Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

i thought hes pretty funny

I think you are pretty good too. Wanna become Hunter?

but im already the best fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
    Got few questions for you guys, as a player who stopped at the start of EP2 and just came back for EP4:
    1) I was pretty much a sword user only back in EP1, so I must admit I have no idea how effective partisans and wirelances are. What are the usual PA for both of them?
    Falco has already answered this. Generally Sword is your go-to for mobbing but Partizan has some solid mobbing capability too. Wired Lance has mobbing ability but most of it will just annoy the rest of the MPA and it isn't as good as Sword or Partizan for it anyway. Partizan as said is gonna be your main bosser, but it isn't always the best choice. If you're serious I would suggest practising Ignite Parrying or Charge Parrying as it will make the more aggressive bosses much easier to handle. Ignite has fairly tight timing on it but the payoff for landing it is phenominal.

2) after reading posts left and right, it seems Sword is pretty weaksauce compared to Partisans and Wirelances due to how long it takes to have the gear + sacrifice bite along with the slow wind up for most of the moves.
    Just take Fury Gear to help with this. Sonic Arrow I believe is currently the best gear-builder. It can still be a pain in particularly fast MPAs tho.

3) if I understood correctly, crafted red series weapon is a good start. Do you keep them until you manage to grind enough for Invade/Austere series or transitions between both are possible? I must admit the damage variance with crafted red series is really bothersome as far as I could play with a red sword with potential 1.

I think if it's Ex12+ you shouldn't be having variance issues. Beyond that, you're probably OK to stick to Red Sword until you can get Invade, Orbit or Seiga Sword. I would honestly advise going for Seiga if you can, as it's gonna be the most reliable one to shoot for. Austere is the strongest sure, but getting the Caligula is a serious pain in the rear.

Current skill tree looks like this. Still have 12 SP left in Fi, but not too sure if dual stance is actually a thing.
    For Fighter, max out both Brave and Wise stance and Ups for each. Max out PP Slayer, max out Tech Arts JA Bonus. Tech Arts PP is.. maybe? It's saving PP and you'll be satisfying Tech Arts a bunch. Up to you if you want to put points into Fighter weapon gears. Dagger is kinda useful in places, but again idk if I can say for sure. The rest goes into S-atk 2 and/or 3.

The reason having both stances is good is for some bosses attacking from behind is a much quicker way to dispatch them and Wise is a much bigger boost than Brave. You will be benefiting from Brave in most places though.

For Hunter, consider taking Charge Parrying. It's an insanely good skill once you get used to it. Take Healing Guard, Just Guard PP Gain and All Guard. Personally I'd recommend Automate over Iron Will but up to you. I'm actually wondering about dropping Automate myself as Charge Parrying is just that solid...

1 point is probably enough for Hunter Gear, though if you still find you're struggling you can throw the rest in there, it doesn't really hurt.

There's likely stuff I'm forgetting.. my word isn't law of course these are just my suggestions.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Feb 5, 2016 at 02:28 PM.

Yes, sureeee. At least there are almost no Hunters on my ship so I can be 100% certain of my statement unlike you.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Yes, sureeee. At least there are almost no Hunters on my ship so I can be 100% certain of my statement unlike you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seVdI6FGjk0

Good Swordsmen seem to only exist on ship 10. Since I can't duel them like a man it's safer to assume I am just better.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Good Swordsmen seem to only exist on ship 10. Since I can't duel them like a man it's safer to assume I am just better.
    UD is on ship 2 so uhhh

I have only seen TAs on his youtube account and isn't he playing Sword just as hobby anyway? It's not like I am on 2 anyway.

This entire game is a hobby.