Thread: HWN

Ark of Winter and Loss

Well Im kinda new here and stuff...blah blah blah, you all know how the Newbie tango goes. Anyway, I been workin on this a little bit and just wanted to know what other people thought of it so far, thanks.

He didn?t know how it started he just knew it was as addictive as any drug someone could cook up in a shack somewhere in space. Fujikuro, was a Humar that was wanted for mass murder aboard Pioneer 2 and no one even knew his name or what he looked like, all they knew was his alias, HWN, The Hunewearl Nightmare. His target, however cowardly it seemed, were Hunewearl?s of much higher ranking than himself and suprisingly enough he had accomplished this deed too many times already. As for the present, Fujikuro works with the local authorities who are dealing with his murders so that he knows where they will look, where they will steak out and who they will question. To him it was the perfect scandel because the man they were looking for was right under their noses and there wasn?t anything they could do about it?this is the bloody story of the Hunewearl Nightmare.

Fujikuro Chapter 1

Fujikuro was grinning as the winds of the second area of the forest blew his lightish green hair all around. Like usual in this area it was raining pretty hard and he was waiting in place near the Central Dome where he concealed himself against a shadowy wall. He was waiting for a certain pink haired Hunewearl to come strolling along looking to make a pretty penny off some Hildeblues. In his right hand he held the blade cut straight off of a Delsabre and in his left was a shield from the same Delsabre, he used these because if confused the police into thinking the wound came from, somehow, a Delsabre that found its way into that area. Of course Fujikuro was always the one to tell them that it had to be a Delsabre judging from the slice of the blade and the marks on the ground he would make with the shield. Fujikuro, as he stood there in the shadows waiting for his prey, began to plan how he would kill this one, how he would make her look like some careless rookie of a hunter?yes he would make a straight slice through her heart, make it look like she was killed with one fail swoop. Finally after waiting for about an hour the Hunewearl found her way to Fujikuro?s location and had her back to Fujikuro. For a second Fujikuro took one last look at her, the black outfit that was snuggly fitted against her body...yes, he blood on his sword would make a fine trophy indeed. Before even the Hunewearl knew what was going on Fujikuro had rushed out of the shadows of the Central Dome and gashed his sword right through the girls heart?she was instantly killed.

"Hunewearls?they are all alike, none of you ever have your guard up at the right time. Maybe if you watched the news you wouldn?t come to a place like this?ignorant wench."

After mocking the dead corpse he covered his sabre in her blood and wrote the letters HWN on the ground next to her and after cleaning all the blood from him, telepiped back to Pioneer 2 pretending like he had no idea what had just happened. He had to make haste back to his appartment near the Principal?s Office or his colleagues might become suspicious, so he ran through the areas of Pioneer 2 until he hit his apartment and then rushed into the dimly lit room and pretended to be a sleep. After about an hour or so later a small screen blinked on his left wrist and his boss, the chief of the Elite Protectors of Pioneer 2 and Ragol, was yelling at him to get up and that the Hunewearl Nightmare had struck again.

"Fujikuro, get your ass in here now! We need our best men to look into this latest killing?and don?t try to make use feel better by making it look like a stray Delsabre, no one believes that crap anymore!"

Fujikuro grinned and placed his Delsabre equipment in a small safe he put under his bed, it was encrypted with his finger prints so he wasn?t worried. Now, when he went to his ?normal? job he had to carry a different weapon which in his case was just a Agito blade, that a client had crafted for him when he saved their child,that he had just about masterd using. Once he arrived he was rushed into the chief?s office where he was debriefed on the killing that had occurred an hour ago.

"Now, Fujikuro, here are the images of the Hunewearl killed by the HWN. The girl was from the Oran sector and her ID number was 6777829390?nothing simillar to the last killing at all except the victim was a Hunewearl. This one was stabbed through the heart with what looks like a Delsabre?s blade but those creatures are only found in the ruins?what the hell was a Delsabre doing in the Forest?!"

Fujikuro pretended to study the pictures but he knew what the body looked like well enough as it was already?he already knew what he was going to tell the chief and he was just waiting for the chief to tell him where they would steak out next.

"Well Chief, the wound may not have been a Delsabre, look at the entrance wound here it?s a vey clean cut that could have been done by any sort of Claymore or perhaps sabre?actually for all we know that wound could be from a Diska. See here how the wound is slightly curved? The weapon of choice by the HWN could be anything except a type of gun. But these tracks?only one thin could possibly makes these tracks and that?s why I usually say that this is just a stray Delsabre killing whatever is in its path."

