Default whats the story behind saint million

is it a gaurdian to the comet or something

By memory, Rupikachu mutates into Saint-Milion/Shambertin because of her d-cells after getting pushed around by evil military leader guy to the comet itself ala Rico becoming Dark Falz and Flowen becoming Olga Flow.

...though this happens at the end of the last story mission (short ominous monologue?) and in the end Rupikachu is completely fine and the military leader guy learned his lesson or something. Unlike Rico and Flowen who have been in their states for a while until the hunters run into them, and are well dead/spirit gets released after their fights. Eh!

Didn't really do much ep. 4 sidequests and this is purely by memory, so could be entirely wrong though.

Lord of the Apocalypse NightHour13's Avatar

So why is she named Saint Million? Millions of legs? Millions of swipey swipe things?! As my brain would like to have it, perhaps (and i'm not sure) she kinda WAS the guardian to the comet since the comet brought along the seed or some other analogue that was D-celled out the wazoo.

So this Leo guy pushes her quite literally to the physical rock that hit the planet, the thing is radiating insanity, and she goes near it and the D-cells which were dormant went berserk and she mutates into a crazy centiworm nightmare!? To protect that Amplam Umbra thing inside the comet from episode III? Is that what she's guarding? (never played thats why i'm not sure, story ahhh!!!)

Well whichever way it happened, she blew it. We can barely say she was a foot note or a bump in the road cause story wise she got her ass kicked almost instantly and didnt do a better job than what forgetfulness did to the main characters(if PSO ever had any). They probably walked away and left the meteor alone so it can infest quietly and undisturbed...Otherwise we wouldn't have a god of darkness manifest itself in the horrible flesh to fight now would we?! Gotta keep the aristocracy from getting bored!!!

To wrap up, it would allow her name to make sense, such as in that she's the saint of the meteor protecting it. Which, again, forgetting the glowing green thing in the dark cavern of nightmares was a far better weapon. And didn't they rehash this very same plot in PSU with the Hive??!!
    PSO Dreamcast, Gamecube and Blue Burst and on: Vizous; Level: Kick your ass

Ah, Saint Million: the name brings back memories that I never had the chance to personally experience.

A long time ago, a very long time ago, before AU3035 and the travel to Ragol, even before the development of Newmans as a species of their own, an individual nicknamed Million roamed the planet. Whatever planet that is, is a secret shrouded in the fact that nobody thought that far into the story to begin with. The individual known as Million was happy with not knowing anything about that, and would spend his days wandering aimlessly through the city, waiting to be programmed as something bigger, better, with more meaning, a purpose, as well as a name.

He never expected he would come out with the title of a Saint.

Million had money. It wasn't a type of currency still used, today, or in the future. His money was a type of cash from the past that allowed him to spoil himself, his loved ones, and eventually, the homeless in the nameless city he lived in, as well.

Of course, back then, the city had a name, but, as with the name of his planet, the city name was lost to the ages, or never thought up in the first place.

Through time and effort, leading industry, and spreading his company creations over the nameless sphere he called home, Million was able to bring in more money than he would ever need in his lifetime. As he aged, he decided to give it all to the people of the city, in order to end homelessness, to create living spaces, and work opportunities for even the most handicapped, or unskilled individuals. It was a blessing in disguise, though, because his gift was so large, that suddenly the population that had previously been homeless became the most wealthy part of the population of his city, and state, due to the tremendous gift Million had imparted to them. It was a gift given in love for his fellow individuals, but it turned into something much more dangerous than he'd ever expected.

Suddenly, the previously homeless populace, which was now incredibly wealthy, turned their back on the rest of the people in the city and state that the gift had spread over. The newly wealthy individuals spread terror throughout the area, beating those established in the working class, in order to smash them down to the previously homeless populace' previous level of being homeless.

The once happy people, whom had previously not cared for those less fortunate, were now in that very position, themselves, and didn't know how to handle the quick transition. Everything was taken from them by those whom had once lived on the streets. They had no idea how to cope, or what to do with their newfound free time. Applying for work was useless, as those whom had been less fortunate had taken those jobs, and refused to hire anyone who hadn't been at their old level of society for a prolonged period of time. Standing on the streets, holding signs with creative messages meant to imbue that they needed money wasn't working well, either, because the previously homeless had done that to death, and knew full well that the people begging for money now probably had more than they did, to begin with. Something had to be done, and Million knew that, since he was the cause of the uproar, the responsibility fell upon him to do it.

Million gathered his millions, and went out into the streets, himself. He was still a leader of industry, and his own companies, which allowed him to work in some manner of secrecy apart from the now rival state. Moving through the streets, he gathered all of the previously regularly employed, previously well fed, peoples, with a specific goal in mind.

Once his new force was strong enough, Million spent the remainder of his millions on creating the first forms of photon weaponry that we, as players of the games, grew accustomed to seeing dropped haphazardly everywhere around Ragol, and beyond. The first weapons were rudimentary, of course, but they were something that the tyrannical forces of the previously unemployed could not fight against.

Banding together all that supported him in his new cause, Million sent the new force to smash against the people he'd helped previously. It was a difficult decision for Million to make, of course, because for years, he'd labored hard in order to give to his fellow people in an effort to bring them off the streets, to get them established, and to help them live a more prosperous life. On the other hand, when bestowed with the tremendous gift of almost unlimited funds, that portion of the populace had grown out of control, hungry for more, more, more, and willing to go to violent lengths to not only establish, but cement their sense of dominance in their new world.

