Page 249 of 273 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2726

Sorry to ask, but have pet raising priorities changed for growing summoners with the recent changes?
    Who should I hand all my EXP/Bonus eggs to first, and is there anything I need to know about bonus eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Sorry to ask, but have pet raising priorities changed for growing summoners with the recent changes?
    Who should I hand all my EXP/Bonus eggs to first, and is there anything I need to know about bonus eggs?
    Synchro is worth more than I think people originally gave it credit for, but otherwise, not really. That said I actually recommend trying to focus on getting the pets you use often to 100 before trying to cap one. around 100 is where they start getting pretty good, and takes considerably less time to reach than the last 20-30 levels. 5 level 100 marons will be better than one level 120 maron and a bunch of level 50 marons.

There's nothing special about bonus eggs, they're the same as normal eggs for synthesis, they just can't be hatched into pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Synchro is worth more than I think people originally gave it credit for, but otherwise, not really. That said I actually recommend trying to focus on getting the pets you use often to 100 before trying to cap one. around 100 is where they start getting pretty good, and takes considerably less time to reach than the last 20-30 levels. 5 level 100 marons will be better than one level 120 maron and a bunch of level 50 marons.

There's nothing special about bonus eggs, they're the same as normal eggs for synthesis, they just can't be hatched into pets.
    Oh cool. I guess I'll just pick one at a time to bring to cap out of a hat. All my pets are 100 (except I only have one maron raised to lvl100), or maybe i should raise another maron or two to 100 first? How many marons are recommended now?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Aug 11, 2018 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Oh cool. I guess I'll just pick one at a time to bring to cap out of a hat. All my pets are 100 (except I only have one maron raised to lvl100), or maybe i should raise another maron or two to 100 first? How many marons are recommended now?
    It might depend on how much you plan on playing SU. Maron is still good, but because it takes so long to set up, it's better in situations where you're alone and have a lot of pressure on you like solo endless and the solo XQs. If you're trying to use it as a primary source of damage then you'll likely want at least 5, maybe 6, though you can get away with 3 or 4 if you use stability rolls instead of bravado rolls. If you're just leveling Su to level it, or mainly doing group EQs you probably only need 1.

Now that I'm awake though, I can tell you pets to NOT focus on. They would be Melon, Viola, Rappy, and probably redran. As much as I like Melon and Viola they're both meant for tanking and other pets can out damage them pretty easily (though Viola is still relatively strong). Rappy is decent but doesn't have a niche it excels at other than healing people who think face tanking Diabo's enrage attacks is a good idea. Redran is good, but has durability problems and is mainly for sweeping up weak trash mobs, or aiming at a single hitbox that moves around a lot (I'm looking at you golems...).

Ultimately I think Synchro, Maron, and Aero or Torim would be best to start with, in whichever order you feel like.

EDIT: Actually, while I'm here I kinda want to elaborate on Melon. Outside of things like boosted EQ nukes, and solo XQ, Melon is fucking invincible. Some quick math puts its level 120 defense with two support rolls and deband active at 4561! Combine that with the hp recovery personality (the other one is too hard to take advantage of the way Maron does), and pretty much nothing can kill it. Now that it doesn't auto pop 15 seconds after taking 2 hits, you can actually take advantage of its durability without risking your self, and if you have a way to not get staggered or knocked down (Alter Ego harmony for example), Maron Strike is basically free to spam without worrying about the risk of accidentally popping or breaking the throw chain.

I had this going on for a good 10 or so minutes straight, and even stopped paying attention to reorganize candies on my other pets because I was SAFER with alter ego on. That's 3 Diabos, a Decol, and a salamander all wailing on my Melon and doing squat. In pretty much any situation where I know I'm not going to be able to reliably get a full Maron charge, but I still want to be able to switch to a pet that can block easily, or die for synchro, I bring a Melon instead.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 12, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

Lately I have seen very few who use Redran and was trying but the truth that I could not use it correctly because I felt that the PP was insufficient, after a few days of tests I came to the conclusion that Redran works BEST with his basic attacks like Quelle Neigea and also that piercing objectives:

EDIT: Unrelated, but anyone who's using the Auto Target ring, consider taking it off if you use melee pets. The ring forces them to start their attack combo over again every few seconds, and for most of them, especially Synchro, the last hit is the strongest. The ring kinda lost its primary usefulness when they increased the pet attack range, since it was mainly good for keeping your pet attacking even if an enemy went out of range for a while. Now the range is as far as you can target, so that's not as important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    Lately I have seen very few who use Redran and was trying but the truth that I could not use it correctly because I felt that the PP was insufficient, after a few days of tests I came to the conclusion that Redran works BEST with his basic attacks like Quelle Neigea and also that piercing objectives:
    I don't know if I brought it up on PSO-W specifically, but I've always been a proponent of using a normal attack build Redran. Especially if you're able to take advantage of its Rowdy personality. I have one that's Rowdy, with a spirited parfait, and a steady parfait. It easily does over 100k with normals on most weakpoints, and even more on darker cores.
    That said, its PAs are still stronger than normal attacking, having strong normal attacks simply gives it a way to deal with small single targets that aren't worth using PAs on.

The lack of pp recovery is really only a problem if you're trying to maintain Rowdy. It can be counteracted by simply switching to another pet like Cery/Popple, or Viola if you're using it purely in a boss fight.

EDIT: Oh, also, for the specific strategy you're using with zanverse, you don't need to keep spamming it like that, it might be better to force redran to attack faster for a few hits before casting it again, especially if you eventually get a Rykros.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 17, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

Speaking of normal attacks, I can't wait for super spirited parfait so that we can use them together with regular spirited parfait.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Speaking of normal attacks, I can't wait for super spirited parfait so that we can use them together with regular spirited parfait.
    Even if it ends up only being 3% stronger or whatever, being able to stack them would still be huge. Combine that with 14* Redran whenever that happens and things are going to get extra stupid. I can't wait.

how do i optimize Rappy? i love this pet and want to put the best candies i can for it

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    how do i optimize Rappy? i love this pet and want to put the best candies i can for it
    It would depend on how you use it. If you're using it for bossing then I would just go with megaton and super megaton. You could also change the regular megaton for a super daredevil, or even double up on them (that might make the pp management a bit messy though).

If you're using it for mobbing or both then Super Complete and a parfait Noisy parfait if you can get it. Alternatively Daredevils are still an option. You could also try a spirited parfait since Rappy has good normal attack damage, but I wouldn't really consider that the best option. I think Rappy is probably at its best against bosses though, it's more like a hybrid between Torim and Viola in terms of usage.

For Rolls, it has good defense to take advantage of Conversion Rolls, so if you just want more damage, that's the go too. If you feel like it's still dying too easily you could try Steadfast rolls or Support Rolls for general survivability. If bosses specifically are causing survivability problems, then Bravado Rolls work. In fact any roll that isn't a heal, invincibility roll, or barrier roll should work well depending on what your preference is.