The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

Unhappy Classic Game Room is retiring

Anyone here watch Classic Game Room?

It's a funny game review show featuring one Mark Bussler and it's one of the most popular on Youtube, so popular that his fans keep mailing him new games and even merchandise. He has 416,708 subscribers and reviews game old and new, plus toys and other collectibles. It's been said that h can review a wall and make it look cool.

His style is not really ripping into games like AngryJoe or AVGN, but he plays a game, makes a few jokes and gives us his opinion.

Here's what he wrote in the forum on classicgameroom.com

--------------------------

Greetings from the Intergalactic Space Arcade.

There’s many changes upon us. The Classic Game Room web store, and many of the interactive features on our website will be closing by the end of the year.

With the closing of our web store, it’s unlikely that we’ll re-order t-shirts, DVDs or beer mugs when they sell out. We may not even sell them next year. If you’ve had your eyes on CGR or Undertow DVDs and gear, now is the time to get them.

CGR Undertow will cease production by the end of the year. Thank you to all of the fans who have supported Undertow and the creators of the show. I’ve witnessed many smiles when positive comments come in, or a box of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arrives at the door!

I’m going to be entering another phase of my life soon and will be concentrating on my writing, art and another career outside of the gaming industry. I plan to continue CGR as a hobby. The show originally started as a hobby, so in a way it will be returning to its roots. I certainly have enough games to keep me busy!

Thank you for being the best fans in the universe. I’ve always enjoyed that CGR has been appreciated for a being a positive review show. We’re happy that our films and products have been well received. Please give a round of applause for the amazing CGR Team who has worked hard behind the scenes to keep this crazy train rolling. Personally, I think we’ve done the best job shipping products in the galaxy! You wouldn’t believe the work that goes into carefully packing things and dropping them from orbit!

There will be a new production schedule next year, I’m not sure what form it will take yet or where the shows will be. Please continue to follow, and once again, thank you.

Mark

------------------------

I'm kinda bummed. He's not stopping it altogether but it's going to slow down drastically. But CGRundertow, it's little brother channel is shutting down entirely.

Long live CGR!

And now, here's some samples:

The R-Zone

One of his earilier reviews, Sea Man from the year 2000:

Phantasy Star 4 review:

The N64 Memory Pak:

Watchdogs:

Viral Dog!:

Storybook Workshop for the Wii

CGRundertow:

Super Mario Maker:

Derek plays Mario Maker with Megaman:

Pondering
    Last edited by SuperCentipede; Nov 9, 2015 at 08:58 AM.

Damn it! How do you embed videos here?

paste the url without any of the embeds or whatnot, also remove the s in httpS.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

No like, not using the embed url, the actual watch url...

Like this.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Ah, sadness. I enjoyed his videos. I wish him well in his and his brother's later projects.

He says his favourite Phantasy Star is still the second one on the Genesis. Masochist!
    Last edited by SuperCentipede; Nov 9, 2015 at 09:16 AM.

Man, this sucks.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.