Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    I think it can't be done since both version might have altered stat or other attributes as well as different potential and potential effects.
    If the items are the same(I don't really see why not unless Sea/Tw is being paranoid) then there shouldn't be an issue. Creating separate weapon pages for differences in stats and properties is definitely something else though.

It might be made to work, but once again, I have to iterate that Sea/Tw will have to take care of it on their own initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaha View Post
    If the items are the same(I don't really see why not unless Sea/Tw is being paranoid) then there shouldn't be an issue. Creating separate weapon pages for differences in stats and properties is definitely something else though.

It might be made to work, but once again, I have to iterate that Sea/Tw will have to take care of it on their own initiative.
    Basically from what I see the potential is the same (not that they chged 10* and 11* potential over the years right?). The main thing is the photon booster potential and some other weapons such as lawnchairs flame visit (does not have potential that boost flame bullet yet) The stats and such are same.

It's more work, if you guys are willing to do the edits for that. I have no problemo with it, but my priority is only going to be to cover the JP stats down. That's already a massive load seeing as we pretty much have nothing there, with all the updates that already hit.

I cant see any of the links in here no permissions

Quote Originally Posted by Synfull View Post
    I cant see any of the links in here no permissions
    Go to shoutwiki website and search for nanapedia

Too bad I'm more versed in wikia. But I guess i could learn all over again.

As for SEA/TW items.......hmmm, how about adding tabs on the individual weapon/unit pages? For the most part, the differences between SEA, TW, and JP items are only in the names and potentials....I think.

Gonna make one tab prototype for now.
    *edit* It did not worked as I expected. So much for that idea.
    *edit2* Apparently I was missing a step for that. Gonna think for another means.
    *edit3* i still can't make sense about creating the weapon list, so I'll stick to adding pages for now
    Last edited by Zeroem; Jan 19, 2016 at 09:46 PM.

I did a bit of work today using regex to speed up migration of data from Cirnopedia. I'm strongly considering moving the simple weapon data from individual templates to each weapon type's list. It means I can finish importing a list in a few minutes without having to create and fill in a hundred template pages, and also means that any future style/batch edits to these lists will only require ~20 pages to work on, rather than thousands. Additionally, it makes reaching and editing the data much more accessible (doesn't require trickly navigation to template pages). It's also the way the JP wiki appears to be structured.

Any objections to this? I'm still fine with weapons having their own pages with more detailed info, it's just that having these lists made out of templates seems unnecessarily difficult to work with.
    Last edited by electrolytes; Jan 19, 2016 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by electrolytes View Post
    I did a bit of work today using regex to speed up migration of data from Cirnopedia. I'm strongly considering moving the simple weapon data from individual templates to each weapon type's list. It means I can finish importing a list in a few minutes without having to create and fill in a hundred template pages, and also means that any future style/batch edits to these lists will only require ~20 pages to work on, rather than thousands. Additionally, it makes reaching and editing the data much more accessible (doesn't require trickly navigation to template pages). It's also the way the JP wiki appears to be structured.

Any objections to this? I'm still fine with weapons having their own pages with more detailed info, it's just that having a list made out of templates seems unnecessarily difficult to work with.
    I mostly didn't expect anyone to actually go out and grab the data all in one go, then import it in, hence the templates for each so it's easier to add in one by one. But if you can do it all at once thats fine too.

Well, I noticed that Nanaha's inputting the missing step that I did not do yesterday. And then after doodling around on test page, I immediately realized 1 huge flaw with the tab suggestion yesterday.

So....apparently the tab format did not looked as I imagined. The tab 'grow' downward, instead of 'growing' to the side. So, that would increase the page size (and the number of scrolling) by a rather big amount if it was implemented. And it would be frustrating for the visitors. With that idea out of the table, I tried building a table to the way I was thinking about yesterday. And the result was.....not too shabby. You can check it here here (it's located at the bottom. The upper one was put for research purposes.). I won't say that this table was perfect though. Actually, it was far from it. This table I was building has 2 glaring problems: One, placing the pictures would be a little tricky; and two, the potential tab are way inferior compared to format nanapedia was using atm.

So, that's that......I guess. I'll leave it to you guys who are more experienced in shoutwiki about this matter. Other than that, I'll keep adding the weapon pages while keeping my eye on the tab template.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Jan 20, 2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: removing a line that could potentially misunderstood
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Quote Originally Posted by electrolytes View Post

Any objections to this? I'm still fine with weapons having their own pages with more detailed info, it's just that having these lists made out of templates seems unnecessarily difficult to work with.
    Continuing our conversation from the Wiki page, this is great for Data Migration by grabbing Cirnopedia's info or another wiki's info directly, but a nightmare to edit. The way I think would be best is is if we, rather than using Templates, could pull the data directly from a weapon's individual page. I agree having the template be what influences both the weapons page and the list locations is a bit cumbersome, especially since you have to find the template page when that's not listed anywhere specifically, and not the optimal solution, but I feel like this is much more error and typo prone.

Then again, I have not really worked with Wikis before, so I suppose I'm not the best judge. Nonetheless, I feel like this method is forcing input redundancy where it really could be avoided.
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。