Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269 ... LastLast

Man, when you use Fi as a subclass there is SO much free points to spent. If you wont go for dual stances at least. How do you deal with it?

Max Chase Advance, add status effects to weapons, own mobs faster.

I just shove shit into S-ATK Up and hope for the best. Chase Advance has pretty hard diminishing returns after the first point, and I never really find clean places to use both stances outside of PI.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Am pretty new at playing sword Hu...and Hu overall so
    Is there any real dmg difference between Br/Fi sub aside that Fi sub asks to deal with brave stance to max dmg and Br don't while you can abuse normal attacks with sac bite T0 ?
    I started playing Fi sub some time ago and never bothered with Br sub until I started to want to level my TAppsave ring. So, with this ring I have one of the perk which made me chose Fi over Br BUT Br have ALSO sac bite which do ridiculous dmg to the point I was wondering what to chose btw normal JA or using PA for Falz Arms (for example)

Both subs are good at their own things

BR sub gets incredible normals with sac bite type 0 + Attack Advance as you've said, so you'll primarily use it to safely own tons of mobs with the huge AoE of your slashes.
    FI sub has tons of damage boosting skills (brave stance, tech arts, PP Slayer) that all are easy to proc as sword HU : You lose normal damage but gain incredible damage for your PAs, meaning your mobbing won't be quite on par with BR sub, but bossing will be made much much easier.

well to add onto that just stick with fi sub now because step ja ring comes out after maint

Thanks for your answers. After playing/testing a bit more, I prefer Fi even if my tree is probably not optimale for Hu main. Too bad sac bite effect look so nice with Astra sword
    Also I still digg what 12* unit to replace/enhance my current Kaiser/Orbit set (fremium). Loss of PP or dmg with whatever 12* units I have and with only 18m in bank for 3 characters...Too much stuff to grind/affix at once with latest updates we got
    Maybe I'll change orbit for ray...

Still use AA,you can just nab the attack advance ring and shortcut it into your sword.
    /sr L/JGSonicArrow /sr R/AttackAdvance /mpal1 (If your sword is on weapon palette 1,but change the 1 to whatever you want your sword on)
    do ring equip shortcuts for other weapon and you can mix and match them to your preference without slapping them onto a 12* unit
    Spoiler!

Haven't used sword in a long time and I wasn't particularly good at the game back when I used it regularly, which was probably back when I first started.

I've gone through the PAs and read through some pages on this thread to get an idea on what to use, but I'm really looking for some usage tips. After watching a video of a boss rush, tell me if I'm understanding this right:
    -Sacrifice Bite to buff
    -Guilty Break for catching up to a target and being used as your "all purpose" damage PA, charged one stage
    -Semi charged rising edge on bosses when opportune
    -Ride Slasher when you got multiple targets, enemy groups or boosting gear
    -Nova strike to knockback clumped together enemies or when boss parts are close together (or when they need to specifically be struck repeatedly)
    -Charged Rising Edge -> Overend for downed/slow moving bosses

Still not quite sure how Ignition Parry works, and I haven't quite twigged how much to charge at any given moment, but this is what I've come to understand so far.
    Zeta Guranz is the bane of my existence.