Page 294 of 318 FirstFirst ... 194244284291292293294295296297304 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3179

And there we go I am done with episode 4 with all my characters. Now to wait for Kazen's translations to see if at any point I was correct in assuming what characters were saying based solely on attitude, posture, and cliches of anime RPGs.

And [162-B]

Spoiler!

I don't think Matoi is that much taller than Sara. One thing I pointed out as far back as EPISODE 3 was that the Innocent Cluster has ridiculous heels. It's painful to even look at them because they're so unrealistically tall that no person other than whose who would desire the deepest pits of hell to their feet would even think about wearing those.

When you think about it from Earth's point of view, having a bunch of weirdos and aliens suddenly showing up for no apparent reason might understandably cause a ruckus. Much less a whole fleet of them. Although the game considers humans other than the core characters nonexistent, so.

Also, I never understood why Matoi is considered sexy. Sure, they try to push the point with her outfits, but she leaned closer to "cute" for me.
    Last edited by Altiea; Apr 6, 2017 at 01:06 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

That another way of pushing responsibility on the player chan

Fun fact: Innocent Cluster adds 7 inches to a character's height in the salon.

Waiting on Kazanboshi to grace us with a translation like the rest of you, but it seems rather clear that Episode 4 is wrapped up, apart from Phaleg still having to issue a duel challenge to PC. So I'm just kinda wondering how Deus fits in. Ether is clearly still a thing, and phantoms apparently always existed through Earth's history, so the elements for Deus to self embody like Mother does are present. But the Arks can't keep babysitting Earth forever (r-right?), and the idea of something like Deus Zephyros being able to continually reembody itself is rather bleak. I dunno, it's just weird to me that the EQ follows the climax of the episode's story, unlike previous episodes where the EQ was the climax.

I am well aware that Matoi's heels are boosting her height. I've made fun of her heels a few times already. The point is that I enjoyed how Sara came off as the bigger and more mature girl despite being shorter (and slightly younger) than Matoi (heels or not). Back in the "10 years ago" event in EP2, Matoi was the "onee-san" to Sara. Now the roles are reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Also, I never understood why Matoi is considered sexy. Sure, they try to push the point with her outfits, but she leaned closer to "cute" for me.
    That's my point. Her personality and voice leans towards cute & moe but her outfit and her certain endowments make her appear sexy, which creates this jarring feeling for me. Its like they wanted to maintain her "purity" without compromising on her sex appeal but its executed in a way that just comes off as a little... well, dumb. Its jarring (but actually kinda funny in a way) to see Matoi whining like a little girl in an outfit that's certainly popped a few boners.

Personally, a balanced cuteness-to-sexy ratio for Matoi was already accomplished back when she was Klarisklays II and without giving her an overly sexy outfit.
    Last edited by loafhero; Apr 6, 2017 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    That's my point. Her personality and voice leans towards cute & moe but her outfit and her certain endowments make her appear sexy, which creates this jarring feeling for me. Its like they wanted to maintain her "purity" without compromising on her sex appeal but its executed in a way that just comes off as a little... well, dumb. Its jarring (but actually kinda funny in a way) to see Matoi whining like a little girl in an outfit that's certainly popped a few boners.

Personally, a balanced cuteness-to-sexy ratio for Matoi was already accomplished back when she was Klarisklays II and without giving her an overly sexy outfit.
    With regards to this... I have a theory.

You know how Touhou and KanColle are notorious for the influx of hentai content made by fans? In a sense, one might argue that they're trying to maintain a certain image for Matoi to avoid being thrown into R18 territory (because you can definitely tell they WANT to go there, but the rules of public image dictate that they can't), but the devs are effectively saying "If you CAN do erotic stuff to her without using our assets, we'll turn a blind eye to it".

I mean, think about it. How many explicitly R18 SAs have you run into during the course of your time playing JP PSO2? In other games, people would flip and report you to be banned without a second thought. But it's there (trust me on this: I still see them whilst browsing shop searches from time to time) - and almost nothing really gets done about it.

In the case of Touhou and KanColle specifically, you don't have to look far to find that kind of stuff. The creators themselves outright say they're not okay with it... but if that was the case, wouldn't the crackdown on that stuff be harder?

As always, it's just a theory, though. Pay no mind to my incessant, ignorant rambling.

Will say it gave a good kodiak moment

Regular
    Spoiler!

Darker
    Spoiler!

@Renvalt Actually... you have a good point there. I'm familiar enough with that particular tactic used by creators to encourage R18 stuff without being held accountable for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    I mean, think about it. How many explicitly R18 SAs have you run into during the course of your time playing JP PSO2? In other games, people would flip and report you to be banned without a second thought. But it's there (trust me on this: I still see them whilst browsing shop searches from time to time) - and almost nothing really gets done about it.
    Yup, I still see some of that even now.

Anyway, my thoughts on [168-D]:
    Spoiler!

So, does anyone have any idea where Deus Hunas originated? Was it Ardem's ideal of God coming to materialization or an ancient God resurrected from it's eternal slumber?