Page 311 of 318 FirstFirst ... 211261301308309310311312313314 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3179

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Truly, Phaleg is a boss designed to break players out of their comfort zone.
    I think that's a good way to sum up this fight. It takes a bunch of the tactics and habits we've been relying on since Episode 1 (facetanking with automate, flinchlocking an enemy to death, running in circles to avoid pretty much anything charged, etc.) and goes "maybe try something else for a change?"

I heard <everything>/SU can trash Phaleg so here's a FO/SU run.
    On the other hand, HU/FI still struggles because SEGA thinks it's a good idea to dismiss Just Guard.

>Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Well. I guess Maron spam counts as "something else." It does remind me of earlier in the episode when Katori was complaining about Summoners. "You don't even have to fight!" She knew.
    Last edited by Xaeris; May 10, 2017 at 11:47 PM.

I had one run where Phaleg simply didn't spawn. That was fun.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Can't believe us HUs actually have to use step dash now to avoid damage. Really wished I listened to Team Four Star's Piccolo:

ohhhhhhhhh my

Hmm that interesting I never had trouble Just Guarding Phaleg in the second phase. Even if that happened to me I would have just adjusted my strategy since there are plenty of other ways a Hunter can deal with those Kicks.

All Hail Maron, the true Hero of ARKS!

For one thing, when Phaleg initiates those anti-I-frames leg swipes in the 2nd phase, she moves forward as she does so last I checked. If you're already up close to her, there's a good chance she'll move past you which leaves her rear exposed for a brief period until she finishes those leg swipe animations.

I really wish there was an alternate cutscene where we ask Matoi to fight Phaleg for us. Watching the two of them fight over Player, complete with comfortable chair and popcorn would have been fun.

Finally did it. Picked up a few tricks from a video I saw, which helped a lot. Guess I was approaching the fight wrong as BO/HU.

Time to do it with every other class.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Was trying some other classes for laughs. Nabarta-0 works absurdly well for TE here. It's visually impressive too: flame kicks, meet ice wall. And Burn provides plenty of PP to fuel it via Anti. I still haven't quite won as Te, but it's really fun to watch and play.