 1K per tick of Resta. Resta Advance is also a small increase, you would only heal 1.2K per tick with it maxed if you were getting 1K ticks. 1K is already pretty excessive anyway.
    -Grab Territory Burst. It expands the range of your support techs by 50% and is always active. Vital to support.
    -Optionally, 1+ SP in Territory PP Save for cheaper support techs.
    -Max out PP Convert. Absolutely vital to tech usage for Fo/Te.
    -Max Element Weak Hit. It's a very significant damage bonus.

It's a little difficult to fit everything in on the Techer tree. This is the best compromise I could come up with. Unfortunately, no SP in Shifta Advance at all. I figure you want Deband Cut more, but of course you're free to adjust the build however you want or ignore it entirely. Deband Cut is much more valuable than Deband Advance so try to prioritize Cut over Advance if you have a choice.

If you'd like a greater emphasis on support, Te/Hu (poor tech damage but highest room for support because of that) and Te/Br (excellent tech damage and retains good support ability, but not as much SP to spare for it) are alternatives worth taking a look at.

Thank you thank you thank you! *bookmarked*