Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 won't Launch.

I had put a Thread like this one in the wrong place. Trying again here.

I've tried pretty much everything, ranging to Re-Installing and onwards with the Files. But no matter what i do with a Vanilla JP and then English Translating it with the Patch, Large File and Story. It won't launch.

Refuses my life out to start up. There's SOMETHING i've missed, perhaps. But i can't fathom what. Some light on this issue would help.

Yes, i have the latest Patches. They're all Latest, and Tweaker says Compatible, Latest and currently installed, over Vanilla JP Files. There is no Symbol of PSO2 neither.

I don't know what to do...i'd be very thankful if someone could shed light on this matter. Thank you.
    You'll find me in Ship 10. Accidently not joining Ship 2, for reasons of personal information.

Name: Xenkath/Xeinkath

I have the similar issue, try launching it from Tweaker.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

I've tried that always, and launching it from the Original Launcher. More times i can count.

I think i've found the issue why it won't run or say any errors...

I don't EVEN HAVE a Gameguard Folder. I don't know whats up with that, but i think Tweaker removed it completely, and even "Fixing" it doesn't help. In fact, i created a Folder named "Gameguard" and after i hit the "Fix Gameguard"...it removed it.

What. The. Fu-.

This must be some kind of sick joke, to prevent me from playing? Right now, i'd lower myself to ask for "Anyone got a spare Gameguard Folder for me?". Cause everything else i have, is prepared and ready, and i'll make a Backup Copy of that Folder, put it safely. And repeat this sentence of avoiding this Gameguard Folder Removal, until it never gets removed anymore by Tweaker, for whatever reason it does that.

I'm hitting bed now. Please leave messages and ideas how to fix this and perhaps get me a GameGuard Perma Fix. I get the GameGuard.des file. But the Folder and such is all but gone.

Before i hit bed, i'll give you guys a run down about my Settings of my Programs that COULD cause GameGuard some issues.

All my Firewalls, Speed Boosters and everything else that should interfere, is turned off and with Exception Listed for PSO2, even the Tweaker. THIS SHOULD NOT INTERFERE! So do not come with Simplicity, cause that "Fix GameGuard" button is so broken, that even not a Godly Smith can repair that abomination.

Thanks, and hope you can help me in my troubled times.
    Last edited by Raitter; Mar 6, 2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: ...uhh...?
    You'll find me in Ship 10. Accidently not joining Ship 2, for reasons of personal information.

Yes. I do.

I don't understand why this happens, the Tweaker gives me the GameGuard.des, so far. Thats about it.

So i guess Fixing the Original Launcher with the Original Fixer from the Launcher?

Did the Vanilla PSO2 Main Launcher Fix. Tried launching, after checking everything else is fine. Nothing happened, same issue.

AIDA. I've added Skype Status, in case you'd want to aid me via Skype. Much more fluent then.
    Last edited by Raitter; Mar 7, 2014 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Urgh...

I'm Double Posting, yeah.

But you know what...nobody has come to try and help me. -sighs-

Okay.

Just a update on the news about this.

Currently Re-Installing Vanilla PSO2 JP through Tweaker, see if it helps better. Then Redo the entire process.

Nothing has worked so far. Got a reason to stay away from Skype, for now. Using this Thread currently.

So i Vanilla Installed, Re-Installed and etc. But! Guess what worse came crawling to me life? Yeah...the fu-ing Permission thingie, with the Updater now. So now, i gotta EVERYTIME make a "User" and "Administrator" Permission temporarly, everytime i open the Launcher. As if nothing else was worse, which this interferes EVERYTIME i launch it through the PSO2 Launcher itself, not letting me Launch it the Regular Way. Only through Tweaker, i can avoid its Reset to Permission Lock.

You know...sometimes. I wonder if i'm destined to not touch my account back at PSO2? And sometimes, even strongly many says this...i want a friggen EU/US/NA and etc Client. The game is CLEARLY ready to be released. Yet...here, i sit. Complaining and wanting to get in, but the complicated issues of Translation and Permission stupidity blocks me from doing so.

I'm gonna go crazy at this rate...
    Last edited by Raitter; Mar 9, 2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Bleh.

I'm actually in the same boat as OP (or at least was). After a year long break I wanted to play PSO2 again, but the game doesn't seem to launch. Typically the GameGuard splash/patcher would pop up on my screen after clicking the game start button, but nothing happens and PSO2 doesn't start up.

I've tried reinstalling PSO2 through their site, but every time I install PSO2 there seems to be no GameGuard folder in my PSO2 directory. This is before and after using the Tweaker; there's GameGuard.des but not the folder itself. I'm currently downloading the English installer from Arks Layer, but has anyone found a fix for this?

Fun fact, Shin.

I installed the game through the Arks Layer itself, so my Permission Lock didn't happen that way. HOWEVER! The same issue still regards about this GameGuard or whatever sort of problem blocks you and me, and perhaps other people from starting the game up and playing it.

This needs a real fix and a Thread Update on the list of AIDAs Fixes, so future people can read it without having to make threads about this. That way, we do not need to worry about these problems appearing now and then.

I might just go and Uninstall the entire game, then re-download it through Arks Layer, update all the Vanilla PSO2 files. Then wait for AIDA to come up with a solution to this, cause i can't for sure. My mind is already at a explosion chance.

I've Uninstalled, Re-Downloaded and Re-Installed the Game, with the English Installer. This caused no more Permission Locks, but the game still doesn't appear, or give me any errors whatsoever. Still at the same square i was in, without any help or aid about this matter, and still trying my best to resolve this issue with various new methods and repetition.
    Last edited by Raitter; Mar 10, 2014 at 07:49 AM.

A quick update: using the English installer did work for me. I forgot to mention that I'm running on a Windows 7 computer (64-bit). I also tried using the same installer on my laptop (Windows and it seemed to run without any problems. The GameGuard folder appeared for both computers after installation.

Sorry Raitter, I didn't have the permission lock issues you had so I can't really help. Hopefully someone will come help later.

Well.

Windows 7, 64 Bit too.

No GameGuard Folder appears. Tweaker removes it anyways...

I used the English Installer myself, and the GameGuard Fix from Tweaker removes the Folder initially on purpose.

-sighs- I should just lay down and give up...