Page 4 of 318 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

The more I read about the story the I need someone to hold me and whisper "Its going to be okay its all just a dream" to me

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    The more I read about the story the I need someone to hold me and whisper "Its going to be okay its all just a dream" to me

Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    So I haven't gotten too far, and I don't understand Japanese well enough to understand all of what Ciela said, but here's the gist of what I got based on what I COULD make out (spoilers though I guess? so read at your discretion):

Spoiler!

With that now covered, we move on to Chapter 1's plot (or what I could make of it, for that matter). Note that the following is extremely tl;dr, so don't open unless you like reading long explanations.

Spoiler!

tl;dr version: ARKS got a cabinet rework, a stupid high school girl playing a vidya logged out during a Deus Ex invocation, the whole thing created life and gave rise to space zombies on Earth, and now Ciela demands that we fix this shit. Because reasons.
    Holy shit.

So, like, does our character at least have a massive existential breakdown upon learning that they're just a character in a shitty MMO?
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

What shocks me most is...
    Spoiler!

This person has the english patch!
    Last edited by Rupikachu; Jan 27, 2016 at 03:35 PM.

^

That amusese now that you mention it
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    So, like, does our character at least have a massive existential breakdown upon learning that they're just a character in a shitty MMO?
    No, actually. It's worse. They're surprisingly calm about the whole thing.

They act like it's somehow natural (only giving Ciela the "are you shitting me" look like once throughout the first half).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Holy shit.
    I think it's safe to say that SEGA has gone off the deep end in terms of giving a shit about the seriousness of the story anymore at this point.

Granted, I never had any real opinion of the "story" prior to this point anyways - I just had some kind of obsession with finding out what came next (possibly because gameplay wise I liked PSO2 and wanted to see what SEGA would come up with - just out of vain curiosity).

In terms of bad storytelling, this ranks a little lower than the "fanfic" I wrote in high school (that my teachers actually used to give me credits towards my English graduation reqs, but that's neither here nor there), but it's still high ranking in terms of "bad story". So I'm with you guys on this at least.

I'm here for the lulz at this point. I stopped giving any real fucks about PSO2's "story" at this point.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    What shocks me most is...
    Spoiler!

This person has the english patch!
    Wow.

All I can say is...

Sega
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

This really feels like a bad joke, if their current japanese target audience can really enjoy something like this I really don't know what to think about them, and if they think this is as shit as we think it is I hope Sega gets the message.

did they actually say that we are from a game tho? or just that its different universe/dimension?