Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. If the new planet is Earth, and Tokyo is one of the areas, what would be the second and third areas...?
    Kyoto and Nagasaki probably :/

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

I was afraid of this. I can't really speak on behalf of the story but ever since EP3 the quality of content in terms of the fields has been on a downward slope. EP1 & 2 there was a formula to it. 2 intro ARKS Quest a Mini-Boss Quest then the Free Field. Shironia comes along and they cut out the 2nd ARKS Quest and cut down on the blocks in the Free Field. Kuron's Free Field was just a Extermination Quest with a Telepipe half way through and Harukotan's Time Attack is nothing more then an arena brawl.

If EP4 didn't have the Salon updates coming with it I would be out as well. Seeing as they may not even be making an attempt to crossover stuff from PS-Nova or PSO2es and is making a .hack//SIGN style anime instead building out the lore of what should have been a Space Opera.

I would rather see the drifting ruins of Dr. Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park in the from of Tropical Resort as a field before Earth.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

Read today that this game is being released for the PS4, and it caught my eye:

https://www.segalization.com/2015/12...ne-2-in-japan/

....until I saw that they still said it's not coming to America. Sega can kiss my ass. I'm waiting for them to end up like Konami. But, they were never that great to begin with since the Saturn.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post

....until I saw that they still said it's not coming to America. Sega can kiss my ass. I'm waiting for them to end up like Konami. But, they were never that great to begin with since the Saturn.
    Why would people still care about the game being localized or not?
    Do you want it to turned out like SEA/TW server? It's horrible.
    SEGA are actually saving themself from massive bomb by not releasing burger server, the game will flop.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Why would people still care about the game being localized or not?
    Do you want it to turned out like SEA/TW server? It's horrible.
    SEGA are actually saving themself from massive bomb by not releasing burger server, the game will flop.
    It'll only flop based on their own screwups (this was evident in PSU). The servers don't have to be separate, either.

Or better yet, host play through PSN! Oh, wait, they still do drip feed content. Nevermind!

Ep4 anger and over reaction is beyond better than PSU's updates over the years. This is too good, watching people who either just login for stamp/Dont even play anymore/dont even play anymore but hover the forums and act like they do/people are just flat out assblasted drop the game entirely because of Ep4's content is just too perfect.

See you guys back within 1week-1yr period under a new name and IGN haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post

get this shit out of here

Forgot about the live event. Went to bumped. Shock. Reads full thread. I still feel bad for what I saw.

Yeah, I'm another one of those minority of players that cares about the story, about the lore, and precisely because this is Earth from Sol system is why I think they crossed the line at kicking this franchise lore in the nuts.

I'm shocked, disappointed, not angry, but let me clarify, I'm disappointed at myself for believing they would treat their franchise with coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
    I'm pretty sure people are complaining as PSO fans, not as 'westerners'. I don't think anyone that really wants PSO2 to transform from an awesome sci-fi environment to an oversaturated anime one. Not that it hasn't already, just moreso than before... and continually lol. I still love the game regardless.
    It would shock me if Japanese Phantasy Star fans were not annoyed about this. Of course, they and we, are a minority on the potential customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I'm just going to say that Earth has been in the PS series before, it's very much part of the PS universe as everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    Exactly if people just doing a basic search earth references to earth actually appears quit a bit in the Phantasy Star series.
    The point is, Oracle is not related to Algol, at least not that they know, and earthlings knew about Algol, travelled there, and conquered it. This incursion of Oracle in Earth makes no sense at all, unless of course, Oracle takes place before Algol's creation and Earth's demise.

I'm hopping for Episode 5 intro having our character wake up from a wacky dream and just going back with Matoi to kick some PD's ass.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

pso2 is filled to the top with issues and a new story setting is what got people upset?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    pso2 is filled to the top with issues and a new story setting is what got people upset?
    lol
    they could add 3 new classes and all of PSU weps/Photon arts to the game, people would still be mad

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    The point is, Oracle is not related to Algol, at least not that they know, and earthlings knew about Algol, travelled there, and conquered it. This incursion of Oracle in Earth makes no sense at all, unless of course, Oracle takes place before Algol's creation and Earth's demise.
    Will be slightly before, I believe.

PSO1 took place in 3084, and the sealing of Falz from the Algol System took place exactly 1,000 years prior (as the story leads you to believe), and PSO2 is taking itself to the Sol System in 2028.

I don't actually know the Classic games, but Falz revives every 1,000 years, and we know that the Falz in the first PSO game is from the Algol system because the incantation "MUTTS DITTS POUMN" is a corruption of the 3 planets of the Algol system, probably changed to time.

EDIT: I'm looking at it and considering the timeline of the original Phantasy Star games spans 3,000 years, with the sealing of Dark Falz in 2084 (I don't know which game this is), this is definitely going to be when Algol is known by the Earthlings, so...
    Last edited by Z-0; Dec 23, 2015 at 09:34 PM.