Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370 ... LastLast

Fully charge Guilty Break for damage.
    Fully charge Rising Edge always besides very specific situations.
    Ride Slasher is used mostly for big bosses when you can hit all 4 hits on the enemies and is kinda okay for moving through groups of weak mobs or big mobs that also get hit by 3/4 hits.
    Nova Strike you shouldn't really use on bosses unless you can't hit with everything else. Max charge it usually to just hit as many enemies as possible, albeit half charge is still very useful. Nova doesn't benefit from multiple boss parts since it will hit only one at a time.

You use Ignite Parry and press the guard button during the PA but right before an attack hits you.

Can someone explain a few things for me. In the most novice way possible, please. How does the charge parrying skill work and how valuable is it? Do people consider it both a defensive and offensive assisting skill? And rings....I do not understanding this sonic arrow ring and how it outputs damage reliably during PA combos. Are we using it like a PA? I see a lot of videos hitting such high damage with this in particular. I feel particularly weaker than I should be sometimes! >_<

I am currently running Hu/Fi, but wondering about Hu/Br. I understand the whole super strong auto attacks part....but is it overall a dps loss with everything else?

Charge Parrying skill makes you invincible during the charge part of your PAs, for as long as it's written in the description based on the points. Basically you will auto parry any attacks during your charge. It's very valuable and you generally want to put 4-5 points into it, you will be using it to continue offensive very often.

As for Sonic Arrow ring, basically when you Just Guard an attack it will immediately throw a Sonic Arrow with buffed damage compared to the real one. You're invincible for around 1 second from the moment you Just Guard. Additionally any attack besides another Sonic Arrow chained from it will be TAJA. It helps with damage output because for example you can guard at the end of your PAs after all hits are done and immediately continue offensive.

As for Hu/Br vs Hu/Fi. Hu/Fi will have a stronger damage output and be more versatile while Hu/Br with Dragon Slayer is mostly for mobbing and will lose during bosses. I don't like recommending Hu/Br because while it's generally viable it's actually worse in most situations and just using normal attacks gets boring fast and fun is the most important part here.

I heard when maxed the JG rings do some very high damage, especially Heavenly Fall?

Can one use partisan and do good DPS if so what PA combo is preferred?

Seem like Sword has (and probably always been) the do all end all
    Last edited by Dark Emerald EXE; Mar 22, 2017 at 12:59 PM.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Sacred Scewer T0 does pretty good damage ,long range...
    bandersnatch is good for its low cost pp and how fast and easy to cancel out... Assualt Buster + Speed Rain + Tear Grind is usually my combo against mobs... volg combos if simple ones like combo with pick up throw for decent damage and low pp cost or sacred scewer if against movy enemy/bosses.
    Last edited by BlueCast Boy; Mar 22, 2017 at 01:13 PM.

Tears Grid against mobs?
    Costs too much pp.
    Peak Up / Zenith throw is great for mobs, high damage and low pp cost and even the first half does about the same damage as Speedrain in that time frame but is cheaper. Though of course has a much smaller aoe.

Sacred Skewer T0 is very nice, but the pp cost is very high. Also, doesn't seem like the old volg > skewer > skewer combo still works cause it charges too long.
    That combo was good damage against bosses that are too far away or move a lot (like Gryphon).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Tears Grid against mobs?
    Costs too much pp.
    Peak Up / Zenith throw is great for mobs, high damage and low pp cost and even the first half does about the same damage as Speedrain in that time frame but is cheaper. Though of course has a much smaller aoe.

Sacred Skewer T0 is very nice, but the pp cost is very high. Also, doesn't seem like the old volg > skewer > skewer combo still works cause it charges too long.
    That combo was good damage against bosses that are too far away or move a lot (like Gryphon).
    You sure?
    I manage to get both t-0 skewers in before the vol blows up most the time
    Spoiler!

Perhaps fps drop i guess, it can be an issue and mess up your volg combos because of lag...

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    You sure?
    I manage to get both t-0 skewers in before the vol blows up most the time
    Well it's definitely slower than uncrafted, so it's a matter of not charging a moment too long and not wasting any time with the ja either.

And yes, I am pretty laggy at the moment, during some eqs it feels like ep 2 again.