On the inside Fujikuro was already planning his next killing because he knew, by that look on the chief?s face, that he had no other option except to tell the press it was a stray Delsabre. But one thing that puzzled all of them was how a Delsabre could wrtie the letters HWN next to every single on of the bodies?the chief knew someone was doing but had no proof. This is what made Fujikuro almost laugh out loud every time he saw the chief talk to the press, he looked so stupid telling everyone that a monster as simple minded as a Delsabre coincidently spilled the victims blood and it only looked like it was written. But one thing that none of them, not even Fujikuro, could predicted would become his ultimate downfall?

Sakura Chapter 1

Sakura was sitting in the Hunter?s Guild, waiting for her next mission, watching the local news in shock at a monitor the Guild had on the window. She couldn?t believe that the HWN?s last victim?was her best friend Makoto. Normally, Sakura was a pretty rational Hunewearl and was almost never seen in an angry state. She was a normal sized Hunewearl with light violet hair that was always seen wrapped in two circles atop her head. However, once they said that the victim had been identified as Makoto of the Redria Sector she was simply filled with sadness. Tears streamed from her eyes as she rememberd everything that Makoto had done for her, all the times they would go on missions together?she couldn?t believe she was gone. In almost a single stride Sakura jumped out of her seat and grabbed the Hunter?s Guild attendant by the collar and stared her right in the eyes, which were still pouring tears for her fallen comrade.

"Assign me to the HWN case right now! That?s sick bastard isn?t going to kill anymore people! God dammit, don?t just stand there?HURRY UP, NO DELSABRE COULD POSSIBLY KILL HER!"

The attendant was shocked and scared for her saftey as she nodded in cooperation and downloaded all the neccesary information into the small wristband that the weeping Hunewearl wore. After getting what she want she shoved the poor attendant backwards and ran off the the chief?s office where Fujikuro was just exiting. After standing there for only a bried second the chief looked at his computer screen and sighed.

"Let me guess?you don?t believe a Delsabre killed your best friend. Well, missy, join the club but until I get some solid proof that?s all I can tell the press so they don?t make an even bigger laughing stock of us that they already have, so take a number on the people who want to find the infamous HWN!"

Sakura nearly withdrew her green photon claw and slit his throat, but she held her temper back and simply slammerd her fist on his desk. She couldn?t believe he had the gaul to talk to her like that, especially since she had just lost her best friend, which wasn?t the best time to toy with her emotions anyway.

"Now listen here, hot shot, you will assign me to work on this case RIGHT NOW! I am in no mood to deal with someone that doesn?t give a damn about the lives of other people?what do you think I haven?t been looking into this?! I am one of the best damn hunters Pioneer 2 has to offer and your shoving me off without even looking at me?! By all means I should slice you too pieces!"

The chief turned around in his chair and stood up, since you couldn?t see his face past all the paper work, his face was steaming red and it looked like smoke was about to come out from his ears.

"Dammit! Its people like you that make this harder than it had to be! I don?t want this psycho out killing people anymore than you do?BUT WE HAVE NO LEADS! What the hell do you want me to do, assign ever hot shot hunter that walks in here to the case?! I would have a legion of mindless idiots that were angry looking for someone who has become invisible! Think before you clowns jump in here and start demanding that I assign you because I won?t! Besides, you are the ideal target for him to hit next, so no I WILL NOT assign you to this case! Fujikuro, get in here and get this damn menace out of here!"

Sakura couldn?t believe it, she had been denied of ?legally? looking into the matter of her best friends death! She figured the least she could do was honor her death by finding the killer but now some hunter with green hair was coming into the room grabbing her by the arm and dragging her out of the building.

"Hey?What the hell do you think you are doing?!"

Fujikuro Chapter 2

Fujikuro was growing tired of taking these pitiful fools who had no clue of what he had been doing out. Plus, this must have been the loudest of all of them and she kept crying and getting tears all over his uniform, he was sick of it! So he threw her to the ground and looked her dead in the eyes.

"Look here, I have just about had enough of people like you parading in here thinking your so damn good that you can find what don?t even have clues for! You people are so juiced by this new found taste of vengance you don?t even stop to think that this killer could be much more than you could handle! Did you know that by the way the hunter killed all his victims he would at very least have to be Hunter Class 121?! I mean even me, this stations best, am only a Hunter Class 100! What class are you, huh?!"

The Hunewearl girl held up her wrist plate almost with a look of shame as her hunter class number showed up?87.

"See, he would obliterate you in a second! And here you think you are some kind of special being that can down someone of much higher class than you! Be rational about what you do, not stupid, I imagine you would normally be a descent hunter otherwise you wouldn?t wield that Photon Claw?now get out of here and think before you act and if you ever come around here again I won?t hesitate to arrest you for tresspassing."

