Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default The rant of PSO2 players

I don't post much around here, however i feel like i should post about it now. You don't need to agree with me but let's take a look at our past, shall we?

>1987~1993- The Phantasy Star series is born with an innovative story and an unforgettable role-play. The game attracts many loyal fans which consider the series one of the best ever made.
    >2001~2005- The PSO series is born, being one of the first MMORPGs on a console, the Phantasy Star series proved that it couldn't stop being fresh, adding new loyal fans to the series. Although, some conservative fans from the first era bitched and mourned that the game wasn't like the oldies.
    >2006~2010- The Universe series is born, despite being rich in story it has indeed some gameplay flaws that were getting fixed given time. The series brought new fans to the Phantasy Star series and it has been the first to many people. However, some people mourned and bitched that the game was not like both PSO and the original PS series..
    >2012- Oracle series is born is released, also bringing some fresh air with it being probably the most popular and best seller of all above, however(as always) many people didn't like the fresh air to the series(i'm not going to talk about PS Nova and PSO2es):
    -->EP1- Some people still complain that the game is not like either the original PSO or the original PS.
    -->EP2 - Some people bitched that katanas are fan service, implying that the Otaku are destroying the game and also complain about collabs.
    -->EP3- Some people bitched that collabs were excessive and they were destroying the game, saying that they were fan-service and some were too weak.
    -->Near EP4- Many people now bitch because they did not like the first-look of something surprising and different for the game that we neither have full info about or we did experience yet, complaining even before it's released.

Please note- I'm not criticizing you if you like one series better than another, it's your life, but we need know the difference between taste and blind-nostalgia that blindfolds people to hate anything new.
    Last edited by rokkuman; Dec 27, 2015 at 01:27 PM.

Saw you post this on Facebook :P

I'd say there's a bit of a difference between adding new content to a game, and changing from space-monsters to high-school.

That said, the new area does at least look nice to me, I always did sort of like future city stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    I'd say there's a bit of a difference between adding new content to a game, and changing from space-monsters to high-school.
    I wanted to reply to a post like this, but I wanted to avoid the other rant threads since my post would probably just be ignored and drown in a sea of negativity.

Ahem...

Are our characters the ones going to high school? No? Then what's the fucking problem? Whatever everyday life these high school girl characters are having has absolutely no effect on ARKS's visit to planet Earth and the coming story.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Are our characters the ones going to high school? No? Then what's the fucking problem? Whatever everyday life these high school girl characters are having has absolutely no effect on ARKS's visit to planet Earth and the coming story.
    People are getting triggered because of the highschool setting alone, regardless on how protagonist character attend school or not.
    Kinda weird despite PSO2 already getting tons of school outfit in the past 3 years though, hahaha.

I wanted to reply to a post like this, but I wanted to avoid the other rant threads since my post would probably just be ignored and drown in a sea of negativity.

Ahem...

Your damn right, people seem to hate whatever is new.
    Last edited by rokkuman; Dec 24, 2015 at 12:35 AM.

Ahem...

Take it easy there, all I said is that it's a radical departure from what we've got now. The world's not ending, the power of friendship overcoming the odds isn't making everyone nauseous, and my account is not on ebay for a dollar. I don't particularly have to like the high-school stuff, no matter how weakly related to the story it may end up being (which I don't particularly pay much attention to as it is), for me to enjoy the look of the level.

And like I said, I do like how it looks. I reckon it'll be interesting.
    Last edited by Hysteria1987; Dec 24, 2015 at 12:33 AM.

could be a "straw that broke the camel's back" sort of deal

the whole swirl of rage over this sounds, to me, like the ravings of spoiled children except that it fits in line with the general negativity I've always been witness to on this website. It was almost amusing last night.

Tonight however, well...let us put it into perspective.

In the real world. Right now...

People are dying. People are "celebrating" holidays without loved ones who have died, who have been killed, murdered via things such as violent acts, or even the brutal negligence of lazy doctors rushing to get to their golf appointment who tell a middle aged woman to put vasaline on what is clearly a septic, necrotic skin issue, which then spreads into her blood and slowly kills her by making her heart disintegrate within a matter of weeks.

People are dying in horrible ways, in real life, families losing loved ones, children who never wanted to have to go through christmas without their own mother.......

meanwhile the babies here are complaining about how episode 4 of Phantasy Star Online 2 is so upsetting to them they cannot go on, or are so bothered by it they cannot even for one instant think of anything to do other than scream about it. Cry about it. complain about it like babies.

Pathetic.

get some actual priorities people....

I never heard that "katana is fan service" thing, doesn't make sense to me.
    People have been complaining about collabos since day one because we're getting way more collabos than actual PSO2-themed stuff.
    And the PSO2-themed stuff tends to be really ugly.
    If PSO2 didn't rely so heavily on collabos, the game would probably already be localized in the West. It's that significant.

Regarding episode 4, enough of it has been revealed to form an opinion.
    They are confident of whatever they've shown us, otherwise they would not show us.

From what I hear, the Phantasy Star series has always been heavily influenced by Star Wars.
    Can you imagine if the new Star Wars movie took place in a modern American high school instead of a galaxy far far away?
    And with colorful Jar Jar Binks eating candy.
    Are you saying it's not valid to be concerned about such a bizarre change?
    Look at the Star Wars Kinect dancing thing. People weren't happy about that, and for good reason.
    I don't even care about Star Wars and I can tell that dance thing was silly. I think it's funny, but at the same time I think it disrespects fans.

That being said, I already voiced my opinion and concerns about episode 4.
    I'm not wasting my time running around the place whining about it. I do show it to friends so we can laugh at the silliness.
    If people want to quit the game, let them. If people want to complain about the game, let them.
    I'm sure everyone knows that SEGA isn't going to care either way.
    You don't have to waste your time listening to the complaints or responding to them.

@Squall179
    That's a strawman. Yes, there's lots of serious shit going on, and I probably know this better than anyone else.
    But the fact is most regular people don't care, and even if they did, they can't do anything about it.

People don't come to the PSO World general forum to talk about world terrorism or whatever. They come here to talk about PSO2.
    How do you know they aren't talking about important world stuff elsewhere?
    Can you imagine if people only focused on talking about important world issues? All of these forums would be empty.
    Nobody would be playing PSO2. Nobody would be at work, they'd all be out in the field, in battlezones, trying to save lives.
    Movies, games, none of those things would sell. Entire industries would collapse. Nobody would be buying, they'd be trying to feed starving kids in a third world country.

So, I think it's pretty pointless to say "you shouldn't complain about anything because there's more serious shit going on somewhere in the world".
    For example, if you fell over and broke your leg. "Agh! It hurts!" and people would just tell you, "Deal with it, at least you're not a starving kid in Ethiopia".
    Sounds silly, right? Because it is. It's all about context.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Dec 24, 2015 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    could be a "straw that broke the camel's back" sort of deal
    could be a "retards kneejerking" sort of deal, too.

I know which one my money's on seeing as how it's teh Intarwebz.