Page 271 of 273 FirstFirst ... 171221261268269270271272273 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponslash View Post
    So is glass pet with its genius pot basically a glass burst spam machine at best against bosses?
    And its better to keep redran around for general mobbing content due to 8 target laser?
    its a boss pet as intended but yes, keep Redran around for mixed uses

EDIT: in case some of are wondering, there is no Lv130 Title for getting Grass maxed out. So you can just hatch the egg and be done with it if you really wanted to. I also don't remember if there are Lv130 titles for the other pets already since I haven't looked at them in a long time
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 16, 2020 at 07:53 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

redran laser only shoot 3 lasers if locked on single target ?

So how exactly do we get through the higher floors of DQs, particularly the bosses? My pets get shredded on steps 25 and 30. I can usually get through step 20 with little trouble but my Rappy and especially my Synchro don't live more than a few hits. I end up running solo if that matters.

For that matter, everything on UH hits so hard that our pets really don't live very long.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

I feel like some are ignoring some things about Grass.

Of course, Redran is great and is more powerful in "specific situations".

Rock:
    - Raises damage by +2% for each enemy killed by Redran; capped at +50% (or 150% damage total). Resets on swapping pets or fainting.
    - Raises damage depending on number of enemies near the Redran (106% for 1-4 enemies, 112% for 5 enemies and above)

Honestly, his second part is generally ignored as you want to kill things off. Thus it is treated as a simple +6% damage in most situations.
    Also note that the first part of his personality trait falls off if Redran faints or switches out.
    This makes him amazing in long missions that you stick with him, but without being able to kill enough things, he won't be getting much boost.

On the other hand, Grass/Glass is specifically for bossing.

Genius:
    - +20 damage (or 120% total damage) against bosses and increased attack PP regeneration by +30% against bosses.

Yes, it doesn't give as large of a potential boost as Redran, but you can swap your pets. If she faints, you don't lose your buff like with Redran.
    As well as PP generation on top of that unconditional boss buff.
    Of course, against normal mobs, she sadly falls flat on her face as far as buffs from her personality goes.

---------

Of course it would be best to just have both so you can handle either situation......

You can also raise Grass with the Rock personality as well, but Redran handles it a bit better with it's more mobbing focused versions of the PA's. This also defeats the purpose of Grass' unique personality, which Redran doesn't even have the choice of using.
    Last edited by blackkat; Jul 6, 2020 at 09:53 PM.

Since currenly most people are geared towards crit % stacking due to phantom sub (no idea if luster sub will shake things up) will most pets end up wanting to go with exquisite+super deadly parfaits?
    For better or worse crit damage is not hard to achieve/activate and works constantly and everywhere unlike some other parfaits that have specific conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponslash View Post
    Since currenly most people are geared towards crit % stacking due to phantom sub (no idea if luster sub will shake things up) will most pets end up wanting to go with exquisite+super deadly parfaits?
    For better or worse crit damage is not hard to achieve/activate and works constantly and everywhere unlike some other parfaits that have specific conditions
    Crit is important for pets in general because they have a larger damage variance than weapons do, so most Su builds build for Crit anyway, and I don't see Lu changing that. They're both good choices though, if you have them.

So it's worth mentioning that the Ayer takt is just a straight upgrade from Orb if you like Orb. And if you don't need the crit from liberate, then it's going to be better than that too. Cras is still up in the air since I don't have one, and the way the pot works isn't ideal, but an Ayer is definitely worth the pickup for the pp efficiency it gives.

Unrelated question though, does anyone have some good suggestions for an L ring other than near auto target. I don't always use it, but I don't really know what I want in the slot when I'm not. I have Atomizer Lovers, Mag Excite, and Defense Tech on my units already. Jumping dodge doesn't feel all that useful for Su, and I don't really have the sub palette space for it anyway. Party of Toughness I considered, since boss eqs are usually when I take auto target off, but I don't think it applies to pets. I don't draw aggro often enough to have a use for stealth attack, and even if I did, I don't think it would matter unless I feel like throwing melon. That basically just leaves reversal blast, which I think I'd barely get to make use of either.
    I know it sounds like I'm just vetoing all of them, but I guess I'm mainly curious if people have gotten any use out of them that I hadn't considered.

Blegh, no numbers for Vulcan's personality. It says it reduced the damage it takes, and boosts crit damage, but lowers crit rate. I REALLY need to know the numbers to decide if this is worth using over Synchro's normal 14* personality...

EDIT: I haven't been keeping up with Pietro's CO's so I don't have the critical candy sticks to bump Vulcan's crit up more, but so far, the personality seems worth it for the damage reduction alone. I still need to get more crit rate candies to see how I feel about it after that though.

As far as using it, I like it. It's slower, tankier synchro, which is what I expected, but honestly, I think it's the tankiest pet period. It has almost as much defense as Melon, almost as much hp as Maron, and damage reduction on top of that. Because it's so slow it's not as effective against enemies that move around a lot, but I think it'll be good for stuff like Divide Quest bosses and the like, where so much damage is coming out that most other pets just fall over immediately anyway. I haven't tried it in high level divide quests yet though.
    The PAs seem interesting, in that the combo versions of the multi hit PAs are VERY back loaded. But because you can cancel them and the damage doesn't seem that bad on the first halfs, it might actually be better in some situations to just combo as fast as you can to do Geki, instead of trying to get out the full PAs constantly. At least for punch and kick. Once someone gets the numbers for the PAs, I think it might be more clear.

PP efficiency is a non-issue too. Even if I spam PAs instead of doing the full animations it takes way longer to run out compared to synchro. Especially with an Ayer takt.

Also it's surprisingly decent at mobbing. I still think Jinga is better for specifically mobbing, but I found myself just staying on Vulcan if mobs were around between bosses instead of needing to switch like you do with synchro.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 14, 2020 at 06:26 AM.

Kinda have same thoughts regarding aggressive vulcan after trying it with full crit rate+crit damage (exq deadly+super deadly+3 crit sticks+2 support rolls+usual pancakes,cookies because i have no idea whats the crit loss from the personality) sweets set up.
    Also unless i am doing something wrong vulkans geki taking so long to build up plus the forced combo drop after you land a geki makes the damn thing so unsatisfying to use compared to chain machinegun synchron.

While i enjoy its tankiness i dont really find it particularly endearing when stuff like steadfast roll+alter ego+the incoming resta sympathy from rykros is enough for making weak pets like synchron survive during their duration to dump their damage like in phase 2 true pd

Need to use it against stuff like vrita/mitra/humanoid shiva/elga 350+ floor but i fear its slowness will only get in the way
    Last edited by Weaponslash; Oct 15, 2020 at 02:30 PM.

Vulcan's personality reduces damage taken by 70%, increases Critical Hit damage by 16% and lowers Critical Hit Rate by 50%. It's a slower, but much more PP efficient Synchro. Also, there is no forced combo drop after the Geki - you're probably having a timing issue with it.

With AE/Ryucross up on Synchro, I can do 11M on VR Rockbear and can get 9.5M with Vulcan under the same setup.

I see utility for it for longer fights (e.g. when Steadfast is on cooldown during Sodam) and for just being a solid tank for solo stuff.