Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Can't understand how to use Launchers sadly

I main RA and I love using Rifles, but I wanna use Launchers too (mainly cause I hate mobs) but I can't find a way to use it right - it seems really slow and not much stronger than my rifle. Also don't know which PAs to use.

PAs I use
    Divine Launcher
    Zero Distance
    Cosmos Breaker

Sadly that is what Launcher is all about slow attacks not much difference in damage compared to Rifle. It is more of using Launchers for when you have WB loaded on your Rifle and you have Bullet Keep. This lets you recharge your PP while still dealing damage, if you don't have Tactics Trap, Gravity Grenades, and Stun Grenades for quick PP recovery.

Try Gunslash with Additional Bullet, Strezwei and Kreisenschlag.

Launchers took a bit for me to get into, and I'm far from an expert at them still (dat FO lyfe), but there's 3 main PA's I use:

* Divine Launcher: Single-target, pretty slow, and suffers from inaccuracy if you're distant/your target is moving, but what it hits, it hurts. This is very specific obviously, but Cmode stage 1 is great with this.

* Cluster Bullet: ...I think that's what it is, I'm awful at PA names. Shoots a bullet into the air, which explodes and does AoE damage to everything under it. There's your mobbing one. Be wary, though, the bullet goes a set distance before exploding, so it's not necessarily going to reach your target... or maybe it'll go right past it. You can have some fun with this using manual aim- or, if you're sitting on top of an enemy when you fire it, the bullet will hit it directly and the explosion will travel out from there.

* Zero Distance: Again, if this is the one I'm thinking of... it's my favourite of the lot. Single target, very close range- you run up to your target and stick your launcher right in its' face. Deals fantastic damage. Frankly, if I'm being particularly lazy, I'll just spam this one PA over and over. Does the job, and it saves me from thinking.

To use launcher effectively you have to go into TPS mode.

Far away clusters of mobs: use Divine Launcher (craft this pa). Don't aim directly at the enemy, but aim at the ground; what you want is its AoE.

Medium range clusters of mobs: use Cluster Bullet; its AoE is pretty wide.

Close range mobs on your tail: use Cosmos Breaker directly to the ground where you are standing for its AoE, then roll out of its animation, then Cosmos Break again, until dead.

Zero Distance is good for single target if not using rifle for whatever reason.

Also, to use Additional Bullet effectively, go into TPS mode and use the PA while jumping; it's easier to get headshots that way.

you just charge Divine Launcher , TPS mode it into ground , then KAPOW BOOM

Woulda say gravity bomb is a good stuff when you go lawnchair. Then again, gravity bomb is good for anything else. (if no zondial)

Anyway, reposition using rodeo is also a good alternative.

to use launcher effectively you should:
    - go into TPS most of the time, control your aoe range
    - learn the distance and range of each PA

+Divine Launcher: craft it, good for a huge group at any range
    +Cluster Bullet: this one has a huge aoe range that isn't visible (you can only understand when use it against a big swarm of mobs). the distance of this PA is always fixed, so you have to learn to use it at an optimal distance. usually ohko most SH mobs, easy headshot
    +Zero Distance: fast and simple, good aoe, quick execution
    +Cosmos breaker: powerful, huge aoe, require TPS and shoot on the ground for instant explode

There are hate and love for each weapon but if you want to be good at Ra you will have to use both launcher and rifle.
    Ra PA are incredibly situational , more so than most of other weapons, learn how to use them effectively in provided circumstances

refer to this guide, easier to understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGfJ6...-xJ4se7Nl_yTvJ
    Last edited by AmanoMai; Dec 17, 2015 at 04:10 AM.

I'm under the impression launchers are kind of crappy right now.
    You have to work much harder just to get the same or worse damage as easier weapons.

Rifle can still take out mobs somewhat. Use gravity grenade or glory rain.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I'm under the impression launchers are kind of crappy right now.
    You have to work much harder just to get the same or worse damage as easier weapons.

Rifle can still take out mobs somewhat. Use gravity grenade or glory rain.
    tbh, i kind of agree
    launchers are meh now

glory rain however, imo is only suited for XH and UQ, where mobs has 200k hp and above. It's good dps once you start to spam and stack up dmg but the initial start is slow.

launcher could have taken out 2 groups with cluster bullet before the initial rain touches down

I'd think launcher is to take out bigger group of trash due to wide aoe while rifle can take care of the tougher ones, or small group with diffuse
    Cosmos however, has high damage + safe to use (though it has been nerfed to hell and back)

all in all, the right thing at the right place for optimal use

that said.... can i get a launcher buff pls, sphere eraser was a bad joke idk why they even made it