Page 258 of 318 FirstFirst ... 158208248255256257258259260261268308 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3179

I feel like I'd be more okay with Aru's shota cat boy outfit if the random Dark Falz in the beginning had the appearance of a not-intimidating but clearly evil cat. Something akin to Kyubey from Madoka Magica except with the Dark Falz color scheme.

Well, the thing about Aru's Falz outfit is that the color motif is different than the other Falzes - his outfit's black and blue, opposed to the black and pink/purple of the other Falzes.

Black cats in Japan are seen as more of a sign of good luck, rather than a bad omen (though his outfit could be invoking both, tbh). What I actually believe his outfit is supposed to embody is curiosity and purity. Being born into a world you know nothing about, with no memory, no idea of who you are, where you're from or how things work, you're generally going to be very... inquisitive about your surroundings. This fits into the cat motif because curiosity is often a trait associated with cats (particularly the phrase "Curiosity killed the cat").

Of course, Aru being what he is (and as old as he is), he's not going to know any better, which immediately invokes naivete (as well as a degree of lenience for anything he does wrong). In some ways, he's basically Hitsugi's "pet", but not in the dirty manner that you would think a pet would be. Perhaps a "sibling" would be closer to what he is. In some ways, perhaps he was a manifestation of Hitsugi's desire to have someone who would look up to her (not surprising, she only has an older brother after all). I mean, I can totally understand why she'd want a younger sibling - it tends to surface in a lot of people who don't have one (be they only children or younger members of a multi-child family) - and Enga being the nagging older brother, she probably wished for something different.

So I think Aru's "Falz" form has less to do with his Falz-ness and more to do with the fact of his existence as a whole. That's my take on it, at least.

Huh, that actually makes sense. Aru, especially once he's transported to Oracle, has always kept asking questions about stuff out of curiosity and Hitsugi, after having Aru call her sister, did say she always wanted a little brother as in someone to look up to and depend on her. I can see how that fits with the cat motif... too bad the overall design still looks utterly dumb.

I mean, I really could not maintain a straight face at all whenever he's in any scene with that outfit on especially during "serious" scenes where any sense of tension is broken by his stupid appearance. I had the same feeling during scenes in EP3 that feature Matoi in her awful EP3 outfit.

Its different with a character like Huey whose stupidly large and impractical shoulder pads actually works with his character (and as of EP4, over-the-top hairstyle). He's meant to be a laughing stock with a huge zeal for traditional Japanese hero appearance and behaviour so when he gets serious in a scene, it actually feels serious.

cat form is fine but his shota short pant is ridiculous.sega can do it better but they just need fanservice for girl
    Last edited by oratank; Jan 16, 2017 at 05:24 AM.

Yeah, agreed. His cat ears are sort of fine. Its those shorts and shoes of his that are so downright awful to look at.

probably beast themed darkers

Quote Originally Posted by udon-GE View Post
    probably beast themed darkers
    So Nab Natives with a coat of black and red, then?

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    cat form is fine but his shota short pant is ridiculous.sega can do it better but they just need fanservice for girl
    If they wanted to add fanservice for girls, they need to reveal Enga's ascended form faster
    Seriously though, the whole 'catboy falz' suit would be better if they made the shorts look less like hot pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

I just thought they gave aru catlike features because cats seem to be the companion pet of choice for most girls ._.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    I just thought they gave aru catlike features because cats seem to be the companion pet of choice for most girls ._.
    Doesn't seem to be a problem to Kohri, though.