Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting online

Default Getting online

I'm a decade late, but I've always wanted to play online in this game. Now that I'm old enough to get the resources I need to get online, what exactly do I need? Let me be more specific: what additional things for the Gamecube do I need to get?

Obviously, I have the game, a Gamecube, and a working internet connection and a router. Do I just need the broadband adapter? Alternatively, is it possible to use the Wii's internet connection to get online?

I apologize if there's a thread or article somewhere detailing this. Thanks!

EDIT: I also read in this one article that there is a cost to play online. Is it safe to assume that this was only during the days of the official servers?
    Last edited by Balter; Jul 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

I do believe you also need a pair of the serial number and access key (all game cases came with their own to use to get online.)
    Most servers are free to play on. Only the official ST servers required pay, till they were shut down.

You should probably go pick out a server to your liking and ask there, as each server will have it's own requirements. For example, 2 out of the 4 more known Gamecube servers require a SNAK (Serial Number/Access Key) registration. One requires a specific version of PSO due to a region lock out. Another requires nothing more than the adapter, the GC, and the disk. Some support Wii better than others. These are all things to consider and ask at the forums of the private servers themselves.

As an alternative, you can play PSO: Blue Burst for free on your computer at many private servers. It's easier than trying to find the necessary resources for GC, has a larger population, and has more content than the Gamecube version.

I have Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 Plus (North American version), and the access and serial codes that came with the game. I guess my only question left is if the broadband adapter is required or if an internet connection through my Wii can be sufficient. The adapter isn't cheap! (And I doubt I'm lucky enough to find one at a Gamestop :P )

I'd try Blue Burst if I didn't already have hundreds of hours logged on my Gamecube characters :P

Thanks for the help so far everyone.

Yes it is possible to go online with PSO+ on a Wii but you'll need to google it. It's not a difficult process and once you get the initial setup done you will be good to go

And if I wanted to play Blue Burst, how would I go about getting it? The servers are free, but what about the game? I don't even know where it exists.
    Emerging from the depths after ten years of lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Balter View Post
    And if I wanted to play Blue Burst, how would I go about getting it? The servers are free, but what about the game? I don't even know where it exists.
    I believe you can download blueburst from a private servers website correct? but last time I checked the private server that had the download had some virus/infection problems so I would avoid it for the time being.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I believe you can download blueburst from a private servers website correct? but last time I checked the private server that had the download had some virus/infection problems so I would avoid it for the time being.
    The site is currently experiencing a malware attack. specifically 12 trojans. It isn't unusual, but it takes a while to resolve.

If you got Chrome or Firefox, you might not be able to access the page without first going through a warning barrier.

So my options are:
    -Go to sketchy site and hope for the best trying to get Blue burst
    -Buy a broadband adapter for $40
    -Hack my Wii

And maybe in another 10 years PSO2 will come out! I think I'll just bide my time for now.

EDIT: Oh, how could I find out when the site for Blue Burst is ok to use?
    Emerging from the depths after ten years of lurking.