Page 2 of 318 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Did someone say fish?

its probably just a way for them to get new players who jump right into ep 4 a bit familiar with the story

So I haven't gotten too far, and I don't understand Japanese well enough to understand all of what Ciela said, but here's the gist of what I got based on what I COULD make out (spoilers though I guess? so read at your discretion):

Spoiler!

With that now covered, we move on to Chapter 1's plot (or what I could make of it, for that matter). Note that the following is extremely tl;dr, so don't open unless you like reading long explanations.

Spoiler!

tl;dr version: ARKS got a cabinet rework, a stupid high school girl playing a vidya logged out during a Deus Ex invocation, the whole thing created life and gave rise to space zombies on Earth, and now Ciela demands that we fix this shit. Because reasons.

Why Pietro looks and talk like one of those villains in the shadows? is he the master mind? he will transform his pet into a monster?

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Sooo wait.... We somehow the gameworld crosses into reality....?

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    So I haven't gotten too far, and I don't understand Japanese well enough to understand all of what Ciela said, but here's the gist of what I got based on what I COULD make out (spoilers though I guess? so read at your discretion):

Spoiler!

With that now covered, we move on to Chapter 1's plot (or what I could make of it, for that matter). Note that the following is extremely tl;dr, so don't open unless you like reading long explanations.

Spoiler!

tl;dr version: ARKS got a cabinet rework, a stupid high school girl playing a vidya logged out during a Deus Ex invocation, the whole thing created life and gave rise to space zombies on Earth, and now Ciela demands that we fix this shit. Because reasons.
    amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

this is why you dont combat log kids you

So how long have we been in cryostasis, and in particular why were we in cryostasis?

Quote Originally Posted by Korima View Post
    Why Pietro looks and talk like one of those villains in the shadows? is he the master mind? he will transform his pet into a monster?
    He's basically the Karmic-reincarnation of Luther - complete with all the rules that apply to reincarnation in the Buddhist doctrine.

He was a dick in his past life, so now his pet Wanda is there to remind him that he's no longer the big bird of the house, and that he will om him and nom him as much as he feels it is necessary to remind him of this fact (also, he was reincarnated as one of the races he considered his "playthings").

If that's not just desserts for everything he did in EP2, I don't know what is.

Will say that it genuinely made me laugh though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    Sooo wait.... We somehow the gameworld crosses into reality....?
    Pretty much, yeah. Via some dimensional schism that our using god-tier photons ended up making.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    So how long have we been in cryostasis, and in particular why were we in cryostasis?
    2 years, as far as I could make out. As for WHY we were in cryo-stasis... my Japanese is not good enough to ascertain that particular factoid.

Also, apparently we're not the only ones either - they've got a whole system full of them.

P.S. Should mention that selecting a new character creation gives you a slightly altered version of the Cryostasis CS in Xenoblade Chronicles X (if you've played or are familiar with that game), which THEN transfers to the actual character creation. Also Regius' bit is removed and replaced by Xiao narration.
    Last edited by Renvalt; Jan 27, 2016 at 12:09 PM.

Frozen?

Are we Master Chief now? Just sitting around in freezers when we're not needed?