Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Bo/Fi would probably be okay anyway. Brave + Critical Fighter is still almost the same modifier as the whole Fury tree and it would at the very least need to watch out for Brave or combo PAs to get TAJA. Sword gear is okay as a concept except for the fact that Sword is disgusting at gear level 0 and only gets okay at max. And Sword is really not the weapon to need more super-armor or damage resist, it needs pure damage.

Sword being hard to achieve high DPS with compared to other melee weapons is definitely intended. Any more damage on the easier-to-use PAs and it will be way too good.

It's not only hard to achieve it but also impossible if the boss decides to just forget about attacking and get stunned. It's not like there aren't many classes that are way too good in the game anyway. Was it intended too? Sword deserves to be a little OP if only because sacrifice bite and gear boost have no affinity with weapon switching on top of Sword alone eating way too many PA palettes.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    It's not only hard to achieve it but also impossible if the boss decides to just forget about attacking and get stunned. It's not like there aren't many classes that are way too good in the game anyway. Was it intended too? Sword deserves to be a little OP if only because sacrifice bite and gear boost have no affinity with weapon switching on top of Sword alone eating way too many PA palettes.
    The thing about Sword being OP, I do have some experience with it due to playing in SEA server during the Ep3 damage value on ep2 mechanic.
    Example: Rising Edge dealing 20k damage upward on 0 gear or Over End hitting 100k dmg on weakpoint (and I only used a mere 50 ele +10 Lambda Aristene, having around 1k8 s-atk with shifta tonic ex). Of course, it can't compare to the broken Br/Hu in the same period but it does it works.
    Changing to JP server, seeing Sword damage being halved despite using better gear is kinda make me doesn't wanna play Sword anymore.

I don't think sword needs to do more damage, I feel it does plenty. The issue during MPAs is more with its speed and the fact it needs to wind-up in order to get to its full potential. Even with max fury gear it can sometimes be difficult to get this, depending somewhat on your MPA. For solo play I think it's fine.

Essentially it's the dedication required for sword that puts people off it I believe. You need to Sacrifice Bite, which goes when you swap weapon. Then you need to build gear, and it's a heat-type which means it wears off over time if you're not hitting anything or again if you swap weapon. If you do manage to get a full sacrifice bite PA off however you should already get max gear or near it if you took Fury Gear.

For bosses you're generally better off using Ideal graptor-zenith. I want to say Holding Current is better DPS against bosses too than most of what Sword offers, assuming you can land it on a good target. I tend to like using that on Ult Agnis too cause fuck chasing birds around with a sword.

Sword is best used on groups of HP sponges (XH golds and UQ lili mobs for ex). Partizan and WL for bossing or for killing shitty mobs faster.

Slide Shaker > Nova Strike for ULT/XH, not sure about Over End tho

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    Slide Shaker > Nova Strike for ULT/XH, not sure about Over End tho
    Sanic arrow>Over end(or crafted twister) is a good tajab combo since it got buffed.

Why would anyone waste 25 points of precious PeePee and no damage on setting up TAJA for Over End when you can do it naturally with any of the gapclosers not wasting any time and dealing more damage at that.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Why would anyone waste 25 points of precious PeePee and no damage on setting up TAJA for Over End when you can do it naturally with any of the gapclosers not wasting any time and dealing more damage at that.
    Sonic arrow apparently fills a lot of gear now, I haven't tried it at all since it got buffed though, I kept forgetting, and I barely play hunter main. ._.