Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

If that was true then people wouldn't be getting severely punished for doing so majority of the time, and I could hop into any content and don't drown from RNG (cmode), a bad rank (MBD and others), worse PSE bursts, less points (Riding Quests) etc. Stuff that's actually built for solo ends up being trash, lack effort put in from the devs, or unsatisfying like solo XQ in general. Afterthoughts. The game goes out of its way to make it a mediocre experience.
    But you're right, people can do whatever the hell they want, have fun, etc etc. So go solo Necky for those Orbits already, you hardcore gamer you.

But anyway, it's a bad representation of the game. You're gonna end up playing with others to get anywhere, and experience all the faults of the class balance in its entirety during that time. Like those BO solo vids lately; they're great, but doesn't change the fact that the class is bad when it counts and utterly undermines its issues.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Dec 5, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    If that was true then people wouldn't be getting severely punished for doing so majority of the time, and I could hop into any content and don't drown from RNG (cmode), a bad rank (MBD and others), worse PSE bursts, less points (Riding Quests) etc. Stuff that's actually built for solo ends up being trash, lack effort put in from the devs, or unsatisfying like solo XQ in general. Afterthoughts. The game goes out of its way to make it a mediocre experience.
    But you're right, people can do whatever the hell they want, have fun, etc etc. So go solo Necky for those Orbits already, you hardcore gamer you.

But anyway, it's a bad representation of the game. You're gonna end up playing with others to get anywhere, and experience all the faults of the class balance in its entirety during that time. Like those BO solo vids lately; they're great, but doesn't change the fact that the class is bad when it counts and utterly undermines its issues.
    Huum it's only natural that clearing MPA-based content solo or single party will take more time/have drawbacks, because they weren't designed with solo play in mind. However, some people just want more challenge, because it's the way they find it fun. Also Solo XQ are mostly fine to me, I don't see what's wrong or unsatisfying with it, except that they are very limited since we only have 20 stages atm.

Big issue with MPA content is that a good deal of it is outdated : with power creep, MPAs are now simply too powerful, so the original thrill most old EQs used to give is lost ( I miss you, Loser that wasn't stunlocked to death in every possible brutal way). Naturally,after reaching a certain point in experience/gear people will either stray away from the game, or try to emulate said thrill/challenge by changing the conditions, and going single party/solo is one of the easiest ways to go about it. While I agree with some of the things you say, you should still be more understanding when it comes ot other people's definition of fun. If they'd rather do that than play something else and are happy with that, why should you even care in the first place, it doesn't impact you or anyone else after all.

Also, and this is just opinion mind you, class balance in PSO2 is not so bad as people make it out to be. not saying it's perfect,as some classes are obviously a lot stronger than others (looking at you, FO and FI), but pretty much every class can have a relevant role and perform at least decently in most of the games' content. Besides, it's not as if we had content so awfully difficult that not having a FO in your mpa would mean no clear or something.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 5, 2016 at 06:48 PM.

Necky was a mistake
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

what the fuck
    i dabbed 4 times, not 3, not 2, not 5, but 4

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Saying that you should only play PSO2 with other people is like saying that you should only play Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) with 2 people, because you can choose to complete it with Sonic & Tails.
    sonic 3 is a singleplayer game with multiplayer content tacked onto it

pso2 is a multiplayer game with singleplayer content tacked onto it

there is a very important difference you deflated balloon
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

While this game is meant for multiplayer. There is nothing wrong with people showing they can solo MPA content. I give them credit for that because personally I can't be arsed to do it myself with how impatient I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    Necky was a mistake
    the mascot? yes, the EQ? absolutely not

Quote Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
    ... you deflated balloon
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
    sonic 3 is a singleplayer game with multiplayer content tacked onto it

pso2 is a multiplayer game with singleplayer content tacked onto it

there is a very important difference you deflated balloon
    Not "very important" for the sake of this argument. They have different weight, yes, but they are still both radical. And they radically go against "true nature" of gaming: it's a waste of time for sake of entertainment. Different people are entertained by different things, which is why there are so many game different games and genres. But even within one game people find different things to like it for, and they wouldn't play other, supposedly "better" games, because those games aren't better at those specific things.

I like occasionally getting in parties with people, discussing things and planning strategies while we play together, because it brings variety to the game. Getting better gear means I will be able to work out new skills and find new ways of entertainment when doing things solo, because it brings variety to the game. There's no variety in running same quests over and over with 11 people you don't know, because it often boils down to hitting shit till it dies, which for me has no purpose. Surely, it's "rewarding", but when your gear is all complete and there's nothing to hunt, you'll look for something fresh, and the fun you get from that freshness is a reward in itself. This is what's good about mods, and it's why concept of DLC was invented.

You'll say: "This game is not for you", and I'll say "Bullshit". I like how simple yet diverse combat is, I like the art style and atmosphere, the music is great and I LOVE my characters. Occasional chatter is great too. If I only cared about multiplayer aspect of the game, I'd play WoW, but point-and-click bullshit isn't fun. If I only cared about combat technicalities, I'd play Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden; while those games are great, they have different control scheme and they do not have enough content to keep me entertained for thousands of hours.

Finally, here are some examples of arguments I've seen. They've been talking about different games in different contexts, but the general idea is like this:

Quake 3 has a standard set of mechanics and a bunch of default maps. Everyone should play those; all those mods and thousands of maps suck, because id Software didn't intend the game to be that way

Minecraft is about collecting materials and surviving zombies. It's not about building cities and simulating computers

DMD is supposed to be hard! Being able to kill Credo in 1 minute is not fun, that's not how it should be!

That's killjoy mentality. It's real, and it's cancerous. Gaming is the most open and diverse form of entertainment, and these people miss the point.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

that's a lot of words to say "fun is subjective," are you sure your argument didn't escape you halfway into that wall of justifying yourself?

look if you want to solo things then be my guest, you at least aren't interfering with my fun when you're soloing

just don't tell me that cooperating with other players in a game that, for the past four years, has been a co-op only multiplayer online action rpg is not a core mechanic

see, when one person hits a monster really hard, then a second person starts hitting that same monster, they are cooperating. they are working towards a similar goal - killing a monster. when a support casts buffs they are cooperating towards the same goal of killing a monster

it's not complicated
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone