Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Come on guys, there's literally a link to the first thread for this right there...
    Sorry, but since he didn't post there, I couldn't reply there...

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    Wouldn't a Mulitiverse theory like that require something like the Akashic Records just to hold it together as a center piece tho?
    Pre-Crisis, Earth-Prime (aka "Our" Earth, the world without real superheroes) served that purpose, while in Morrison's work, we have the Hall of Heroes and the Rock of Eternity that sit at the center of the Orrery of Worlds.
    In regards to PSO2, that is what essentially what Xion (and to a lesser extent the Phontoner's failed clones of her) is.

I've been wondering what is PSO1's story comparing to PSO2, I remember someone mentioning that there was this NPC who lost his weapon to Falz and you accept his quest to retrieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Sorry, but since he didn't post there, I couldn't reply there...

Pre-Crisis, Earth-Prime (aka "Our" Earth, the world without real superheroes) served that purpose, while in Morrison's work, we have the Hall of Heroes and the Rock of Eternity that sit at the center of the Orrery of Worlds.
    In regards to PSO2, that is what essentially what Xion (and to a lesser extent the Phontoner's failed clones of her) is.
    so we are the succesful one ? to some extend
    Ship 2 / Invite ID : 10385482 / Courina

Enforcer of Evil™

Luther actually namedrops the Akashic Records while he's doing his speech before Xion tho.
    Long story short : there is a PSO2 universe, there is a Earth Universe, something allows earthlings to somehow play games in the PSO2 universe, and then we start going back and forth.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

I think the thing everyone is forgetting is the simple fact that space-time travel in this series is not a new thing. There's no need for an Akashic record. Heck it's practically a daily occurence at this point. The descriptions for Rappies say they can do it along with some other creatures. The Gurhalians have been dealing with Subspace bubbles for some time now. Heck it's because of PSU that it's explained why Nagisa, Rico, and Flowen are showing up near the Arks fleet at this point. There is even a quest that Nagisa has called Space-Time Voyage Explanation (which sadly remains untranslated at this point for confirmation.) The Arks and Gurhalians probably have a good working relationship right now if those three are able to walk around unattended.

^I personally think that when Luther mentioned about Akashic Record in 3-5, it should be addressed more and have more dialogue trees. But alas, the topic was left there inside Double's inner-verse. And almost no way to bait that topic again unless from Xiao himself.

Well, if we can get Rico and Flowen Guild Card in similar fashion as Nagisa in the future; I guess it's safe to conclude that Emilia finished the Subspace travel machine; PSPo2:I side story are canon; also PSO1, PSO2, and PSU universe are now connected. It sounds like something SEGA would do for the next anniversary, but for now it's still up in the air for speculation.

For now, the things we know is that there is ARKS universe and Earth universe. Not really alternate, but more like different universe. Somehow, during our 2 years cold-sleep Earthlings can 'access' and 'exist' in the ARKS universe, under the ruse of playing PSO2. One year (or 7 months to be exact) after the anime; we woke up, asked to investigate about irregular ARKS, and discover Earth by accident thanks to Hitsugi being dumb.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Feb 16, 2016 at 08:28 PM. Reason: grammar
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Xion is the "Akashic Record". That's what Luther called her in episode 2.

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Xion is the "Akashic Record". That's what Luther called her in episode 2.
    Yes and no. By what I've read so far Xion is merely an Avatar of what is basically a living computer the size of a planet. I've brought up the Akashic Record in that sense of Metaphysics/Astral plane/Mind realm sorta thing seeing that Anduril brought up the Multiverse though Media concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroem View Post
    Well, if we can get Rico and Flowen Guild Card in similar fashion as Nagisa in the future; I guess it's safe to conclude that Emilia finished the Subspace travel machine, PSPo2:I side story are cannon, and PSO1, PSO2, and PSU universe are now connected. It sounds like something SEGA would do for the next anniversary, but for now it's still up in the air for speculation.

For now, the things we know is that there is ARKS universe and Earth universe. Not really alternate, but more like different universe. Somehow, during our 2 years cold-sleep Earthlings can 'access' and 'exist' in the ARKS universe, under the ruse of playing PSO2. One year (or 7 months to be exact) after the anime; we woke up, asked to investigate about irregular ARKS, and discover Earth by accident thanks to Hitsugi being dumb.
    It is funny that you bring up Subspace because if look at the plot PSP2(I) and Subspace bringing thoughts to live and what the Phantoms are (The embodiment of people’s fears and imaginations.) The two phenomenon are not that unsimilar.

Perhaps ESC-A's ‘Ether’ communication is just a less advanced form of Subspace technology and Subspace as a whole could be compared to Xenosaga's U.M.N.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

ESC-A ethernet being the UMN with the serial number filed off makes so much god damn sense, wow.

Also, I really, really *want* this subspace theory to be true. I think it'd kinda own for PSP2i and PSO2 to finally make the Unifying Theory of Phantasy Star, even if it is completely contrived for the sake of shoutouts. :V

i stll have question that left unanswered so far from other thread...

What ESC-A stand for ? Ether System Communication - A ???
    Ship 2 / Invite ID : 10385482 / Courina