Default Are any of you guys playing Destiny? Towards the Future: a Destiny/PSO clan

Hello PSO World!

Are any of you guys fans of Destiny? I've been playing a ton of it as of late, and it's really scratching that PSO itch in a way that no other game has. The more I play it though, the more I want to talk about it, and play it with, other PSO fanatics! There's a shared experience and interest there that is really awesome, and the reason that the PSO community has stuck around so long and so persistently.

There are certainly great places to talk about PSO, and there are myriad places (mostly toxic) to discuss Destiny, but there isn't really anywhere dedicated to discuss both.

So I made a thing that I felt should definitely exist, a bungie group, and soon a destiny clan, for PSO fans and players. It's a bit of an experiment and I'm not sure how much interest there is for this sort of thing, but you can join as many groups as you like, so if you're into Destiny and PSO you may as well stop by and give it a shot, and maybe we can hook up and play a few games together in Destiny, and in PSO!

We've just started, membership is open, and here's the run down:

Towards the Future
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/115631

For Phantasy Star Online veterans and friends alike, who know the joy of red boxes as much as that of yellow engrams, and who trust the Cryptarchs even less than the Tekkers: Join us, fellow hunters of Ragol, and let us go Towards the Future!

Named for the legendary PSO quest, Towards the Future is a casual group for PSO lovers and their friends looking to enjoy the evolving world of Destiny while waxing nostalgic about the Pioneer 1 of online action games on consoles, looking to go on strikes with players that know the ins and outs of battling De Rol Le on Ultimate, or just those looking to find guardians of similar age and interests to fight alongside. Wether you played on DC, GC, Xbox, PC, or all of the above, join us in game or in group, and let's talk about the classics while we enjoy the new!

And if you're still visiting the Pioneer 2 via private server? Perhaps we can hook up there too!

For Osiris, Saint 14, and Red Ring Rico, let's go Towards the Future!

I hope we can make a unique and awesome little community within the Destiny and PSO worlds around the oddly specific interests we share, and even if you aren't playing much Destiny any more and just want to stop by and poke around it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys! And let me know if you think this is a good idea too.
    Last edited by Siatome; Jan 16, 2016 at 05:34 PM.

I've only played through the demo, but I'll probably pick it up at some point. That being said, I'm pretty sure there are a number of PSOWers who are playing Destiny. I think this is a great idea.

Thanks! Having played with the PSO community for so long and for so many years, they're definitely the people I would most like to experience Destiny with. Something about the game just makes me really want to know what other PSO fanatics think about each little thing about it.

Also, without other PSO players around, who's gonna get my jokes?

Subscribing in case a PC release ever happens. Always liked the look of this game, even if I'm really bad at the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Siatome View Post
    Thanks! Having played with the PSO community for so long and for so many years, they're definitely the people I would most like to experience Destiny with. Something about the game just makes me really want to know what other PSO fanatics think about each little thing about it.

Also, without other PSO players around, who's gonna get my jokes?
    Man, the hardest part about playing the Destiny demo for me was not telling everybody how much it reminded me of PSO.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

If Destiny ever hits PC, I'm interested.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Used to play Destiny. Ended up becoming geared enough for PvP with some gimmicky builds and then quit. Fun game, but ultimately a failure due to how rushed Bungie was in relation to the story. Iron Banana is kind of eh, and so on.

Play on Xbox on occasion when wanting to stomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Man, the hardest part about playing the Destiny demo for me was not telling everybody how much it reminded me of PSO.
    Haha I'm with you! That's a big reason for the clan in a lot of ways, it's surreal seeing all these similarities and not having anyone to talk about them with. It's very possible though that the things I most liked about PSO aren't the same as other PSO fans, and therefore may not overlap with Destiny all that much.

For instance, I didn't like PSU at all, in my mind it lost all the best things about the original's formula, but I realize that that is far from a universal opinion, a lot of PSO guys dug it, and PSO2 just didn't have the staying power with me, I've already put far more hours in Destiny then I did in PSO2.

Overall, Destiny feels a lot like a game I could play casually for years to come, just keep coming back to it just like I always do with PSO, and it's going to have a lot more new content over the years than PSO ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    If Destiny ever hits PC, I'm interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaesphora View Post
    Subscribing in case a PC release ever happens. Always liked the look of this game, even if I'm really bad at the genre.
    Thanks! Destiny on PC would be amazing. And as far as FPSs, I think Destiny's PvE content is very forgiving to non-FPS players, it feels much more action RPGish to me if that makes sense, not that much like Halo or other shooters. If you aren't interested in PvP I don't think the FPS gameplay will mess you up too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MiPHISTo View Post
    Used to play Destiny. Ended up becoming geared enough for PvP with some gimmicky builds and then quit. Fun game, but ultimately a failure due to how rushed Bungie was in relation to the story. Iron Banana is kind of eh, and so on.

Play on Xbox on occasion when wanting to stomp.
    Well if you want to join up anyway you'd be welcome! I'd love to hear about what you feel falls flat in Destiny, and why it doesn't hook you the way PSO did.

As far as incompleteness, I guess I think of it like PSO's initial release on the DC vs PSO v.2, and PSO episodes 1 and 2. We're kindof in Destiny v.2 now, and Destiny episodes 1 and 2 will be coming out eventually to bring a more complete experience.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

I have this for Xbox One. I got it for my son, and he plays it a ton. It's just one of those games that I haven't got around to playing. My backlog is just too big. Then there is the fact that I play too much Splatoon and Madden 16.