The battle was quick, deadly, and sometimes pointless. In the end, though, Million's new army won the day. Not so much through constant violence, however. The new Photon Weaponry had opened up a newfound industry that would grow, employing people of all denominations, and catering to those less fortunate.

Yes, with Photon Weapons now growing into the norm, industry thrived, the people thrived, and the state went on to find a pleasant happiness in its newfound wealth.

Million died around that time, happy that his final plan had worked as he'd thought out. Though the specific date of his passing may be lost to history, or not giving enough of a care to really look into what date might fit here the best, his nickname lived on. Further, for what he'd done for the citizens of his state, he was given the title of a Saint to go along with his nickname, and Saint Million became a household name for a few years.

But, that's not the end of the story, you see.

After Saint Million passed, he, in his coffin, was launched into orbit so that he could forever watch over the state he'd not only built up, just for it to be destroyed, but then built it up again, so that it could be destroyed a second time, which would give it a chance to rebuild a third time, now that both sides of the working spectrum had seen how the other side lived, or struggled to live.

Saint Million's dead body circled the planet for years, until the planet destroyed entirely in a meteor shower. Saint Million's coffin smacked into a cavern of one of the meteors, and was found by a parasite that lived there. The parasite devoured Saint Million, and became the horrible boss you know, today.

The moral of the story is that you should always be happy to give to those in need, but it might be better to offer opportunities to not only cause that other person a chance to supply for themself, but also offer them, and you, an option to understand one another from a common viewpoint,
    Last edited by trypticon; Dec 14, 2015 at 05:00 PM.

Thumbs up

So photon weaponry was made by a legion of newly homeless...? I also call lies on that you claim they did NOT win the day due to violence, it is clear thats exactly what they did. Now then, on topic, I'd like to add that the whole plot with Rupika looked like it came too little too late! I thought she was mysterious, that is once I got over the fact that the cover characters were actually half-abandoned story place holders. I was almost sure Ash's name was SONIC, hehe kidding, though hey the sue and bernie sub plot was nice. Sometimes I think PSO was truly legendary for its flaws, all including.

Ah, Rupika, I remember that name, as well.

Sometime after being implanted with a microchip that tracked her whereabouts, it was determined that the micro chip was useless, because Bernie still needed some assistance from the Hunter's Guild to find her fallen body in the forest.

While Bernie may have had the Knack, it was obvious that the Knack wasn't a special ability to him, alone, and that what he really needed was the Clue, or the mythic Direction, or possibly the fabled Homing Device that would track the %$^#ing chip she had been implanted with.

Yes, I remember finding her apparently dead, but not really dead, form surrounded by beasts that, while native, certainly had a taste for robot blood (oil?), and were more than hungry for it. Of course, the robot blood (oil) may have been good for their fur coats, for all I know. A few bugs were interested in getting at it, too, and it may have helped either slick or strengthen their exoskeleton.

Moving on, Bernie took Rupika to do Bernie, Knack, things with her, and I never saw her again. Later on, I learned that she had been chowed upon by the wonderful Saint Million, whom had previously aided the homeless of his previous world, and had invented photon weaponry before being changed into a boss of undecided proportions!

Prior to being turned into bug food, Rupika was known to often refer to herself as the "other white meat". Though she was created in a laboratory, herself, there was no disputing that she felt as if she really did belong in the world, without any indication of exactly what world that might have been, in the first place. She was of the Newman race, of course. Considering all of the races were just reaching the planet the first time I met up with her fallen form, I was only slightly surprised that only the Newmans were referred to as New. In truth, we were all new to the new world of Ragol! The classifications may have made more sense as, New Humans, Newmans, New Bots, etc.

But then, the public may have decided against the New term completely basing it on the term New Bots, as it would obviously be transformed into a much uglier term of Newb-ots, because people online were known to be largely negative, trying to attain virtual street cred to their names.

Moving on, I agree with NIghthour13 completely about the flaws of PSO being some of the game strong points. Honestly, the storyline of PSO was deep enough, but also took some tracking down from time to time. It was enough that people who weren't into the game very much would grow bored of it fairly quickly. But, that loose storyline also allowed people to make their own adventures up, their own goals, their own storyline with their own playable characters. And, since it was online for so long in so many different forms, those stories really were able to take on a life of their own.

Like the crap I've been writing in response to this very thread!

Ya know when I got down to Ragol I TOO said that I was a new man, implying, but not directly, that I was finally over my addiction to photon, but not really towards any females, and EVERYONE rolled their eyes and some guy made a remark about my ears and I'm like What?...You mean dow....what? And then there's all this sh#t about ear enlargement pills...Don't even get me started bu..

WAIT!

Ah never mind, you know I'm going to agree with you on this one 'cause the truth is I play these games like some sort of sicko who digs ultra deep into this type of game thinking there's a story somewhere just really hard to find, but the reality is there's only echos. At least some of them are mine...

Edit: Er, on topic, Indeed she was a type of guardian although was it to Amplam Umbra or whatever, or was it to something else that could've messed sh@ up? Such as an early showing of the SEED, or..