Page 195 of 273 FirstFirst ... 95145185192193194195196197198205245 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2726

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceyPai View Post
    Howdy, Does anyone know if the third parfait in Xie shop is useful? It increases damage the closer you are to pet.

Moreso if anyone can test it for Maron. I'm wondering if it works like Standing Snipe for Ranger, where if my Maron was right next to me and I use Maron Throw; the parfait will take account of where it was before the PA, so during the whole distance of Maron Throw, I'd still get full damage. Or will it lose damage on its way to the enemy?

It's the only parfait that sounds worth getting, but not sure.
    It's useful for Cery/Popple, and Ledran, but for Maron it would only work if you threw it at point blank (which has a place, but won't always be reliable). It's not like standing snipe, it's like brave stance, so changing distance mid PA would change the damage mid PA.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceyPai View Post
    Howdy, Does anyone know if the third parfait in Xie shop is useful? It increases damage the closer you are to pet.

Moreso if anyone can test it for Maron. I'm wondering if it works like Standing Snipe for Ranger, where if my Maron was right next to me and I use Maron Throw; the parfait will take account of where it was before the PA, so during the whole distance of Maron Throw, I'd still get full damage. Or will it lose damage on its way to the enemy?

It's the only parfait that sounds worth getting, but not sure.
    Kiai Parfait triggers when the pet PA damages an enemy, and for Maron/Melon it calculates the distance between you and the fluffball when it hits anything.

Nothing in that list really works for a general purpose Maron, really. Maybe Hissatsu if you have ways of raising your critical rate, Pittari if you run a rainbow set of Marons, but that's really it. The stuffs this time around are all slightly more "for specific builds/pets" than Necky's shop.

As someone new to summoner can someone explain why people sub FI? and maybe link a tree that is common for Su/Fi. Im having a hard time seeing its advantages over Su/Br.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerolimit View Post
    As someone new to summoner can someone explain why people sub FI? and maybe link a tree that is common for Su/Fi. Im having a hard time seeing its advantages over Su/Br.
    Fighter gets you more raw damage. Braver is straight up weaker, just more consistant.

IMO some people just over idealized xxFi and treat xxBr like a trash class. Well, that is not the case for Su.

In theory sub Fi does give you much more damage that beats Br to dust, but you will be bound by many restrictions for such potential.
    Main Su already has to manage many active skills including ego, point assist, sympathy, zanverus and so on. It is not realistic to achieve maximum damage with Fi sub unless in template quests like raids, where SuGu usually performs better.

I played SuBr since day1 and never lose DPS to any SuFi in seasonal EQ (and rarely in raids). Not to mention Br has the best mobility in game, and that is nail in coffin to me.
    Last edited by sparab; Feb 3, 2017 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    IMO some people just over idealized xxFi and treat xxBr like a trash class. Well, that is not the case for Su.

In theory sub Fi does give you much more damage that beats Br to dust, but you will be bound by many restrictions for such potential.
    Main Su already has to manage many active skills including ego, point assist, sympathy, zanverus and so on. It is not realistic to achieve maximum damage with Fi sub unless in template quests like raids, where SuGu usually performs better.

I played SuBr since day1 and never lose DPS to any SuFi in seasonal EQ (and rarely in raids). Not to mention Br has the best mobility in game, and that is nail in coffin to me.
    FI stances calculates based on your pet's positioning against the enemy, instead of your position in relationship to the enemy. Which means Brave is going to take effect about 3/4 the times as long as your pet have the aggro.

Sympathy is non-issue, as long as you have Long Distance Love and stop charging Shifta/Resta. Zanverse I leave for someone else that actually have Wind Mastery 1/2, unless I'm the only one in the MPA that can tech. Depends on your level of Assist it it doesn't really matter too. Mine lasts for 40 seconds, for example. That's long enough for most non-boss. Same goes for Ego.

The only conditional things for a FI is Crazy Beat and the Slayer skills, really.

I switched from sub BR to sub FI, damage increase was noticable. The only thing I missed was having both Attack Advance and J Reversal Cover at the same time. I also don't Guren though, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by arokidaaron View Post
    PUG still prefer sword and katana though. SuGu for no skill sissy.

Does Average S Critical work for pet attacks? Considering dumping excess points in to it and get the Deadly Parfait since I can't afford to get the other parfaits for all my pets, but I have more weapon badges that I can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker-NT View Post
    Does Average S Critical work for pet attacks? Considering dumping excess points in to it and get the Deadly Parfait since I can't afford to get the other parfaits for all my pets, but I have more weapon badges that I can handle.
    Yes, but it's not worth it. Just wait for good parfaits to be on the CFs.