Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 266673747576777879 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrregular View Post
    That's a more datailed and informative reply than I expected, thanks!

I have another question, is it really worth to have massive hunter?
    as HU sword main, not really, between the super armor on everything and all the guards...but it still can help while learning the class,so up to you

I've written a partizan guide since I've been getting a bunch of questions about how to play it. The other two weapons will be covered in the near future (as in 2 years time probably):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...HLB2VFMk/edit#

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    I've written a partizan guide since I've been getting a bunch of questions about how to play it. The other two weapons will be covered in the near future (as in 2 years time probably):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...HLB2VFMk/edit#
    I guess I'll do it since nobody, did it : HUGE thanks for taking the trouble, this guide is amazing and very concise while bringing pretty much everything you need to know about partisan. I reaally hope whoever can will put this link on HU's front page for it to not get lost (probably have a year or so to do that given how popular Hunter is nowadays...). Tip of the hat for you, sir

Unrelated but gratz for sub 5 part run on solo XQ ! my noob self never had a run below 7:30 while farming for Invades soooo xD
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Sep 8, 2018 at 12:38 PM.

I will begin Hunter buffs in a nutshell. PAs got damage buffs, but on the other hand Sword doesn't have 20% buff from SB, taking it into account all PAs are either stronger or the same as they were before. So a quick list is as follows (PA/final damage buff):

Ignite Parrying 25% (50% when successfully Just Guarded)
    Sacrifice Bite 0 25%
    Sonic Arrow 16.7%
    Cruel Throw 12.5%
    Rising Edge 8.3%
    Nova Strike 4.1%
    Twister Fall 4.1%
    Guilty Break 3.3%
    Over End 1.7%
    Ride Slasher 1.7%
    Stun Coincide 0%

But it's not all. Stun Coincide got speed buff from 30F (0.5 second, all values per 60FPS) to 16F (Swiki says 24F but it's most probably wrong). What it means is that SC should be doing about 2.2k DPS now. First catch is that it assumes perfect Just Attacks, but you will without doubt on average be at least a few frames slower than 16F, second catch is that it consumes about 60PP per second at that speed.

Now Rising Edge. It used to have evenly split damage between 5 hits at max charge. Now first hit of it deals 40% of PA damage, and the rest 15% each. What it means is that while 1st charge level used to deal 3 hits summing up to 60% of full PA damage, now it deals 40 + 15 + 15 = 70% of full PA damage. It also means max charge does about 1224 of notation DPS, while first charge (0.333 seconds) does 1407 DPS.

Sacrifice Bite (zero) now gives you some minor PP regen buff (forgot to check it) and recovers 45PP if you connect the second hit of the PA.

Guilty Break had charge time reduction from 20F to 10F, ending up with DPS of about 1300.

Now what it means. Ignite Parrying is really really hard hitting while before it only hard hitting, those two really's already popped solo XQ first stage done in less than half a minute as per twitter. Ignite Parrying also doesn't punish you hard for not parrying, you get 1k DPS compared to Rising Edge (max charge) doing 1224 and Over End doing about 1100. Sacrifice Bite 0 with max craft does 1060 DPS, and gives you back 25PP without considering TAJAPP, which makes it a quite good choice compared to even 3rd normal for PP maintenance. The only problem is that you can't cancel it until second hit and the PA being longer than a normal attack. Rising Edge (charge 1) into Stun Coincide apparently with perfect JA does 1.5k DPS with not completely terrible DPP, which makes it interesting choice every time you top off the PP bar and see a DPS sandbag. Now with TAJA PP the whole combo costs 17PP + 13PP. One Sacrifice Bite recovers 45PP while costing 17PP, making a combo of Rising Edge C1 -> Stun -> Sacrifice Bite almost PP neutral. Of course in a real situation you might want to do Rising Edge C1 -> Stun combo until you start running out of PP, then start throwing into rotation SB before you're completely dry. You can also do the same but with Rising Edge C1 -> Guilty Break rotation for better PP maintenance, though getting reliable 10F charges without over-holding too much might need a bit of practice.

Other than that Nova Strike starts to lag behind other PAs in damage. Nothing can really replace good AoE but when you don't need all of that range just use Rising Edge or Sonic Arrow (which now does 1250 dps). If you want to break a zondeel you most probably want Sonic Arrow -> Rising Edge C1 combo.
    Last edited by vantpers; Oct 13, 2018 at 12:06 PM.

Heres LostBobs translated Sword DPS chart (thanks UD!), very helpful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Lfw/edit#gid=0

Smile

https://i.imgur.com/Legjavt.mp4

this is so goofy.

LB Sac Bite lets me exclusively spam Stun > Rising 1 with reckless abandon. only needing to restore PP every 2-3 loops depending on the situation, giving me higher dps on average due to having overall much better dpp/sustain.

i can dig it.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Oct 13, 2018 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    But it's not all. Stun Coincide got speed buff from 30F (0.5 second, all values per 60FPS) to 16F (Swiki says 24F but it's most probably wrong). .

The reason for that is very simple. The initial Concido is 16 frames, but every Follow up Concido is 26 frames. (God knows why swiki has it as 24. I mean, i know exactly why if a 2 frame difference occurs. Because it takes two frames for the pp to be used when you use a PA and they sometimes/always(?) start from there instead of the direct beginning). Now I haven’t tested if this weird 10 frame delay happens on any other PA follow up because I’ve haven’t gotten a chance to get on again since. I also don’t know why swiki didn’t make a note of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    The reason for that is very simple. The initial Concido is 16 frames, but every Follow up Concido is 26 frames. (God knows why swiki has it as 24. I mean, i know exactly why if a 2 frame difference occurs. Because it takes two frames for the pp to be used when you use a PA and they sometimes/always(?) start from there instead of the direct beginning). Now I haven’t tested if this weird 10 frame delay happens on any other PA follow up because I’ve haven’t gotten a chance to get on again since. I also don’t know why swiki didn’t make a note of this.
    I actually managed to catch it on recording now, but only 22F Coincide. It seems to be caused due to hitstop, something like if you JA very early in the window when you still get tons of hitstop, the hitstop somehow manages to slow down even your next attack a bit. Couldn't get anything more than 17F Coincide (most probably measurement error) when doing it without hitstop. Even now looking at the recording I can see that when I hit the next JA Stun Coincide goes to its starting frame and then is frozen there for varying amount of time.
    Last edited by vantpers; Oct 14, 2018 at 04:13 AM.

okay so what's the realistic dps then vs paper dps.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    okay so what's the realistic dps then vs paper dps.
    It seems that Stun Coincide gets no benefits if you JA with perfect accuracy at frame 16, since as long as you're hitting something with it you will still be frozen for up to 26F. Of course you would always botch the JA in usual circumstances with a handful or more frames of delay, and you would always botch pretty much any other PA with JAing delay, and then you will always be a few frames later releasing the charge etc. Basically add those 6-8 missing frames to Coincide -> Rising combo, but also add some smaller 4F delay the charge part and Rising JA, then do it for every other combo and you would have a decent comparison.

That's unless by some miracle the hitstop from Stun doesn't affect charge time, then it would be a non issue with Rising -> Coincide
    Last edited by vantpers; Oct 14, 2018 at 04:33 AM.