Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Music of Phantasy Star Online 2 - Technical Information and Demonstration

Some of you may remember I put out something like this a while back. Rather than necro that thread I've decided to start a new one since this should be considered the complete version. For those wondering, no there is still no way to swap in new music.
    Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; Dec 27, 2015 at 11:31 AM.

Damn son, all these cards on second videos.
    Fast OSR Loser are the best.
    I always liked when people going through all the problem to see how the game make thing works, PSO2 has indeed interesting stuff being used for it's audio system.
    How composer going through all the problem to make music tracks for single boss battle are actually make me respect them more.
    Last edited by wefwq; Dec 27, 2015 at 11:43 AM.

I came really close to replacing This is My Happiness during Halloween with Nostalgia in Solitude Part 2 from PSOBB, but the farthest I got was it playing in the game but overlaying it with really loud static too. Gave up after hours trying to fix it and just did a swap with other Jukebox tracks instead.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

This is a excellent analysis of the music system in PSO2!

I am gonna share it with my PSO2 friends and video game music fans! Awesome work!

I've always been in love with PSO2's music, that's why, when new updates come out, I always look forward to the BGMs. Awesome video!

Hoh! So the beats and rhythm are separated along the vid huh... Cool. @PrinceBrightstar Can you also do with the Resonant Defense A.I.S one? I wanna to get the beat parts when you summon the A.I.S.
    Spoiler!

There's totally a way to swap in music, but swapping it messes up other areas. Case in point, someone put up a file here a long time ago that had the darker nest music in floating continent, but this had the side effect of replacing forest music with dark falz elder.

Right, i'm talking about importing brand new music, not swapping files. We've known that works to some degree.

Oh, well yeah. I guess people would just have to mute music ingame and use a music player.

WAIT WHAT ABOUT THE MUSIC PLAYER IN MY ROOM?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    The Music of Phantasy Star Online 2 - Part 1 - YouTube

The Music of Phantasy Star Online 2 - Part 2 - YouTube

Some of you may remember I put out something like this a while back. Rather than necro that thread I've decided to start a new one since this should be considered the complete version. For those wondering, no there is still no way to swap in new music.
    Great analysis man! Very informative thanks for sharing with the fans!!