Page 259 of 273 FirstFirst ... 159209249256257258259260261262269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    14* Rappy egg is a UH drop. Releases May 15th
    hell ya looking forward to this, please let Rappy S be black, I want Evil Rappy as a pet but if they make it white and are sorta making a nod toward El Rappies in Ep 1/2 i'm okay with that too
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    hell ya looking forward to this, please let Rappy S be black, I want Evil Rappy as a pet but if they make it white and are sorta making a nod toward El Rappies in Ep 1/2 i'm okay with that too
    Can't wait to grind my hands to dust going for that 14* pet. And now we have only 15*s to look forward to after this. Hopefully.

Thoughts on Lightstream Takt? It seems a little sketchy, is it worth getting/using if you main summoner? I feel like pets that use Rykros (Synchro) will stick with that but anything else can benefit from this?

How are you people finding ph sub so far?
    i am running over 200pp with it so far in order to at least max the damage bonus part of photon stream and i generally like the small stuff like sprint tech/phantom pp restorate
    i have not bothered to recandy the pets for crit % but think it surpasses/matches the usual fi sub or still too early to tell?

The sub is quite nice but apparently Tech Short charge currently reduces Rykros Staff's Megid bullets so i'd hold off from playing it till we know whenever this is intended or a oversight.

What makes Phantom a good sub? It seems to just have less damage than Fighter while also having a PP and crit requirement just to try to catch up.

All Atk Bonus (35%)
    Photon Stream (10%)
    Critical Stream (3%/5% if you crit)

All of this only barely meets Brave Stance, while Fighter still has all the other ATK boosts and such. It seems to me it would just be a difference of a couple % at best if you actually meet the stat requirements for it, which probably means giving up some ATK one way or another, while also still losing ATK from not being Fighter.

Only real thing I see is some QoL tech stuff (while currently hurting Rykros) and some PP generation at the cost of damage.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by Crevox; Apr 27, 2019 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    What makes Phantom a good sub? It seems to just have less damage than Fighter while also having a PP and crit requirement just to try to catch up.

All Atk Bonus (35%)
    Photon Stream (10%)
    Critical Stream (3%/5% if you crit)

All of this only barely meets Brave Stance, while Fighter still has all the other ATK boosts and such. It seems to me it would just be a difference of a couple % at best if you actually meet the stat requirements for it, which probably means giving up some ATK one way or another, while also still losing ATK from not being Fighter.

Only real thing I see is some QoL tech stuff (while currently hurting Rykros) and some PP generation at the cost of damage.

What am I missing?
    SuPh can realistically hit 300+ PP, giving it access to 65% base crit. The remaining 35% is easily made up via ring and whatever other means you wish. WIth the excess PP and boosted PP regen (via Phantom PP Restorate and optionally Pet PP Restorate) you can Synchro hard for extended periods of time and regen faster giving you an average increase in sustained DPS. With this, you can also close the gap a little bit with crit ring since SuFi cant use it. The multipliers dont really speak the whole story, but considering SuPh can still break 140k+ DPS on Persona, it's still good enough to be considered a valid build.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    SuPh can realistically hit 300+ PP giving it access to 65% base crit
    Getting 300 PP requires pulling stats from elsewhere, such as less investment into HP or ATK on units. If it was doable without a cost then everyone would be doing it, PH or not.

Furthermore, I believe it's still the case that crits simply hit for the max of your damage range, no? Of course crit multipliers help with this, and Phantom has one, but it's not a significant damage increase unless I'm misunderstanding the tooltip of the passive. You just get 3% more damage when you actually do crit. This just helps make up for Fighter's missing damage after investing a ton into PP and crit.

I don't even think investing into crit is worthwhile at that point if it's just a 3% damage boost. With a 65% base crit chance you're looking at a 1.95% power increase on average, and putting in multiple bonuses to crit chance from other things just to get 1% more power seems sketchy.

The remaining 35% is easily made up via ring and whatever other means you wish.
    This is giving up more damage or even just a PP Convert ring, which:

WIth the excess PP and boosted PP regen (via Phantom PP Restorate and optionally Pet PP Restorate) you can Synchro hard for extended periods of time and regen faster giving you an average increase in sustained DPS.
    All it would do is help the downtime between Synchro rotations, because you'll get none of that PP during one. I don't think Summoner is hurting for PP restoration with things like Popple restoring all your PP extremely quickly, or just using standard orbit weapon strats (spirited response etc). If you really cared, PP convert ring exists and multiple takts that help with PP. At best it would save the time of like... one Popple auto attack or something, presuming you have actual NONSTOP DPS time, then yeah, it might save you ~1 second or something.

With this, you can also close the gap a little bit with crit ring since SuFi cant use it. The multipliers dont really speak the whole story, but considering SuPh can still break 140k+ DPS on Persona, it's still good enough to be considered a valid build.
    It's not even just multipliers, since you miss a minimum of ~200 SATK from just passive skills, and then even more when you meet the conditions in the bottom of the Fighter skill tree (and multipliers). I would imagine those flat ATK bonuses are more important on Summoner than other classes too because of a lack of a weapon to get the ATK normally.

I appreciate your response, but yeah, it really just seems like Ph is a sub that requires way more investment for.... nothing. You just do less damage. You get a little more PP (through regen/restoration/forced investment), but you already have so many options for PP as is that make you lose less damage than changing your entire sub class and putting multiple stat restrictions on yourself. It's certainly viable and works, it's the difference of a couple hundred ATK and a small % of power in the end, but I don't think it's better or even equal.
    Last edited by Crevox; Apr 28, 2019 at 01:16 AM.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read in some guides that pets damage variation is actually bigger than the regular 90% min damage most weapons have. They mentioned that doing critical build as summoner was actually viable because of this. If thats true, then the high critical rate and actual crit damage from phantom sub is a very big deal.

actual crit damage
    Isn't this just "power when you crit?" It wouldn't be any more synergy with SU than anything else.

pets damage variation is actually bigger than the regular 90% min damage most weapons have.
    If this is true it matters more, but I wouldn't say a "very big deal", especially since Fi already offers crit, and Su has options for crit as is (such as rolls).