Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481 ... LastLast

I would say get good with sword unless you were planning to Marron bomb anyways. Doesn't switching from sword remove gear? I know it at least removes Sac Bite. Hunter Gear Save is probably the least useful one. If you're that worried, run with 300% Hunter Gear Boost. Adrenaline ring is definitely cool with Su sub, I would take that over Gear Save, but I would also consider the Just Guard Sonic Arrow Ring if you want free damage while guarding and restoring pp. Honestly, I don't get to use it as much anymore with charge parry buff, so maybe not..

I would definitely get Perfect Keeper ring, you can always megiverse yourself and take one swing to get the 3% damage back.

Switching from sword removes Sacrifice Bite. Gear will deplete over time while it isn't equipped as you're not attacking anything to keep it topped up. This is one of the more awkward parts about Hunter Sword at is makes frequent weapon-swapping impractical.

For Hu/Su I'm confused why there's such a push for using Maron as Hunter main. What does Maron offer that a Sword or other Hunter weapons wouldn't? As I don't really know what pets could offer a Hunter/Summoner (aside a Popple built for PP recovery but anyone can use that) I can't really comment on that.

Hunter/Summoner is a fun build but it's really kind of weak compared to the meta HuFi and more niche HuBr Dragonslayer. You essentially need to use Point Assist and Support Fire on bosses and its only with that up that your damage can start to compare to HuFi at all (if you're hitting the right hitbox). The main draw to the build is it's absurdly tanky, to the point where you can ignore even some raid-wipe mechanics entirely.

It's late for me so I won't be writing a long post on this, but something to remember is you don't have TAJA to worry about as HuSu which does change your DPS rotations considerably (and also makes Partizan worse because you won't have TAJA PP Save to make Graptor combos cheaper). So just spamming Rising Edge, Ride Slasher etc is perfectly valid DPS with this combo (which PA to spam when is something you just have to learn, largely. For the love of god don't just spam Twister Fall 0 for everything).

L ring suggestions are largely on point, but you may want to consider PP Convert or Attack Advance for R rings. Sword normals are still pretty strong even on HuSu so it's nice to have that additional attack power when out of PP!

For a Guard Stance HuSu I'd suggest something like this:
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00fdBIb0000008
    Again I'm tired so I may need to review this when I'm more awake.
    I'm actually not even sure you need Automate seeing as you are so durable that when you do need to heal, well, you're a Summoner so you can just Resta or Megiverse. That said, you may want to keep it to help you cope with especially heavy pressure. It's a shame Hunter is a difficult class to max out the interesting skills on as it needs so much SP just for the basics...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCast Boy View Post
    Good thing Melon/Marron Shield counts as guard to trigger GSAdvance which makes it easy to use Guard Stance.
    :thonk:

Unless they changed this before EP5 dropped, bomb Shield doesnt trigger GSA.

Maron only counts as a block if an attack hits YOU. If it stops at maron then it won't count as a block. I don't see how that could be more practical as a Hu/Su than just guarding normally anyway.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 18, 2017 at 07:48 PM.

So having a look at the swiki I'm confused a bit as to how DPS is being calculated on Twister Fall (and TF0). I admit I never really bothered to use the PA much since it felt clunky, but I do recall each of the shockwaves having their own hitbox. I can't really see more than one of them hitting on something like Deus or Mother weakspots.

I've typically just used Partizan for PP dumping on weakspots (and probably still will), but knowing Sword might have something too would be nice.

So will it really pull 1226 DPS? Or is that assuming every shockwave hits? 'Cause that's higher than IP, something seems off there to me. I've started to play around with it using Rising>TF0 for TAJA (or Stun Concide>TF0 if I'm already in the air)

Swiki's DPS numbers can be confusing, like I'm not convinced it makes sense to the natives let alone anyone depending on machine translation. As far as I'm told, it's based on it being used mid-air which skips a chunk of the animation (thus increasing its DPS). The main issue with Twister Fall is while it does hit pretty hard if all the hitboxes land that's a pretty big if. The attack is a bit like inverse Hatou in that the closer shock-waves deal more damage but you still want all the hit-boxes to land to get reasonable DPS out of it. There are very few enemies where you'll be able to pull this off and even in those situations the damage it does pales in comparison to Graptor or Holding Current.

So yeah, sorry for the wordy reply but the tl;dr is yes it's if all the shockwaves hit and if you use it mid-air.

Alrighty, so my idea was in the right place. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Seems to work pretty well on Anga, at least when it's not moving around as much. Definitely felt lackluster against other bosses though (like Dio).

Of course, it still gets BTFO by walls and any cutoffs in elevation. Probably worthless against something like PD.

Man, and here I was hoping to really improve my sword game...

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    There;s a few combos that work, it largely depends on the situation you're up against.

Good burst is Graptor -> Slide End -> Assault Buster -> Bandersnatch. Expensive, but very strong. The timing is also rather tight, so if you get hit with any hitstun stuff you'll likely flub it.

DPS Graptor -> Trick Rave or Bandersnatch but Trick Rave doesn't have a dance anim so you wont get 30pp back for letting it finish. It does recover Partizan Gear though

Graptor -> Slide End -> Trick Rave or Bandersnatch (the latter is better DPP by far if you let it dance)

Graptor -> Zenith is probably still the best DPP vs Magatsu that Partizan can offer but I haven't run a Magatsu in months so I haven't gotten to try it. It also doesn't move you around like Trick Rave or Bandersnatch does and you know I just don't trust myself to not fall off the platform.

There's something to be said about Graptor -> Tears Grid (final hit only) into other PAs to give really high numbers but idk I find it impractical. Speed Rain can help for hitting particularly mobile things.

If you can, let Graptor dance before you do a followup as it'll gain back 30pp making the effective cost of Graptor only 10. Basically if you need to do burst damage don't let PAs dance if you need to do DPS let them dance cause Partizan nomals are still kinda bad at PP recovery.

You'll want JG/Rising Flag, use it to interrupt Bandersnatch and some other PAs with a Just-Guard and then let that dance for a lot of PP back (it does OK damage too).

That all said, if you're maining Fighter there are better DPS options available to you anyway

That very helpful, Thank you very much !!

I am aware that Hu/Su is just kind of a fun build. I don't care much about
    being a top dps, especialy because it is just a secondary character.

Also, I am probably going with fury stance + flash guards anyway.

I liked being Husu because I didnt have to rely in the brave and wise stance conditionals for damage, specially in mobby places like Ultimate. The HP regen was incredibly broken too, to the point automate felt useless for me, though I it was nice being able to throw yourself at danger and come back with minimal mates used.

But after they made the HP restore a ring, and made fi stance give a 30% bonus even if you dont hit the matching side, the only thing Husu have left is being able to use Techs, along with some base def and dex. I never had a need for resta myself thanks to regen, but even if I did, there are some global weapons that allow you to use it. Only thing I miss is being able to ilzonde for traveling(though they revamped several pas for that) and Anti.

I guess I am just curious what made you decide to try Husu at this time.