Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279 ... LastLast

I'll probably have Guard Stance on my spare tree. Guard Stance + S-ATK Up seems to be the way to go for solo bossing, but Fury Stance is still best otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I'll probably have Guard Stance on my spare tree. Guard Stance + S-ATK Up seems to be the way to go for solo bossing, but Fury Stance is still best otherwise.
    Also JA Bonus 1, 2.

Has anyone did extensive testing on partizans?

I kind of tested them for a bit with the Episode 5 adjustments, and I have to say SEGA seems to want partizan to be played completely different from how it is used prior.

- for one thing, the reduced charged time and the 60% copied damage on non-charged Vol Graptor seems to show that they now want partizan users to incorporate charging Vol into its standard use.
    - while 40PP doesn't 'hurt' as much as 50PP adjustment for Banish, it still significantly stifles partizan's DPS potential, worsened further by the reduced number of combo hits since you'd be wasting a few moments charging Vol first.
    - the adjusted PA damage themselves are quite noticeable, so that's a positive point in partly minimizing the weapon's reliance on Vol Graptor I guess.

It's still a mystery for me though. The way I see it, Partizan has never been abusable (the way it was before) in a long while, so I see no technical reason (at least from my perspective) for SEGA to nerf Vol and Banish this hard.

Would anyone have an idea why? I'd certainly be thrilled to get a solid explanation.

To make it feel less clunky to play and can more reliably handle faster bosses, much like Sword. It can implement a guarding playstyle better. That was the purpose of the balance.
    Except now, Sword doesn't have a big burst tool to empty all their PP in. This combined with Hero release will make sword hu much less popular

Sword has been much weaker compared to Partizan and WL since a while when it comes to single target DPS. The only problem is that when Partizan has tweaked damage on PAs that aren't volg it's most probably also not worse at mobbing.

Having only good damage be in the form of a parry PA is a somewhat shit deal with how inflexible and weak IP has always been compared to Maron pre nerf. Once the boss is stunned Sword has just bad damage.

Is there still need for vol graptor? With the massive pp cost and lowered damage wouldn't it be better to simply use another pa?
    Even if Vol Graptor is still worth using, how much damage do you lose if you don't use it?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

it depends on the window of opportunity you have to deal damage; if you only got like 5 seconds to pile it on, it might still be best to open a combo with it

What a good combo after used Vol graptor ? I'm play Fi but in some situations I want to use patisan.

You could use vol graptor as a guard PA.since charge parry frames are super forgiving and the PP regain is +20pp from a guard.

I still find vol/zenith fun to do since zenith gives you the PP back from the partisan spin before you even get to the JA.
    Spoiler!

There;s a few combos that work, it largely depends on the situation you're up against.

Good burst is Graptor -> Slide End -> Assault Buster -> Bandersnatch. Expensive, but very strong. The timing is also rather tight, so if you get hit with any hitstun stuff you'll likely flub it.

DPS Graptor -> Trick Rave or Bandersnatch but Trick Rave doesn't have a dance anim so you wont get 30pp back for letting it finish. It does recover Partizan Gear though

Graptor -> Slide End -> Trick Rave or Bandersnatch (the latter is better DPP by far if you let it dance)

Graptor -> Zenith is probably still the best DPP vs Magatsu that Partizan can offer but I haven't run a Magatsu in months so I haven't gotten to try it. It also doesn't move you around like Trick Rave or Bandersnatch does and you know I just don't trust myself to not fall off the platform.

There's something to be said about Graptor -> Tears Grid (final hit only) into other PAs to give really high numbers but idk I find it impractical. Speed Rain can help for hitting particularly mobile things.

If you can, let Graptor dance before you do a followup as it'll gain back 30pp making the effective cost of Graptor only 10. Basically if you need to do burst damage don't let PAs dance if you need to do DPS let them dance cause Partizan nomals are still kinda bad at PP recovery.

You'll want JG/Rising Flag, use it to interrupt Bandersnatch and some other PAs with a Just-Guard and then let that dance for a lot of PP back (it does OK damage too).

That all said, if you're maining Fighter there are better DPS options available to you anyway
    Last edited by Raujinn; Nov 13, 2017 at 07:38 AM.