Default I'm curious if anyone's tried this...

So, I've thought about a tablet recently, (bare with me here), and I don't want an iPad and I definitely don't want an Android. I'd really like a tablet that actually has a full fledged OS (because I'm buying a tablet for a lot more than just to play pso2es; enter Microsft Surface. (If I'm missing something in the PC world as far as a tablet that runs Windows like Surface does, feel free to make a suggestion there too)

I've been playing ES on my iPhone for some time now, but I know Aida's patch is only really doable through Android. But I had thought the other day (and it's more than likely not an original thought), what if I install pso2es through Bluestacks on the Surface; I'm assuming I can then install Aida's English patch for it.

On paper, this makes sense, and honestly seems asinine that it wouldn't, but I'd also like to ask those of you on here if you've actually tried it and what your experiences are. (Does it run well, etc.) - Even if you haven't tried it; your thoughts on it?

As long as it is not running on Windows RT (Bluestacks doesn't have a Windows RT compatible app from what I know), it should work. I used PSO2es through Bluestacks on a touchscreen Windows 8.1 laptop, and it ran well enough.

Also, there are third-party Windows Tablets, but quite a few of the run Windows RT rather than a full version of Windows 8.1.
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 5, 2015 at 07:43 PM.

Oh, for sure. It'd be a Surface 3, I definitely want Windows 10 and not 8 or any RT version of either. I've heard RT is extremely limited.

Is it true that Bluestacks can be buggy? You're saying it worked well for you though, eh? Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by (Idola) View Post
    Oh, for sure. It'd be a Surface 3, I definitely want Windows 10 and not 8 or any RT version of either. I've heard RT is extremely limited.

Is it true that Bluestacks can be buggy? You're saying it worked well for you though, eh? Thanks for the input.
    Well enough; meaning I could purchase AC with little issue, but playing the actual game part was a bit of a pain sometimes with random slowdown and lag.

i'm using Droid4x allot more stable
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.