Page 101 of 318 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3179

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    In other words, Earth Guides are in particularly useless against the Mother Cluster Apostles and needs ARKS(particularly the stronger ones such as ex council of six, P-chan and Matoi) involvement to stop them. I doubt they themselves could even handle Yamato lol. ARKS did it with only supply of 1 ARKS Ship and a couple of AIS beamraeps to finish it off.
    Well, naturally. Earth's communication technology may be on par with Oracle but the rest of their technology is still low tech so you can't expect them to have something akin to an ARKS ship and AISs. Earth Guide also doesn't seem to have a super-intelligent being leading them like what Mother Cluster has so their Ether creations and agents aren't as powerful as the Apostles. Unlike Mother Cluster, Earth Guide doesn't resort to behind-the-scenes manipulation to slip their way into a position of power on Earth. Earth Guide seems to have willingly denied themselves of extra power because they respect humanity enough to not put themselves above them.

Its like Assassins Creed's Assassin vs Templar situation. The good guys (Assassins) are the low-tech, non-controlling group who resort to stealth tactics while being as ethical as possible to achieve their objective. The bad guys (Templars) have nearly complete control of the world, vast resources and connections, more firepower and numbers, and could care less about ethics. Both groups have existed since their planet's historical times.

Phaleg also has Weak Bullet resistance. That's not something every average enemy can just have.

Didn't the cutscenes say Phaleg was using something besides Aether to fight? Wouldn't that explain why her energy was red? Unless she's just changing her Aether's color since she's the Apostle of 火, I guess.

Or is she one of those "Witches" that Ardem mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Icis View Post
    Phaleg also has Weak Bullet resistance. That's not something every average enemy can just have.
    But its good that she has that resistance to make her more of a challenging fight.

I've mentioned before that I want to challenge Phaleg at her full power, but then I realized that since it's Story Quest, they'll either super-nerf her damage resistance via power of plot, cripple her in some other fashion through power of plot, or off her in-story. Frankly, even at a fraction of her power she's a little tough to handle.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Considering that her Apostle powers are red in colour, it is possible she's using Negative Photons to bolster her powers.

The resemblanceto Hunar's attacks also didn't go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    I've mentioned before that I want to challenge Phaleg at her full power, but then I realized that since it's Story Quest, they'll either super-nerf her damage resistance via power of plot, cripple her in some other fashion through power of plot, or off her in-story. Frankly, even at a fraction of her power she's a little tough to handle.
    I see no reason to be skeptical about how the Story handles Phaleg being defeated by Playa-chan seeing as how previous Episodes have delivered when it comes to strong Story bosses being beaten through reasonable means such as Persona, Falz Hunar, Theodore, Falz Angel, Falz Dourumble, Matoi Viel, and Viel Hunar. Plus, Playa-chan has been acknowledged as a worthy adversary to Phaleg so it would seem believable for Playa-chan to be able to defeat Phaleg at full power. What would actually be total bullshit is if Hitsugi somehow manages to beat Phaleg despite being completely outmatched by her.

So far, the way the story hypes up Phaleg's power has been done well especially when compared to how Gettemhart was "hyped up" back in EP1. In EP1, you only have Gettemhart and other NPCs words telling you how dangerous he is yet you never really see any actual physical displays of his abilities in cutscenes. It doesn't help that the Gettemhart boss fight was laughably easy even if your lower levelled (not helped by the fact that you fight him with a group instead of a one-on-one as what EP1 implied would have been the case). While Gettemhart tried to be scary with his taunts and redundant speeches, Phaleg is more of an "action speaks louder than words" type of person which is SO much better.

Personally, I just hope we get to go one-on-one with her. Most of Playa-chan's Story related battles and accomplishments are done with a few companions at his/her side and rarely ever gets any decent one-on-one fights.

It has to do with the player being a conduit for progressing the plot (again). They seem to run into this problem rather often; they only managed to break out of it with the whole Persona revelation, but then they went back to "you make the plot move for other characters" for EP4.

I mean, challenging Phaleg gameplay-wise. Her sky-high defense would make a full-blown fight a drag, and she hits hard enough that an extended duel might spell trouble for classes that don't have access to infinite and/or easy healing.
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 11, 2016 at 12:54 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

By the way, loafhero, I'm 95% sure Hitsugi wasn't shaken by how easily Phaleg could have killed her. It seemed to be because Phaleg asked if Hitsugi had the resolve to actually kill a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Icis View Post
    By the way, loafhero, I'm 95% sure Hitsugi wasn't shaken by how easily Phaleg could have killed her. It seemed to be because Phaleg asked if Hitsugi had the resolve to actually kill a person.
    Oh, okay.

Dang, she super mario'ed the barrier. Not sure if i'm mad or impressed.