Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up character build, PLEASE help

So I apparently have to make another thread since mods found it necessary to lock the thread before I could get back from work and respond. Not angry or anything just making sure everyone knows.

I made the "What?" thread and I got some eye opening responses as well as some good laughs off of some not so nice fellows.

Firstly I want to say that it wasn't my intention to say "I want to be able to drag down EQs while playing my shitty build". Although I could understand where you thought I was saying that. All I meant was that people will mostly kick me or give me a huge hassle about not being up to their level but yet won't help me achieve what they desire.

Someone commented about not excepting criticism but to be honest I've never seen a PSO player EVER try to give legit criticism it's always just "Build like this" "pull your own weight". I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS. I don't understand this games mechanics fully so I don't understand what I have to do to pull my weight. How can I pull my weight with my character?
    You are clearly telling me that my character isn't good enough but then refuse to tell me what I need to do to improve.

I don't play MMOs like at all. Phantasy Star is pretty much the only one I've gotten into and it just feels awful to feel so disliked in the community. "like a plague" to quote my older post.

I don't understand your terms, I don't understand proper ways to build characters, PLEASE help.
    But no. It's always just "git gud". I've searched these forums for help. I've googled for help. But I can't find the exact piece of info I'm looking for to have this make sense in my head. I've always been someone who had a weird way of learning. Like how most build puzzles starting from border and working towards the center I've always found puzzles easier starting from the center. Weirdly enough.

Anyways at this point I've lost all lot of hope of enjoying this game. Playing alone is so boring and I can't join others since I just get shit on followed immediately by getting kicked.

I'm honestly probably a lost cause. Maybe MMOs just aren't my thing. I can grasp JRPGs just fine. I can understand the deep gameplay mechanics of the Tales Series (for example) without a problem but PSO2 is just getting away from me.
    Last edited by KiroMatic; Oct 25, 2015 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KiroMatic View Post
    So I apparently have to make another thread since mods found it necessary to lock the thread before I could get back from work and respond. Not angry or anything just making sure everyone knows.

I made the "What?" thread and I got some eye opening responses as well as some good laughs off of some not so nice fellows.

Firstly I want to say that it wasn't my intention to say "I want to be able to drag down EQs while playing my shitty build". Although I could understand where you thought I was saying that. All I meant was that people will mostly kick me or give me a huge hassle about not being up to their level but yet won't help me achieve what they desire.

Someone commented about not excepting criticism but to be honest I've never seen a PSO player EVER try to give legit criticism it's always just "Build like this" "pull your own weight". I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS. I don't understand this games mechanics fully so I don't understand what I have to do to pull my weight. How can I pull my weight with my character?
    You are clearly telling me that my character isn't good enough but then refuse to tell me what I need to do to improve.

I don't play MMOs like at all. Phantasy Star is pretty much the only one I've gotten into and it just feels awful to feel so disliked in the community. "like a plague" to quote my older post.

I don't understand your terms, I don't understand proper ways to build characters, PLEASE help.
    But no. It's always just "git gud". I've searched these forums for help. I've googled for help. But I can't find the exact piece of info I'm looking for to have this make sense in my head. I've always been someone who had a weird way of learning. Like how most build puzzles starting from border and working towards the center I've always found puzzles easier starting from the center. Weirdly enough.

Anyways at this point I've lost all lot of hope of enjoying this game. Playing alone is so boring and I can't join others since I just get shit on followed immediately by getting kicked.

I'm honestly probably a lost cause. Maybe MMOs just aren't my thing. I can grasp JRPGs just fine. I can understand the deep gameplay mechanics of the Tales Series (for example) without a problem but PSO2 is just getting away from me.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

There is literally an entire forum section devoted to helping you understand this crap. If you don't understand, than I frankly don't believe you've even tried to look.

Play what you want within reason. There's a good number of class setups that are viable for decent play so its not as if you don't have choices. But there are some setups that are abysmal at actually doing anything helpful for the mpa from lack of damage output and I would avoid these.

^ use that section as shadow mentioned.

When it comes to play style as "fun" w/e it is you enjoy playing there's always those that will oppose mostly efficiency > fun so it's better to stick to asking in the quick questions thread rather than making a thread posted in the wrong section.
    Jack - Ship 2 - Killer Panda

This is PSOW in a nutshell

There was one good point brought up in the last thread - a good deal of the 'play for fun' vs 'everyone must be 1337' debate does come from game design issues. But then, the game was designed to be casual, so that's probably why it is the way it is. I'd love more 4p stuff, and more synergy between classes within games, but here we are.

It is a bit annoying in some senses- I mean, my main two characters are well-geared and powerful, but the way some of these public MPAs go out of the way to play is not how I want to play. Take the Halloween quest- I just want to run some laps. Eeeeveryone else seems keen on keeping to their top corner to spawn as many Gryphons as they can. To me, that's boring and pointless.

The solution is to make a bunch of friends and set up your own MPA. Unfortunately as we all know by now, that's much easier said than done, but that's the situation sadly enough. If you're not in a team already, it might be worth having a scout around to see if you can find one who plays the same sort of way you do.
    Last edited by Hysteria1987; Oct 25, 2015 at 03:38 AM.

wow these thread again, keep up the good work OP.

Did I miss something, or OP has already...asked for help here previously and got shot down? I'm not seeing anything specific other than 'well I apparently suck pls halp'.

@hysteria (too lazy to quote the specific spot)
    well tbh run in circle quests are doomed to be boring from the start just due to the fact its a run in the circle so really in a quest that is run in a circle the only incentive really is to just farm for rares (ultimate included)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230573

Currently at the top of that forum section.

Look a little harder in that section and you'll find class guides.

If that's still not enough, make a thread, and ask how to improve on your chosen way to play.

We're a salty bunch because there's guides, and threads devoted to answering people, and helping them, but people don't use them (this triggers me so hard when it comes to the amount of english players that fking suck at TD3, and magatsu)/get defensive when called out on their ignorance when we're more than willing to force feed people the information.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 25, 2015 at 04:51 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I understand that these threads exist but like when i read them I just get that feeling of like..."there has to be something I'm missing" and I think I get this feeling because everyone makes it sound like there is such a huge skill gap between players that I feel like there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that this is all there is to it. It couldn't possibly be that simple.

I don't really see how that's relevant. Get your basics straight and the rest is mainly a question of paying attention and learning from experience.

Because if people are kicking you after pretty much taking one look at you like you say, your fundamentals must be in pretty lousy shape indeed. Are you trying to do Mining Bases with like, idk, Bo/Ra with ungrinded random 4* gear or smth?