Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sometimes I feel like I'm not playing the same game as some people here on psow.

I can weak hit mobs for 90-120k with my ares, solo nab or lilipa UQ mob waves and rape most SH/XH maps. In fact, I solo 90% of the time (or with NPC) simply because my launcher PA can get shit done in a reasonable amount of time.

Be aggressive with the dive rolls, abuse gravity bomb, learn to time your PA and have a good positioning.

Launchers were the best for a short while (during episode 2?), then they got nerfed.
    When episode 3 came out, I found it more difficult to consistently get headshots with Cluster Bullet. Some other people had similar concerns.
    Still having that problem now.

I recently got ahold of the Orbit 13 star launcher, took it for a test drive at +10 (no latent).
    It didn't seem significantly stronger than the Flame Visits and Shooting Drives I had before that.
    Yes, I know those two aren't great launchers.

Can you be a little more specific about which PAs and such you're using, Ordy?
    And what's the ideal class combo for Launcher? Ra/Hu? Ra/Br? Ra/Gu?
    I usually go Ra/Br and try to headshot stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post

I recently got ahold of the Orbit 13 star launcher, took it for a test drive at +10 (no latent).
    It didn't seem significantly stronger than the Flame Visits and Shooting Drives I had before that.

what is the element value of your orbit launcher?

if you're using a 20 element orbit, you lose 593atk compare to a 60 element one
    plus you lose 13% damage from having no latent

all totals up to about 25% damage lost compare to a 10603
    Last edited by AmanoMai; Jan 10, 2016 at 06:45 AM.

Launcher got nerfed? What are you even talking about? Cluster bullet got over-buffed and it did get a justified nerf because it became stronger than Divine Launcher for a while, sure. But it still became stronger than it was before the buff from episode 3. Everything else definitely got a buff.

Head shots have felt the same since episode 1, pretty sure I would've noticed any slight changes to them by now. It's not like how the Bullet Squall customization where hitboxes were actually changed.

It seems more like an issue of players not knowing how to aim rather than Launcher being "meh."
    Short range: Make use of gravity bomb, Divine Launcher, Zero Distance, and Cosmos Breaker.
    Medium range: Divine Launcher and Cluster Bullet.
    Long Range: Divine Launcher

Ranger/Hunter is most suitable for a launcher user since a majority of its PAs don't charge, and you have massive + automate to ensure you can take a bit of damage up-close when you have to.

And speaking of Launchers, every dedicated Ranger should definitely aim for an Orbit with the first potential at level 3.
    Last edited by Bellion; Jan 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM.

Then I don't know then. I know it got overbuffed at one point, but I thought they nerfed it at some point too.
    Obviously, it was a while back so I don't recall clearly. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

I used to be able to consistently get Cluster Bullet group headshot kills.
    Ever since people said they noticed a change (on this forum, somewhere), I haven't seemed to be able to get it to work well like I used to.
    Like, the headshot misses various enemies, where I could swear it didn't before. It usually wiped out the whole group.
    Tried in all sorts of places, where previously I didn't have any problems. Nab2, TD, etc.
    If it's me, then I dunno what the hell I'm doing wrong.
    For a short while, I used to use Launcher to solo TAs. That was a long time ago though.
    I haven't been using Divine Launcher much. Guess I'll use that more. With the customization, right?

My Orbit is at 30, but I haven't finished grinding it yet. Potential is still only at level 1.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 10, 2016 at 11:14 AM.

They did change the animation of Cluster Bullet at some point during Episode 2, so it could be that throwing you off, possibly.
    Yes, get the customization for Divine Launcher as charging it tremendously increases the AoE.

Thanks.

I asked JP friend about the Cluster Bullet thing. They looked it up on the JP swiki comments.
    According to those comments, around February 2013, SEGA changed the range of Cluster Bullet from circular to oblong.
    Do you recall anything like that happening?

They also said something like, Ra Zonde has an issue where if you hit over around 20 enemies, it will miss enemies above that limit.
    They suggested perhaps Cluster suffers from similar issues?

When aiming for weak point/head shot with Cluster Bullet, I try to Z-aim at a rough estimate of the height of that weak point/head, or slightly above.
    That's how it's supposed to be done, right?
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jan 10, 2016 at 12:10 PM.

That seems to be the case of the animation change. I still haven't noticed an actual change in range, though. I still perceive it as more of a conical AoE more than anything else.

Perhaps since Razonde and Cluster have lots in common, it wouldn't surprise me if they have all of the same characteristics besides being different attack types. The problem is I cannot remember the last time I've encountered 20+ enemies at once.

That serves as a general guideline, yes. You aim slightly above to hit enemies with their weakpoints that are more or less on top of them/behind. You aim at around their weakpoints that are directly in front of you.

It's conical AOE? I always thought it was kinda like a carpet bomb of a wide area.

Quote Originally Posted by AmanoMai View Post
    to use launcher effectively you should:
    - go into TPS most of the time, control your aoe range
    - learn the distance and range of each PA

+Divine Launcher: craft it, good for a huge group at any range
    +Cluster Bullet: this one has a huge aoe range that isn't visible (you can only understand when use it against a big swarm of mobs). the distance of this PA is always fixed, so you have to learn to use it at an optimal distance. usually ohko most SH mobs, easy headshot
    +Zero Distance: fast and simple, good aoe, quick execution
    +Cosmos breaker: powerful, huge aoe, require TPS and shoot on the ground for instant explode

There are hate and love for each weapon but if you want to be good at Ra you will have to use both launcher and rifle.
    Ra PA are incredibly situational , more so than most of other weapons, learn how to use them effectively in provided circumstances

refer to this guide, easier to understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGfJ6...-xJ4se7Nl_yTvJ
    dat ミライプリズム (Instrumental) - ここなつ tho.
    This was actually very informative thanks for that.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."