Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default do we still need the tweaker for the english patch?

Topic

afaik you technically never did; I remember the old days of grabbing the files from psu-mods and I'm assuming that never changed?
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

That's what i'm talking about. That's always been my method of using the english patch.

However, about 4 months ago or so sega changed something so basically if we manual english patch and launch the game with the vanilla launcher it will detect the english patch and redownload the original jp files.

Because of this we were all "forced" into using the tweaker if we wanted to use the core basic english patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    That's what i'm talking about. That's always been my method of using the english patch.

However, about 4 months ago or so sega changed something so basically if we manual english patch and launch the game with the vanilla launcher it will detect the english patch and redownload the original jp files.

Because of this we were all "forced" into using the tweaker if we wanted to use the core basic english patch.
    This.
    Ship 03
    ID: Xical - Team: Epsilon
    Ra lvl 100, Gu lvl 100, Fo lvl 96, Te lvl 100, Hu lvl 100, Fi lvl 100, Br lvl 100, Bo lvl 100, Su lvl 100, Hr lvl 100, Ph lvl 100, Et lvl 100, Ls lvl100
    Pround RAmars since the DC era

The .bat method of launching the english patch has been posted several times in the past couple weeks. It does the same thing the SEGA launcher does to launch the game, but without the file checks. It's what I've been using ever since I got paranoid about all the bans that went out late last year and various GG shenanigans.

So no, you've never needed the tweaker to use the english patch.
    Last edited by Valduran; Jan 27, 2016 at 05:03 PM.

there is no need for any .bat you just need a system variable and then add a launch parameter for pso2.exe
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Haha yeah, I guess I should have figured that out from what I was pasting into the .bat file. But I'm lazy. xP

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    there is no need for any .bat you just need a system variable and then add a launch parameter for pso2.exe
    Do what now?

do that now, obv replace the steam properties with shortcut properties, or keep in steam if you want to launch from steam
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
    The .bat method of launching the english patch has been posted several times in the past couple weeks. It does the same thing the SEGA launcher does to launch the game, but without the file checks. It's what I've been using ever since I got paranoid about all the bans that went out late last year and various GG shenanigans.

So no, you've never needed the tweaker to use the english patch.
    Can you show me how to do this? Can you link me one of those threads that teaches us how to do it? I would appreciate it.