Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default PSO2 is Ruined Forever

Episode 4, of course.

Yes, I understand that all opinions are equal and that Sega is not pandering to my culture, but in a world where common sense is occasionally allowed to prevail, this game is done for.

Time to hang up the sword.

I'm waiting until we get a proper explanation for the direction the story is taking before I pass judgment.

I'm upset that we don't have a "PSO2 is ruined" thread on the front page after every content reveal.
    I AM READY TO GIVE LOTS OF SIMPLE ADVICE

Welp, better play the shit out of this game before EP4 comes and kills it. The salon and graphics update looked amazing, but they had to anime this already anime game. I'm literally being poisoned by the anime overdose.

Miyazaki was right, otaku ruin everything
    From ship 1 with love!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Welp, better play the shit out of this game before EP4 comes and kills it. The salon and graphics update looked amazing, but they had to anime this already anime game. I'm literally being poisoned by the anime overdose.

Miyazaki was right, otaku ruin everything
    Y'know, as soon as I noticed those "DF Girls", I knew shit was about to head south with this game.

Fire Emblem got a similar pair of female otaku that somehow appear to have some manner of influence on the "direction" that the series is heading in (they appear to have their own FE:Cipher cards as well, and are super RP-ish in how they discuss shit).

I imagine there might be other instances like this out there, but so far these are the only two that I've managed to identify. But I do so hope this stays isolated to these two cases (and that they are properly "quarantined" or else "corrected" - as hypocritical as that is of me to say), because I fear what might happen to other franchises if this phenomena spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Y'know, as soon as I noticed those "DF Girls", I knew shit was about to head south with this game.

Fire Emblem got a similar pair of female otaku that somehow appear to have some manner of influence on the "direction" that the series is heading in (they appear to have their own FE:Cipher cards as well, and are super RP-ish in how they discuss shit).

I imagine there might be other instances like this out there, but so far these are the only two that I've managed to identify. But I do so hope this stays isolated to these two cases (and that they are properly "quarantined" or else "corrected" - as hypocritical as that is of me to say), because I fear what might happen to other franchises if this phenomena spreads.
    But FE:Fates is pretty nice O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    But FE:Fates is pretty nice O_o
    That still doesn't stop the controversies from occurring. Even if the game is awesome and the hype is merited.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    Just hope that the next installment (if they ever let go of PSO2, which doesn't even seem likely, but it's still "early" in the game since they said they wanted to milk it for 10 years or something) happens when the industry has changed a bit, and we can all treat PSO2 as the modern PSIII.
    And hope the audience has changed what they'll mindlessly throw money at so they'll stop encouraging stuff like this.

I'll just... take this. For my sig.
    In 10 years there will be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY-HAY-HAY better scifi games than the phantasy star series, expand your horizons. x_X

Well there already is prolly i dun feel like thinkin' about that.

Also, your sig is pretty anime.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseHERO View Post
    In 10 years there will be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY-HAY-HAY better scifi games than the phantasy star series, expand your horizons. x_X

Well there already is prolly i dun feel like thinkin' about that.

Also, your sig is pretty anime.
    Xenoblade Chronicles X, havent played that but I'm itching to play it. But for current online Space Opera SCI-FI action rpg, I don't think anything else could top PSO2 atm, unless I overlooked it.

How is Destiny btw?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Xenoblade Chronicles X, havent played that but I'm itching to play it. But for current online Space Opera SCI-FI action rpg, I don't think anything else could top PSO2, unless I overlooked it.

How is Destiny btw?
    A lot of dedicated players overate PSO2 to death, but all of it's understandable why-are-you-still-here(myself included) haters underate it too. Destroying what the fanbase originally loved from the series or being too anime or not. There's WAYYYY worse MMOs that fail to- well the list could go on for like 12 paragraphs in terms of what MMOs fail at in terms of being good videogames.

This game might get hollow after a while, but it's never a surprise when it blows away new players. It's objectively mediocre as a game overall. But as a community focused dress up game action RPG (and for the first year of the game a sci-fi adventure.) It's decent once you get past SEGA spitting in it's most loyal fan's faces and everyone just taking it like masochists...

Untill you add tokyo and a highschool WHOA now shit got TOO GAY HOLD ON.

But in 10 years? especially in this generation Sci-fi/Cyberpunk is getting rapidly more standout and popular than usual because more things are becoming Sci-fact/Reality? As well as videogame tech just getting better?

Yeah in 10 years I'll be creeped out to see anyone still caring about phantasy star outside of nostalgia or it's few actually good games. Unless a new better game from this series DOES somehow come into existence.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.