Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582 ... LastLast

I mean you won;t be top DPS as a HuSu or a Hu/anything right now (though HuFi can do impressive DPS if played well, it can't compare to Gu, Ra, Fi, Br or even Bo). That said, might as well get the most you can out of it!

As said before, Hunter's tree is pretty hard to take all that many skills due to how much SP their core stuff eats up and it's worse for Fury than it is for Guard. The upside of Fury is you don't need to land Just-Guards every 40s so its much more MPA friendly (though you probably shouldn't ever be bringing a HuSu to an MPA). If you're soloing mostly, then Guard Stance is better honestly, especially if you're using Sword most of the time.

I mean... here's at least a pair of base trees for Hunter for each stance:

Guard Stance:
    https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...000dBIb0000008
    Fury Stance:
    https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...000dBIb0000008

Guard leaves you with 30 SP to spend while Fury leaves you with a measly 15. You can gain a couple more if you want to just specialize in Sword. Obviously up to you how you wanna spend em either way you go, just seein as it costs money to change your mind its good to know what you're gettin yourself into.

Personally I don't recommend Flash Guard for Hu main, nor Massive Hunter (charge parry and Sword gives plenty of super-armor already) or Iron Will. Automate is up to you. I'd recommend maxing S-atk ups (if Guard Stance) as it'll boost your Shifta and other attack buffs. Only max out Warcry if you want to try tanking I guess, though fair warning aggro is sort of broken in PSO2 atm. Tech Guard is a maybe, as Guard Stance offers little defence against Techs but otherwise too expensive for Fury tree imo and I feel like attack is more important.

And yeah as the above said, part of the attraction to HuSu (and HuBr outside of DragonSlayer) was not being penalized for being out of position, which happens a lot in group content. The changes to Fi stances mean its no longer a selling point to the combo, so now the only major thing /Su grants you is ridiculous survivability and access to techs.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Nov 20, 2017 at 05:47 PM.

Yes, I am going Hu/Su because I want to be a tanky brick!

This is the skill tree I have planned btw:

https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...00fdBIb0000008

not planning to get massive hunter and at least lv1 automate halfline? those are also good survival skills especially for tanks buts its good enough to not take too much damage.
    Last edited by BlueCast Boy; Nov 20, 2017 at 09:25 PM.

At least 1 lvl on massive hunter would be useful indeed, but automate seems unnecessary imo.

Uh, never do automate unless it's maxed out.

I really don't feel you need flash tech guard, or a 2nd flash guard. I would take 5 points out of one of them for massive hunter personally. You'll get more from it, if you ever really need it.

I haven't heard or saw anything yet about people using Cruel Throw or their verdict of it on post-balance update. Is it good enough now to replace one of the staple PAs to spam on a stationary enemy or a bit niche? S-wiki's dps chart for hunter PAs aren't updated about it yet.

Unfortunately, it isn't in my opinion. Like it does decent damage and it's alright DPS but it has a wonky hitbox and is kinda slow, making it useless against enemies with smaller hitboxes or against enemies that move much. Here's a damage test of it I did:

Thing is, against hitboxes that large I believe Twister Fall's shockwaves might be overall better DPS than it. I don't use DPS parsers so I'm afraid that's as scientific as I can get.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Nov 26, 2017 at 03:24 PM.

The 14* Partizan causes your PP to go up instead of going down when you Guard an attack, and if your Partizan Gear is maxed, using your PAs while airborne doesn't eat your Gear.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Seems like this "guarding pp gain up" effect on the new partizan can be one of 3 actual effects

wonder which one it is
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

when I heard they were buffing the distance that a forward adapting spin moves you, I was concerned it would mess with how it was already spaced-out to work with the other wired lance PAs; but it looks like they are just doubleing the distance it takes you, so you can just JA out of it at the half-way point if you wanted to Heavenly Fall something you just Other Spin'd