The smaller hunewearl looked up at Fujikuro with a scorned look on her face as she headed away from the small building. Shaking his head, Fujikuro went back inside and headed to the chief?s office making sure to be careful about what he said, seeing as how he just blew a casket at the girl a little while ago. When he enterd the office it looked like the chief calmed down?then a devious idea struck his mind.

"Chief, you know that wound in the victims body?it could have been created by a photon claw, much like the one the girl just had a minute ago. I mean it would take a very swift strike to make a wound like that with a claw, but you know she is Hunter Class 87 and is very much so capable of making such a wound?"

The chief swirled around I his chair and looked with a certain glimmer in his eyes?but then after thinking for a second the glimmer died as he turned back around looking through his window into the vast blackness of space.

"I know how you feel, Fujikuro, hoping that every high class hunter could be the one so we can end this futile bloodshed. But if that were the case we would need all of our men to watch every high class person here with a weapon besides a gun?I just wish we had some sort of evidence then we could finally nail this bastard."

Rogue Ctarl

I like darker toned stories and I like this one. Keep it up. =^_^=

Ark of Winter and Loss

Heres a small addition to the story, not as much as before but its better than nothing. But no worries...theres plenty more to come.

With the twisted mind of the killer he had, Fujikuro was ready to set to motion a devious plot to frame this completely innocent Hunewearl and clear his name of any suspicion what so ever. With a simple sigh that made him sound dissapointed Fujikuro exited the office building without a word. All the while in his head he was going through his devious plan step by step. The first step would be to find out where this Hunewearl girl lives and somehow steal her weapon of choice, this would be the hardest of his tasks…but he figured with the police records he could find her location easily enough. Then step two would be to murder some foolish hunter on Ragol and leave the trademark logo of the HWN and perhaps leave an article of clothing of the girls. He also wanted to find some background information on this Hunewearl, or rather find some dirt on her to give her a possible reason to slaughter someone in cold blood, especially when she said one victim was her best friend.

"Starting tomorrow…that girl’s life will never be the same again"

Sakura Chapter 2

Sakura was in the deepest depression she had ever been in her life…the fact that she would never she her best friend Makoto ever again was just hitting her. She desperatly tried to hold back the tears, at least until she got into her apartment…but the sorrow was just too great and she began weeping in the corridors the small apartment building. A few of the neighbors she had come to know very well came to comfort her but Sakura insisted she just had a rough day at the Hunter’s Guild and would be fine tomorrow…but Sakura knew that was the biggest lie she had ever told in her life. After slipping her small key card into the door all she could do was collapse on her bed and let her waterfall of tears drench her pillow. When she finally composed herself all she could think of doing was calling her boyfriend who was stationed on a patrol ship looking for yet another suitable planet. With her trembling hands she wiped away the remains of her tears and tried her best to look normal as she grabbed a small handheld Video-Phone and dialed up her boyfriend Setsuna’s number. The blonde Ramar was quick to answer, he knew the only one who called his Video-Phone was Sakura so he looked rather happy just to see her face again.

"Sakura, Im so glad you called…I miss you a great deal, I was asking my head officer if I could get some time off to come see you later in the year and her agreed!"

Sakura tried her best to look happy for him because she knew how much Setsuna loved to see her face…but Setsuna could tell something was wrong. He could tell that her hair was no longer as radiant as it used to and those eyes, they were filled with such sorrow rather than the joy he had come to love! The poor girl, to Setsuna, looked like she had just been claimed a disgrace to the Hunter’s Guild!

"Sakura…whats the matter? You look dreadful, the last time I saw you like that was when…well when Makoto was seriously hurt from going into those damn Ruins by herself…wait a minute…did something happen to Makoto?!"

Just thinking about Makoto made poor Sakura burst into tears, she still couldn’t believe that she was dead…her best friend was gone from this world and they would never see each other again, all Setsuna could see was a flurry of violet hair and the sound of his beloved crying and weeping her heart out for her fallen friend.

"Its Makoto…she was killed…it…it was the HWN!"

Setsuna could hardly believe what he had just heard…Makoto…killed in battle by that cold hearted HWN from the news? Setsuna couldn’t come to terms with it, he knew Makoto was too strong to be downed by some low life scum like that…no he wouldn’t believe it. All Setsuna could do at the moment was stare blankly into space, he was very close with Makoto as well so it was a very deep lose for him as well.

"Sakura…Im coming over there right now, I don’t care what my boss does or even if he fires me dammit, I am coming over there for you and to find that son of a bitch and make him pay!"

The video-phone went black as Sakura just simply continued to cry, soon she simply cried herself to sleep almost hoping that right now she was just dreaming and would soon wake up and see Makoto smiling at her…but even in her dreams she knew that could never happen.