Default How to timed ability?

I've seen people with very nice atk boosts on their units from timed abilities and since we can easily uncraft any gear account binding isn't an issue anymore.

1) Do the stats stay even if the main effect is timed out? E.g. I get 30 atk (random number) from rare drop up but rare drop has already timed out, do I still get the 30 atk or has that also timed out?

My timed ability level is 16 (purely from dailies), how would I go about getting a good ability for s-atk / t-atk?

2) Cirno lists ARKS Quest Lv.3 as giving up to 50 atk main and another 10 atk as sub effect, does that mean I select ARKS Quest Lv.3 and then try until the rng gives me the right kind of atk with a value I like?
    How does main effect factor in?

3) And I suppose crafter level influences the values, should I find someone with a higher level to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    1) Do the stats stay even if the main effect is timed out? E.g. I get 30 atk (random number) from rare drop up but rare drop has already timed out, do I still get the 30 atk or has that also timed out?
    The Sub and Additional Effects time out too.

If you have Timed Abilities installed on units that are expired, even though the unit stats show the combined affix and ability bonuses, you will not recieve these bonuses in any applicable quests.

My timed ability level is 16 (purely from dailies), how would I go about getting a good ability for s-atk / t-atk?
    Unfortunately it's all random. Typical bonuses of most recipes are one of the ATK stats with a range of 10~30.

Say for example, planet-wide bonuses or arks fleet (I choose these because they are popular due to affecting EQs) at Level 3 will randomly assign the following:

--Main Effect: Rare Drop, Experience, Status Effect Negation, etc.
    --Sub Effect: Either S-ATK, R-ATK or T-ATK between 10~30
    --Additional Effect: On Great Success!: Small chance to for either extra S-ATK, R-ATK or T-ATK of 20 that may not be the same ATK type as the Sub Effect.

Due to the RNG nature of Sub and Additional Effects, most players settle for maxing 30 ATK on the Sub Effect.

2) Cirno lists ARKS Quest Lv.3 as giving up to 50 atk main and another 10 atk as sub effect, does that mean I select ARKS Quest Lv.3 and then try until the rng gives me the right kind of atk with a value I like?
    How does main effect factor in?
    Sub effects are entirely random. so yes pray to RNGesus for decent stats or stock up on silva materials / planet crystals.

Main Effect is decided for 24 hours when crafting dailies reset. Any Timed Ability updates you attempt during that period has a high chance of having the Main Effect of the day, but sometimes it can give random ones. Main Effects od the day cycle through a monthly basis: the 5th, 20th, 30th days are Rare Drop Rate and 10th, 15th and 25th and Experience Gain.

You can force the main effect to be guarunteed with a Main Effect (Fix) item. The cost of these items fluctuate based on how recent or how near a Rare Drop Rate main effect day is.

3) And I suppose crafter level influences the values, should I find someone with a higher level to do this?
    Yes, higher craft level confers a small boost to Great Success chances. Having the Timed Ability Maker (or was it Builder) installed in the room also helps. Great Success guaruntees either a maxed Sub Effect or procs a Additional effect, otherwise you'd be 5 ATK short of the Sub Effect max or without an Additional Effect.

For EQ (Tundra generic 3 for Xmas, Desert generic 3 for TrickTreat) I tend to seek other players who have it maxed out.

Thanks.
    So, even the stats time out and only work in the specific quest I selected?

That sounds like a real bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Thanks.
    So, even the stats time out and only work in the specific quest I selected?

That sounds like a real bother.
    it's a real bother indeed
    some small stats boost only on the selected map

i get them only for rare drop boost

Pretty bothersome and needlessly convoluted.

However, at 7% RDR per ability, it's 21% more rare drop rate for a given quest.

I myself use Arks Fleet for Profound Darkness / Elder / Loser / Darker Den / Mothership EQs and City Advance quests.

I also have Shironia for Magatsu EQ, although it seems like I get the same amount of rares with or without.

I knew 1 time when 1 of my friends do a Coast Arks time ability and great success for a RDR lv3 but with + 65 Tatk great success on a unit part. (he plays newman ranged though)

And then suddenly an great demand rises in her quarters.

Anyway, I see 3 slots to insert boosting items before the time ability update option, what can be used inside those?