Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 286875767778798081 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Well, last time I checked it's not ep 2 anymore so why is anyone still recommending Holding Current?

It requires too much precision and only works if you are really good at it AND the target is not moving AND you are in no risk to get interrupted. If you are not at the perfect distance but just a few millimetres off the dps will drop quite a lot and even at perfect distance it's weaker than Heavenly Fall which has a very short animation and can be chained / taja'd easily.
    Fall has low range but it doesn't have to be perfect so just being close means you'll hit for full damage. Oh and it has good dpp, not as good as current but easily good enough that you can spam it.

Oh and Kaiser Rise is extremely important cause it maxes gear and WL gear gives a 30% damage boost. So you'll have to use it relatively often to maintain gear.
    because it's still WL's only burst dmg

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Well, last time I checked it's not ep 2 anymore so why is anyone still recommending Holding Current?

It requires too much precision and only works if you are really good at it AND the target is not moving AND you are in no risk to get interrupted. If you are not at the perfect distance but just a few millimetres off the dps will drop quite a lot and even at perfect distance it's weaker than Heavenly Fall which has a very short animation and can be chained / taja'd easily.
    Fall has low range but it doesn't have to be perfect so just being close means you'll hit for full damage. Oh and it has good dpp, not as good as current but easily good enough that you can spam it.

Oh and Kaiser Rise is extremely important cause it maxes gear and WL gear gives a 30% damage boost. So you'll have to use it relatively often to maintain gear.
    But you can't get interrupted out of Holding Current.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    WL builds are usual HU builds, with Automate being a lot more essential due to WL being forced to facetank in many situations.

PAs :
    -Adapt Spin 5PP, great travel PA, great freedom of movement to set other PAs, superb TAJA opener due to the fast JA window, and even has generous invul. Should be your most used PA despite iit doing a negligible amount of damage on its own.
    -Other Cyclone 0. solid DPS, very solid DPP, big area of effect with some movement. This is your go-to to melt mini-bosses and/or tougher mobs. Caveat is you're locked in the spin animation for at least some time, so you'll eat a lot of damage.
    -Holding Current : the mash to win. solid burst, nice damage, but similar to other cyclone, locks you into the animation, forcing you to facetank, and require specific spacing and/or slow enemies to work correctly
    -Heavenly Fall, a faster evasive PA with solid damage against bosses.
    -Kaiser Rise, WL's projectile, kind of on the weak side but is useful for building gear and dealing with ranged enemies
    Special mentions to some other more situational PAs like Grapple Charge (another cool bossing PA) Other Spin (for grouping up mobs) and Air pocket Swing (to gain height)

most people go for Atra EX WL with Gunslash S4 (with or without Automate, depending on your HP pool and needs) to be able to sustain WL facetanking. S2 Sturdy recovery on any WL only supporting SSA 1-3 is a decent alternative.
    Hey you dont know shit about anything, where is your forever loner????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    Hey you dont know shit about anything, where is your forever loner????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????
    I huh dunno whether it's a troll or not but sure lol

It's a byproduct of toxicity, can be safely ignored and continue the discussion.

The last I heard, the best Endless 1 score for Hu was ~30M, so nobody has gotten Forever Loner as Hu. And dont_talk_to_me knows that (better than I do).
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    It's a byproduct of toxicity, can be safely ignored and continue the discussion.
    No actual discussion going on here though. You're pretty toxic for not getting that buddy

It was a misquote for that idiot who said holding current is useless because either word of mouth or the almighty swiki said so (which gets things wrong all the time). Zephyrion was pretty much spot on.

If you are going to spread information with that much conviction, at least provide some visual proof of yourself doing so or showing an example of someone doing that over holding current on a downed boss. In fact, I will do that right now:
    https://youtu.be/LHQHt12YgUk?t=41

P.S the highest endless score is 48mil for Hunter atm since Haruki has joined the scene and has been grinding endless like crazy. Give him a look. https://twitter.com/Clone417

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

other spin into bind through has always been pretty fun to pull off, provided the pack of enemies survive long enough, and seems to deal decent enough damage given that you're not in everything's face like with other cyclone 0. it could be worth considering if there's like a pack of yuga goldies in front of you, which would be A Bad(but badass) Idea to just jump in and other cyclone 0

if you go to use APS you want to break lock anyway since if you swing past your target, the game will try to make you turn to face your target even though you're moving backward, which I think is where I think I see most people take issue with the PA (outside of any dps reasons).
    if you want to steer yourself while using Air Pocket Swing: enter over-the-shoulder aim mode. it controls like rideroids do. have you ever gotten into a rideroid and swapped OUT of the over-the-shoulder aim mode? hahah yeah.... they control waaay worse....

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    No actual discussion going on here though. You're pretty toxic for not getting that buddy

It was a misquote for that idiot who said holding current is useless because either word of mouth or the almighty swiki said so (which gets things wrong all the time). Zephyrion was pretty much spot on.
    I did take the post seriously cause it sounded like a sick asshole and therefore it's like you're defending that idiot, so my bad for not getting the joke. I don't think it's toxic, I was defending Zeph, if it is indeed serious, cause your nickname is so suspicious I almost thought it's that idiot trying to use fake account to further look down upon Zeph.

That's fair enough, I'm used to the reply being at the top hence why I got the wrong person.