Page 200 of 273 FirstFirst ... 100150190197198199200201202203210250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Mother has a hp cap just like double and PD, though. Maron is just incredibly broken.
    Coordinated MPA is broken.

Mother's phrase, unlike double/PD, can be totally skipped with tons of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Honestly, chain is a liability in general, and I wish they'd nerf the damage multiplier and just make it easier to maintain and use consistently. Shorter cool down, no hitbox limitation for example.
    Honestly, chain is alright to me, I like the idea of a skill that needs some finesse to use properly, but rewards you with big damage when you manage to do just that.
    The problem is really just marron really. before SU was a thing, we had many burst damage combos like FO/GU and BR/GU. Have you ever seen any of these class do stuff like that ? No and for a simple reason, none of their tool are as broken as Marron.

Just for people to realize, Ilbarta lv 17 max craft has a power notation of 5400 and is still one of the strongest single-hit burst PA/tech in the game but requires you to expend most/all of your PP and can be screwed if you ever fail to maintain the sigil.
    Now if you look at Marron, lv 2 power notation is at 17850 and lv 3 at 25500, for a pet that just requires you to have enough of them to make them rotate and something that will hit you enough for you to build charge (marron shield not only build charges but allows his user to be much safer in general). You can clearly tell something's very wrong with investment/reward when something can deal that much damage while shielding you, has such an HP pool that it's nearly unkillable unless you really fail at some point, and doesn't even come with a remotely handicapping limitation that would restrict its use (even trim spiral, as strong as it is, comes with enough limitations to make the PA relatively fair)

Don't get me wrong, I like Marron and Melon, but if you try to look at it objectively, changing chain wouldn't solve SU/GU's over-the-top damage, since because of Marron, it would still be incredibly strong compared ot other /GU combos. So you have to look at the pillow itself xD
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Mar 1, 2017 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Honestly, chain is alright to me, I like the idea of a skill that needs some finesse to use properly, but rewards you with big damage when you manage to do just that.
    I don't mind it being bursty, I just think the potential is too high. The stuff I said was just ideas. But as it is right now I don't like the way Chain scales. If the hit count bonus was capped lower I'd be fine with it..
    No and for a simple reason, none of their tool are as broken as Marron.
    I never said Maron isn't a problem. Maron is way too easy to burst with too, especially since you can have more than one. It feels like it should have a cool down, and I imagine the KO time on Maron is that cool down, but having more than one just kinda spits in the face of that.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Marron and Melon, but if you try to look at it objectively, changing chain wouldn't solve SU/GU's over-the-top damage, since because of Marron, it would still be incredibly strong compared ot other /GU combos. So you have to look at the pillow itself xD
    This isn't just about how strong Su/Gu is, it's about how strong Gu is for burst in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    This isn't just about how strong Su/Gu is, it's about how strong Gu is for burst in general.
    To be fair though, a vast majority of the classes that use /GU may gain very strong burst damage, but at the same time, they lose an incredible amount of damage from the absence of good multipliers in GU tree for said classes. The damage loss most of the time, actually completely offsets the burst you get from chain, hence why SU/GU aside, chain class combos have been steadily falling out of favor outside of organized mpa situations.

I wouldn't mind a chain change, but it would mean giving GU, both main and sub, more reliable damage outside of chain (and incidentally give even more power to SU/GU), which honestly would require a lot of fine-tuning, and I don't trust SEGA with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    Coordinated MPA is broken.

Mother's phrase, unlike double/PD, can be totally skipped with tons of damage.
    PD can also be skipped actually, Double is the only one where damage is ignored after a certain point.

For PD, you can go straight from Phase 1 all the way to Persona with enough damage, then kill it shortly afterwards.

I'm for chain trigger being Gu mainclass/TMG only at this point.

It might not have been intended, but playing fking Br/Gu was a bannable offense for a while.
    Now this mess with chain + maron.

/Gu is bound to break SOMETHING.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

allows his user to be much safer in general ... it's nearly unkillable unless you really fail at some point
    Not entirely, no. The guarding orientation still applies. If stuffs end up hitting you from the side/the back, you're still getting hit/knocked off/stunned/etc.

It's also entirely killable depends on how quick/high the incoming damage is vs if you have the time to heal it. I've killed Marons more than once while shielding because of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post

It might not have been intended, but playing fking Br/Gu was a bannable offense for a while.
    Wouldn't fix the problem, to be honest. I'm currently grinding GU cubes by doing GU/SU. Guess what insanity comes with that?
    Last edited by Alenoir; Mar 1, 2017 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    Bird > yellow pillow > dragon > fairy magician > doggu > everything else. Go to Pietro and unlock the pet level caps, then deal with the slow death that is level to Lv120.
    I assume you mean the doggo jinga, and not viola.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

/Gu is bound to break SOMETHING.
    Eh. I wouldn't want that. It feels like it defines the class too much. It would be like making Hu stances only work for Hu weapons. :/ I like chain as a skill. I just think it scales too high.

Just my two cents, but I would honestly put Wanda/Jinga at a higher priority than Cery/Popple. Popple can be strong, but outside of splode you'd mainly be using it for pp recovery, which doesn't rely on levels anyway. Jinga is WAY more well rounded.

Yeah, Viola is purple unicorn(-ish pet). To be fair you don't need Popple very high, just breaking Lv100 is fine, since you're mostly using it as PP regen and fly killer in TD4.