Page 59 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269109 ... LastLast

Japanese don't really celebrate LNY. They do make a big deal out of the actual New Years' on Jan.1, practically celebrating it most Asians celebrate LNY, including the symbolic animal of the year.

Christmas is actually the throwaway holiday in Japan - an excuse to listen to Last Christmas (the last time I was there it was literally the only song I heard on the shopping streets), and eat KFC.

tweet from SEGA
    【TVアニメ『PSO2』放送日のお知らせ】今週の『PSO2 ジ アニメーション』は、各局放送休止となります。詳細はこちらをご確認ください。 http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal...imation/onair/ … Quest 06【禁じられたPSO2】は来週のオンエアです。お楽しみに! #アニメPSO2

yeah, episode 6 next week

Lunar New Year are indeed not a thing in JP. Otherwise, we would get LNY-themed lobby :v
    (well, it exist on TW/TH/SEA, but not in JP)

That being said, I do wonder what's the reason for the delay.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

OK, from what I have seen, it's not only PSO2 anime that's on a one week hiatus but other animes like Dagashi Kashi as well. It seems there's some special program going to happen soon in Japan.

Maybe they need a day off from the non existent plot animes?
    Last edited by CrossOmega; Feb 12, 2016 at 03:05 AM.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossOmega View Post
    non existent plot animes?
    Spoiler!

I hate how US only has like a 100k market for anime while JP has 5m.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

I hate how anytime I talk about anime in the West, people only know of the pervert fan service violent "blue hair" stuff.
    They don't realize that the reason they only know of that stuff is because only the stuff that'll appeal to and sell in the West gets localized.
    In reality, Japanese anime comes in all forms, for all topics and themes. They just don't localize that stuff, because it wouldn't make much money outside of Japan.
    Then there are all these idiots running around calling anything and everything "weeabo", even if it's actually American.

Ask a random Westerner what they think anime is, and they will always list the same few well-known-in-the-West animes.
    If you ask a JP person the same thing, their response will very likely be completely different.
    Case in point: I recently found out that a manga/anime I thought was well-known (as it seemed to be in the West) is actually pretty unknown in Japan. Surprise!
    Oh yeah, and of course the West still thinks anything animated has to be for kids.

Fun story a Canadian friend once shared with me:
    That friend went to see Mononoke Hime at the theater, and the Pokemon film also screening that night had sold out of tickets.
    So a bunch of parents with kids decided to see Mononoke Hime instead, because it's a "cartoon"! Has to be for kids, right?
    Nope. Immediate bloodshed and decapitation. Shock! Horror!
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 12, 2016 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I hate how anytime I talk about anime in the West, people only know of the perverse violent "blue hair" stuff.
    They don't realize that the reason they only know of that stuff is because only the stuff that'll appeal to and sell in the West gets localized... and that Japanese anime comes in all forms, for all topics.
    Then there are all these idiots running around calling anything and everything "weeabo", even if it's actually American.

Ask a random Westerner what they think anime is, and they will always list the same few animes.
    If you ask a JP person the same thing, their response will very likely be completely different.
    It's just Sturgeon's law. Like if you just compared based on quantity the good anime to the bad the bad anime would drown it.

Didn't know there was a law/theory covering that.

What I kinda meant was that, the anime they whine about is probably more representative of their own culture than Japan's.
    If it wasn't popular in their own country they probably wouldn't have ever heard of it. Very ironic.