Default Falling off the world in Floating Continent

This only happened once, but it sure gave me a mini heart-attack.

As I was moving around, I reached a piece (1x1) that is an equivalent to a straight, but diverges, with one of the paths being supposedly only accessible from one direction. Since I'm a Bouncer with Jet Boots, I couldn't care less and tried double jumping over it, except I failed the jump... and instead of getting pushed back, I fell down the map (giving me that "OH S***" moment xD). After a couple seconds, it just sends you to the beggining of the map.

I tried replicating it, but to no avail. How often does it happen?

Yeah, it happens sometimes, rare tho, i did it like 3 times since beta. continent only i think
    nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    Yeah, it happens sometimes, rare tho, i did it like 3 times since beta. continent only i think
    nothing to worry about
    OK, thanks for the quick answer!

Sometimes there are also spots where you can fall in but can't go out. I was lucky and had an all-class machinegun on inventory (ironically, the Rescue Gun) and could jump out with mechgun weapon action. Perhaps this happens where two portions of the map join.

I will admit that there has been one instance where I got permanently stuck in Floating Continent between 2 grid locations:
    I jumped off the side of a ledge, and it had a pillar in front of the lower platform between the drop-off and the ground, thus trapping me. I was forced to abandon the quest in order to leave, but in the 3 years I've been playing, it has only happened once.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic86549_1.gif

There's few bug that will make you either fall into the void or flying non-stop, though in most case the game will teleport you back somewhere.