Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 256572737475767778 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    Rising flag t0 to close the distance, or Volg+ Sacred Skewer T0 for range attacks. Volg + Speed rain X2 is another option for range volg combos. I prefer volg>ass buster >trick wave for more mobile targets, but thats just me.
    Nice thank you Tunga!
    I did find a detailed guide dated 2015 https://drifterserce.wordpress.com/2...bo-exhibition/
    i'm hoping its still relevant what with all the balance changes. :v
    I'm really excited to learn about partisan honestly and just improve in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    I recommend one of this 2 tree:

Fury Stance:
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...000dBIb0000008

Guard Stance:
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...000dBIb0000008

Choice your better style
    ok thanks. One more question. With ignition parry when is it possible to block? Is it at any time during the PA or only during the beginning of each slash or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    What would you recommend for a boss that moves ALOT? (mothers hands for example) because I have a tough time doing vol combos to the point where my damage ends up being absolute pants compared to what it should be. I'm new at hunter and everything so I'm sure a good chunk of it is down to my finesse and how well I carry the class but would you say the learning curve for hunter is pretty high for bossing, especially bosses that move alot. Do you have any recommendations? because I would love to improve.
    Sword generally does a better job against mobile targets, mainly because Guilty Break being a gap closer that does so much hurt is a huge help, but you can also do reasonably well as partizan. While I outlined the key combos, you"ll have to learn to adapt on the fly when doing Volg combo. Like if you start a normal combo against a dragon leg, and suspect he will move away, you'd better ditch the rest of the combo and replace by Speed Rain, rising Flag 0 or Sacred Skewer as Tunga mentioned. Still, sometimes it's better to just delay Volg activation and wait for a better window, as the projectile itself stays up for a long time when not triggered

For visual cue, A good solo part run of Doragon. It's not Mother's hand but the same logic applies imo

EDIT : Welp, sorry but that guide is fairly outdated and was mostly about FI/HU part gameplay back when it was THE way to play partizan. Most PAs got their multiplier looked at with EP5, pushing Slide End, Rising Flag 0 and Assault Buster on top DPS wise. Additionally, Sacred Swewer 0 can't be used in combos like the uncrafted version (a.k.a put it at the start of literally any combo as the actual hit would always happen after your next PA). The PP increase cost for Volg also pushed back Zenith combo since it made Volg so expensive that you might as well try to squeeze the most of it if your PP allows it.

PP used to be a heavy problem, but balance changes gave us PP regen on post moves dances, which is absolutely huge to sustain harder hitting combos. It's 10PP for normal dance and 30PP for PA dance. Those fall under PP natural regen, so they are multiplied by PP regen boosters like Ketos, Anti-treatment and PP convert ring (the latter literally triples the amount of PP regained by dance, therefore being a must-have for stuns/longer expositions). We also got just Guard PP gain, which is a 20PP shot per attack blocked. Charge parry + All guard can actually soak an infinite number of attacks as long they are within the parry windows, meaning that you can exploit bosses patterns to get a sizeable amount of PP to help you in your volg rotations (heavy multi-hitting stuff like Gruezoras laser crystal attacks or Apprentice/Loser Hand patterns come to mind)

Sorry for the very lengthy post and hope it can help !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Mar 19, 2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    ok thanks. One more question. With ignition parry when is it possible to block? Is it at any time during the PA or only during the beginning of each slash or what?
    Need use guard button in that PA before receiving dmg (3 change times for duration PA, need you hear the sound effect)
    ,work in front only.

my english may have inconsistencies, sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Still, sometimes it's better to just delay Volg activation and wait for a better window, as the projectile itself stays up for a long time when not triggered
    Yeah I actually looked up Vol Graptor again after you said that and it's 10 seconds up-time and then 3 seconds after your first hit, which is interesting and will definitely help me with timing as stupid me thought it was 10 seconds across the board, must have misread on my initial reading of the description.

PP used to be a heavy problem, but balance changes gave us PP regen on post moves dances, which is absolutely huge to sustain harder hitting combos. It's 10PP for normal dance and 30PP for PA dance.
    So would you suggest TAJAing after the dance? I never did that because I thought it would take far too much time but then again I clearly know very little about how hunter works in general.

I see many, many issues in my performance actually now. I was TAJAing but I was not dancing so I would do an initial burst of damage per combo but then I had an enormous amount of down time as a result and I would too often have 0 PP left, which is a huge problem and makes it impossible to maintain sustainability.

I mean, for example at a mother mpa yesterday that I tested it on I was only getting 1m-3m damage where the median damage from others was around 7-8m - and with fairly decent gear like mine that means that there is definitely something wrong with what I'm doing and it needed to be addressed before I participated in any more mpas with that setup.

Parrying was difficult originally while I was using the 2-button setup but I have actually now switched to 3-button to combat this so I can PICK my PAs now instead of relying on what I've set up, and I have to say, charge parrying is really really overpowered and fun to use.

You've been a great help, you seem to know exactly what you're talking about so I've taken everything you've said on board. It's just a shame there isn't a great place to test it without being an nuisance to others, I suppose I could try solo PD but that consumes so many badges over time.
    Last edited by Electrochemist; Mar 19, 2018 at 01:31 PM.

Does having the Partisan rising flag JG ring relax the relatively short guard frames of the partisan weapon action?
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Does having the Partisan rising flag JG ring relax the relatively short guard frames of the partisan weapon action?
    nope, it just does Rising flag on successful guard xD

What is the best sword PA for single target damage?

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrregular View Post
    What is the best sword PA for single target damage?
    Sadly answer is really not simple

Ignite parry with an early successful guard is by far the best DPS, if all hits connect, It's then followed by Twister fall, but you need the two hits of the final wave to connect (only works against specific hitboxes, otherwise it's a lot lower than the rest. All other PAs do roughly the same DPS, and it boils down to using the right PA for the right situation. (Rising Slash for tall targets, Ride Slasher for longer ones, Cruel Throw or Over End for stunned bosses on which you can't TAJA into the aforementioned PAs due to them missing, Stun Concido for when you need a very fast TAJA, notably into Ignite Parry, and so on)

Highest DPS for sword is pre-fire Over end so that something comes into the last 3 hits, but that's as situational as any pre-fire PA in the game.

TL;DR the best single target damage for Sword is the one that works for the situation you're in
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Mar 21, 2018 at 09:13 PM.

Sadly answer is really not simple

Ignite parry with an early successful guard is by far the best DPS, if all hits connect, It's then followed by Twister fall, but you need the two hits of the final wave to connect (only works against specific hitboxes, otherwise it's a lot lower than the rest. All other PAs do roughly the same DPS, and it boils down to using the right PA for the right situation. (Rising Slash for tall targets, Ride Slasher for longer ones, Cruel Throw or Over End for stunned bosses on which you can't TAJA into the aforementioned PAs due to them missing, Stun Concido for when you need a very fast TAJA, notably into Ignite Parry, and so on)

Highest DPS for sword is pre-fire Over end so that something comes into the last 3 hits, but that's as situational as any pre-fire PA in the game.

TL;DR the best single target damage for Sword is the one that works for the situation you're in
    That's a more datailed and informative reply than I expected, thanks!

I have another question, is it really worth to have massive hunter?
    Last edited by TheIrregular; Mar 21, 2018 at 11:52 PM.